Educational

Author Topic: should you ask me something?  (Read 28617 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: should you ask me something?
« Reply #870 on: September 05, 2007, 03:57:56 PM »
he is totally down to earth. that's why i love him. he's so amazing.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #871 on: September 05, 2007, 04:53:47 PM »
Darmok is my favourite. Then the Borg ones, im not really a trekkie though.
I don't know the names, there was the one where he played that flute where he lived another life-time, that was nice.
Then it was mentioned again where he (picard) found a lover to play musical instruments with - a rolled up keyboard.

Which one was tapestry ?
I met Patrick Stewart once - there was a sci-fi convention on ( i didn't attend, but in my town)  people were walking around dressed like Darth Vader, Storm Troopers and such. Anyway Patrick Stewart walked out of a building and i nearly bumped into him. Obviously i thought it was just some guy dressed like him, then i gave him a double-take and said, "wow, you look like the real thing." We both laughed and i walked off, then looked back and there was a crowd around him getting his autograph. I caught his eye and he was still laughing.
Just thought i would share.

Those would be the two I mentioned -- The Inner Light and Lessons.

Trivia note:  The flute prop (wasn't actually capable of playing music) sold for $40,000 at the Christie's Star Trek auction.  That thing was popular with MANY fans.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #872 on: September 05, 2007, 05:54:15 PM »
did you know that my dad owns property about 40 miles from spokane?  he could drive there in about 45 minutes.

now i do but why would i care?
durr, because it's spokane.  you know, the place where benny and joon were filmed.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #873 on: September 05, 2007, 06:49:25 PM »

He is one of my favorite actors. I saw him at a Sci-Fi event once. I've been to several.
It was in the Chicago Hilton and I got within a few feet of him at an introductory luncheon where I had photographed some business people in their display as part of the kick off.

I was stressed, my wife was stressed, the line to the food had been long and he, the guy who played O'Brian and someone who played a bunch of different aliens I didn't recognize, were behind a table of food, talking with other people, but he noticed my wife's loudness, anxiety, belligerence, stepped forward and said to her, "Maybe we should beam out, before anyone knows we're here."

She was stunned, because it was like the first time anyone of celebrity, except for a country music star she grew up with, had ever spoken to her.
I was cool, of course, (you know what I used to do...) but she talked about it for weeks and weeks. He has amazing eyes.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #874 on: September 05, 2007, 09:52:54 PM »
He has amazing eyes.

Are they hazel or green?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #875 on: September 06, 2007, 07:24:42 AM »
So, am I more like Monica or more like Chandler?

And which one are you?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #876 on: September 06, 2007, 02:38:22 PM »
lol. he must have thought it was really funny.

Tapestry was the one where Q was like playing god and made him live life again and make different choices.

I vaguely recall something that, it's a few years since i watched them. Did he get stabbed at the beginning or something, ive a terrible memory for some things.
Also, i spoke to someone who took his photo for an article for a university paper. She said he was a very down to earth guy.

Among the difficulties assholes like you struggle with, bad memory is one of them.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #877 on: September 06, 2007, 02:51:13 PM »
Darmok is my favourite. Then the Borg ones, im not really a trekkie though.
I don't know the names, there was the one where he played that flute where he lived another life-time, that was nice.
Then it was mentioned again where he (picard) found a lover to play musical instruments with - a rolled up keyboard.

Which one was tapestry ?
I met Patrick Stewart once - there was a sci-fi convention on ( i didn't attend, but in my town)  people were walking around dressed like Darth Vader, Storm Troopers and such. Anyway Patrick Stewart walked out of a building and i nearly bumped into him. Obviously i thought it was just some guy dressed like him, then i gave him a double-take and said, "wow, you look like the real thing." We both laughed and i walked off, then looked back and there was a crowd around him getting his autograph. I caught his eye and he was still laughing.
Just thought i would share.

Those would be the two I mentioned -- The Inner Light and Lessons.

Trivia note:  The flute prop (wasn't actually capable of playing music) sold for $40,000 at the Christie's Star Trek auction.  That thing was popular with MANY fans.

i just saw that one. it was on last night. i had seen it eons ago. he learned to play the flute.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #878 on: September 06, 2007, 02:51:42 PM »
Why the new screenname?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #879 on: September 06, 2007, 02:51:53 PM »
did you know that my dad owns property about 40 miles from spokane?  he could drive there in about 45 minutes.

now i do but why would i care?
durr, because it's spokane.  you know, the place where benny and joon were filmed.

i think you're mixing me with someone.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #880 on: September 06, 2007, 02:53:36 PM »

He is one of my favorite actors. I saw him at a Sci-Fi event once. I've been to several.
It was in the Chicago Hilton and I got within a few feet of him at an introductory luncheon where I had photographed some business people in their display as part of the kick off.

I was stressed, my wife was stressed, the line to the food had been long and he, the guy who played O'Brian and someone who played a bunch of different aliens I didn't recognize, were behind a table of food, talking with other people, but he noticed my wife's loudness, anxiety, belligerence, stepped forward and said to her, "Maybe we should beam out, before anyone knows we're here."

She was stunned, because it was like the first time anyone of celebrity, except for a country music star she grew up with, had ever spoken to her.
I was cool, of course, (you know what I used to do...) but she talked about it for weeks and weeks. He has amazing eyes.

his eyes are so amazing. soulful and deep. and playful. i just love everything about him. :) he has a good sense of humor.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #881 on: September 06, 2007, 02:55:41 PM »
So, am I more like Monica or more like Chandler?

And which one are you?

tell me about yourself. so i will know.

i'm like both of them. i'm like Chandler but i'm OCD like Monica. and i'm an oddball like Phoebe. and i'm slow like Joey. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #882 on: September 06, 2007, 02:56:19 PM »
Why the new screenname?

it was time.

Hannah is someone i fancy.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #883 on: September 06, 2007, 02:56:48 PM »
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #884 on: September 06, 2007, 02:59:19 PM »
Why the new screenname?

it was time.

Hannah is someone i fancy.
Do you know her IRL? Are you going to post a pic?