Educational

Author Topic: should you ask me something?  (Read 28492 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: should you ask me something?
« Reply #615 on: July 25, 2007, 05:59:29 PM »
Why dont you keep you conversations dull then so you cant make as big a faux pas, then when people get more used to you be more honest. Really its a matter of thinking hard before you say something. If you put on an appearence also people are less likely to complain at your indiscretions. A quick lie does help when you make a faux pas, i get out of them all the time that way.

but i don't want to be a prisoner of a life like that. the few friends i have i can be myself with. i'm afraid of dullness even more than being weird.
Oh it will be dull for a time, but when you move up the social spiral, then things can get intresting. But you have to put a foot on the ladder to begin with. What you are doing now, sitting around being a prisoner at home is where you are being locked up. You hate being lonely dont you?
And intuition is also a scientific concept, for me its just figuring things out in my head and drawing subconcious conclusions. You are trying to draw me into spirituality arent you?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #616 on: July 25, 2007, 06:49:31 PM »
i'm not that lonely. i don't notice it. i just know something is lacking but i can live with it. i've climbed up the social ladder and i'm not gonna do it again for some time. it's fine.

i'm trying to get you to realize spirituality and science are sides of the same coin. ;)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #617 on: July 25, 2007, 07:08:19 PM »
i'm not that lonely. i don't notice it. i just know something is lacking but i can live with it. i've climbed up the social ladder and i'm not gonna do it again for some time. it's fine.

i'm trying to get you to realize spirituality and science are sides of the same coin. ;)
You can live with it but you want more dont you milla?
As for spirtuality and science being different sides of the same coin i would agree with you, they both face in opposite directions...  :)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #618 on: July 25, 2007, 07:52:40 PM »
milla, do penis' scare you?
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #619 on: July 25, 2007, 09:09:52 PM »

As for spirtuality and science being different sides of the same coin i would agree with you, they both face in opposite directions...  :)

i think that's a pseudocompromise i smell. ;)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #620 on: July 25, 2007, 09:10:58 PM »

not if it's a nice penis. ;)

isn't that penii?
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #621 on: July 25, 2007, 09:33:21 PM »

i think that's a pseudocompromise i smell. ;)

Sounded more like he said that the two philosophies can never see eye to eye, since one is the reverse of the other.
 ;)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #622 on: July 25, 2007, 09:39:49 PM »
i'm just tired of debating. :P

but thanks for ruining it. :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #623 on: July 25, 2007, 10:32:14 PM »

not if it's a nice penis. ;)

isn't that penii?
i would agree to call them penii, if you think that is right.

what do you mean by nice?

they say please and thank you.  hold doors open for a lady and always cover the bill?
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #624 on: July 25, 2007, 11:09:46 PM »
nice as in cute and taste like marshmellows.

and, i think penii is right.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #625 on: July 25, 2007, 11:28:37 PM »
yeah i do that too. though i'm not brutal but just embarassingly honest. there are things we're not supposed to say. and then my brain is muddied so i say things in a way that people don't understand and they get offended. or they are scared of my weirdness. either way it's destroyed my self image in a way and that causes self-loathing. i dunno how to fix it. i'm not saying boohoo why me, i know it was me that came here willingly and took on this person i am and made my own mistakes but there comes a point where you say enough. i'm done with making friends with people who will leave me or think i'm a freak or just by being there mirror what i think of myself when i imagine what they must be thinking of me. if it wasn't for the things i need to do in this life i'd wish to die and be born someone better.

I identify with the last sentence you wrote in this post too much it seems.  I weird some people out too with my habits and interests.   Definitely offend people with some of my more extreme opinions.   People either think I am stuck up, an asshole, too shy, too nice or just plain strange.   It all depends on how open I am with them, it can get bad for not only me but them also when they get to know me.   I still fight the urge to totally give up socially and completely ostracize myself from the world.   The only thing that can match my hatred of others is what I feel about myself when I really think about it.

That doesn't mean I am going to give up on meeting new people both online and in real life.   You shouldn't either, you may miss out on something worthwhile.   It will be difficult to maintain friendships for some, and impossible for those who never really try.

I wasn't mocking McStuff, just joking with him and I think he would undertand.   Especially with the nature of his comment.

It would be nice to see when spirituality somehow connects with science.   The paranormal remains so because it can't be explained and same goes for spirituality.   You can't get empyrical data for true spiritual concepts, which is why they can't be proven or disproven.   There are a ton of forms of spirituality out there, for all of them to be diisproved it will take quite a bit of empyrical data which will take a long ass time to collect.   I highly doubt we will see it this lifetime.   If science advances that quickly I would be impressed and also excited to a degree.

I really hate lying and it is hard to justify.   I would only see lying as something to get me out of trouble with an authority figure like the police.   Otherwise it shouldn't be necessary.   I have to force myself to lie, but I have gotten better at it.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #626 on: July 25, 2007, 11:38:44 PM »
so you sometimes wish you could be reborn? i think about it every day.

i mainly use lying to escape what i feel are unfair situations.

i know you weren't mocking McStuff, i said what i did with tongue in cheek. obviously stupid move to be so vague. :P

i don't like hating others, that would only poison my own heart. what i hate is feeling like a failure. i'm not going to be a hermit forever, not when things change.

the thing about spirituality is that it doesn't need to be proven. it's personal and individual and there's no wrong or right way to be spiritual. what irks me is when people try to disprove it by saying it's not empirical. love isn't really empirical either yet noone's saying it doesn't exist. and really, spirituality is the same as love, imo.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #627 on: July 26, 2007, 12:01:16 AM »
so you sometimes wish you could be reborn? i think about it every day.

i mainly use lying to escape what i feel are unfair situations.

i know you weren't mocking McStuff, i said what i did with tongue in cheek. obviously stupid move to be so vague. :P

i don't like hating others, that would only poison my own heart. what i hate is feeling like a failure. i'm not going to be a hermit forever, not when things change.

the thing about spirituality is that it doesn't need to be proven. it's personal and individual and there's no wrong or right way to be spiritual. what irks me is when people try to disprove it by saying it's not empirical. love isn't really empirical either yet noone's saying it doesn't exist. and really, spirituality is the same as love, imo.

I sometimes wish I could be reborn or wish I had never been born, not the same thing but it depends on how badly I feel.  It isn't quite everyday, I daydream about a fantasy utopian world probably more.   That probably is even a bigger waste of time.

I agree about spirituality not needing to be proven.    You either believe or you don't, no proof needed.   That is precisely what faith is about.   Do you have faith in your capacity to love others?

I struggle with hating others, that is one of the main reasons I hate myself.    I fight my intolerance and hatred of other people all the time.   I probably spend more energy on trying to sympathize, empathize, relate, and generally be kind and accepting of other people's problems than anything else.   It drains me to be around people that anger or bore me especially.   There are very few people I can stand to be around for extended periods of time, and I know I probably grate on some people as well.   That is the cause for a good deal of the fucked up things I say to people imo.   I know I can't be a failure forever, but I still will hate myself until I finally stop hating others as well.   Therein lies the contradiction of me treating others like I would treat myself, I don't practice it enough seemingly.

It is good that you see things changing for yourself, I hope you find what you are looking for.

It depends on whether I am helping myself or others with the lying.   I try to get myself and my friends out of trouble and that is about it.    I can avoid questions and ignore them easiier than just plain lying most of the time.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #628 on: July 26, 2007, 01:33:20 AM »
My opinion of my looks differs from what I am told by others.   If I hear that I am "cute" (which I have heard before) then I brush it aside.   I question the motives of those who compliment me sometimes.   My picture is posted on the picture thread and I received some positive comments.   That doesn't go to my head like any comment you received obviously has.    I really don't need an ego boost, I come off arrogant enough with my opinions sometimes.   People can tell me I am good looking all they want, my opinion of myself as looking average will never change.   I clean up rather well myself, but I don't go on bragging about it like you do.   That disgusts me.
I know when i am being lied to with about 80-90% certainty really, so if someone is taking me for a ride i tend to know. I also have a riduclous memory, most things tend to stick, which has its advantages and disadvantages really. As for bragging i am not really doing so if that is how it comes off, surprisingly i find it a liability in a way. can you link me to this pic of yours, that picture thread is totally full of crap.

You can find it easily enough Hadron.  Look at Alex's profile to see what date he joined and you just look from that date onwards in the thread.  Alex hasn't been here that long, so you should find it quickly enough.
Ok, i will do so if you dont keep calling me totally lazy...

If you can't be assed to do something, that's fine....I'm not the most patient person myself and often can't be fucked to wait for utube clips to load up sometimes, but I don't ask people what's in them, every single time etc. 

You just seem to always ask people to do the legwork for you.  Time will show if you are lazy.

Me being lazy is probably true, but then i am not totally lazy. What i dont get is why people just dont ignore said lazy suggestions of mine, rather than flame me for them...

Ahh, that wasn't flaming you.  It was a suggestion that you asking people to look for things for you all the time is irritating.  To me.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #629 on: July 26, 2007, 06:15:20 AM »
My opinion of my looks differs from what I am told by others.   If I hear that I am "cute" (which I have heard before) then I brush it aside.   I question the motives of those who compliment me sometimes.   My picture is posted on the picture thread and I received some positive comments.   That doesn't go to my head like any comment you received obviously has.    I really don't need an ego boost, I come off arrogant enough with my opinions sometimes.   People can tell me I am good looking all they want, my opinion of myself as looking average will never change.   I clean up rather well myself, but I don't go on bragging about it like you do.   That disgusts me.
I know when i am being lied to with about 80-90% certainty really, so if someone is taking me for a ride i tend to know. I also have a riduclous memory, most things tend to stick, which has its advantages and disadvantages really. As for bragging i am not really doing so if that is how it comes off, surprisingly i find it a liability in a way. can you link me to this pic of yours, that picture thread is totally full of crap.

You can find it easily enough Hadron.  Look at Alex's profile to see what date he joined and you just look from that date onwards in the thread.  Alex hasn't been here that long, so you should find it quickly enough.
Ok, i will do so if you dont keep calling me totally lazy...

If you can't be assed to do something, that's fine....I'm not the most patient person myself and often can't be fucked to wait for utube clips to load up sometimes, but I don't ask people what's in them, every single time etc. 

You just seem to always ask people to do the legwork for you.  Time will show if you are lazy.

Me being lazy is probably true, but then i am not totally lazy. What i dont get is why people just dont ignore said lazy suggestions of mine, rather than flame me for them...

Ahh, that wasn't flaming you.  It was a suggestion that you asking people to look for things for you all the time is irritating.  To me.
So what is your flaming like then? Seriously why dont you just skip over it, i only tend to ask for things that are alot easier for others to do as opposed to myself.