Author Topic: should you ask me something?  (Read 28555 times)

The_P

Re: should you ask me something?
« Reply #585 on: July 25, 2007, 02:02:14 PM »
Yeah not knowing who you are really isn't a reason to meet people imo.   Especially when you complain about being lonely.   Do you really think spending more time by yourself will make you find out who you really are?   How can you complain about being lonely when you are unwilling to meet people?   I find my real life friends to be very valuable, even though they are a hassle sometimes.   Is it just enough for you to know people online?   You could be missing out.

Are you unwilling to meet new people out of laziness or are you afraid of them hurting you?   Making yourself invulnerable is definitely not easy to do, I can attest to that as I normally end up getting shit on whenever I do eventually.  It is hard to put yourself out there like that.

lol @ Mc(insert random name here)   I am sure you have confirmed her identity now.   She is now ready to meet people irl.

A bit harsh, but I agree with what Alex is saying.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #586 on: July 25, 2007, 02:07:38 PM »
it's not just identity confusion, it's that i have this self-loathing and it makes it worse when i meet people and fuck things up with them.

I can relate.   I often in real life have problems filtering out my brutal honesty, this catches people off guard obviously.   Most can't handle it or my intolerance for opinions based on pure ignorance.   This drives people away.   I then get depressed about me acting that way, and the cycle continues.   I have been getting better at being "nice" especially online.   
You can largely get away with it if you make yourself exceptionally good looking. Sad but true.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #587 on: July 25, 2007, 02:08:35 PM »
it's not just identity confusion, it's that i have this self-loathing and it makes it worse when i meet people and fuck things up with them.
i just want you to know that i really like you alot.  i appreciate who you are.  :)

She is really good at making people like her here, but she has problems with driving people away in real life.   Can she translate her likeability on this site towards real life?    I doubt many here dislike you Milla, you have yet to drive any of us away it seems.

I wasn't meaning to be harsh Pea, just to get her to think about why she is so apprehensive about meeting people.   I know I need to think about things that I struggle with.   I know I can end friendships quite easily and never speak to someone ever again, I am excellent at burning bridges.
:P   Internets are super serious.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #588 on: July 25, 2007, 02:11:44 PM »
i just want you to know that i really like you alot.  i appreciate who you are.  :)

She is really good at making people like her here, but she has problems with driving people away in real life.   Can she translate her likeability on this site towards real life?    I doubt many here dislike you Milla, you have yet to drive any of us away it seems.

I wasn't meaning to be harsh Pea, just to get her to think about why she is so apprehensive about meeting people.   I know I need to think about things that I struggle with.   I know I can end friendships quite easily and never speak to someone ever again, I am excellent at burning bridges.
There are ways of cheating in real life though. Surprisingly being slightly arrogant can help a little, as long as you dont convey it too much.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #589 on: July 25, 2007, 02:51:42 PM »
You can largely get away with it if you make yourself exceptionally good looking. Sad but true.

With those who are inclined to be attracted to you maybe.   I tend to burn bridges regardless.   

I wouldn't know about getting away with it being based on my looks as I look just average imo.   My brother sure gets away with being an intolerable asshole though.   Women sure seem to love assholes, see them as a project or something.   I agree being arrogant can help some people to an extent, maybe with those who don't despise arrogance from those who take themselves seriously.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #590 on: July 25, 2007, 03:01:51 PM »

With those who are inclined to be attracted to you maybe.   I tend to burn bridges regardless.   

I wouldn't know about getting away with it being based on my looks as I look just average imo.   My brother sure gets away with being an intolerable asshole though.   Women sure seem to love assholes, see them as a project or something.   I agree being arrogant can help some people to an extent, maybe with those who don't despise arrogance from those who take themselves seriously.
Put it like this, i put off a completely different impression in person than i do on this forum. People tend to see me as cute for instance, as well as very good looking when i can be bothered to make the effort (surprising i care little for looks, but on the rare occasion i did people couldnt stop looking at me  :) ). I do burn bridges, but i also build them with people. I suppose i am fortuante to have a certain charisma unusual for an aspie, even if socially i am a total twit. I suppose having a slightly wild personality can help.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #591 on: July 25, 2007, 03:06:45 PM »
My opinion of my looks differs from what I am told by others.   If I hear that I am "cute" (which I have heard before) then I brush it aside.   I question the motives of those who compliment me sometimes.   My picture is posted on the picture thread and I received some positive comments.   That doesn't go to my head like any comment you received obviously has.    I really don't need an ego boost, I come off arrogant enough with my opinions sometimes.   People can tell me I am good looking all they want, my opinion of myself as looking average will never change.   I clean up rather well myself, but I don't go on bragging about it like you do.   That disgusts me.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #592 on: July 25, 2007, 03:18:14 PM »
My opinion of my looks differs from what I am told by others.   If I hear that I am "cute" (which I have heard before) then I brush it aside.   I question the motives of those who compliment me sometimes.   My picture is posted on the picture thread and I received some positive comments.   That doesn't go to my head like any comment you received obviously has.    I really don't need an ego boost, I come off arrogant enough with my opinions sometimes.   People can tell me I am good looking all they want, my opinion of myself as looking average will never change.   I clean up rather well myself, but I don't go on bragging about it like you do.   That disgusts me.
I know when i am being lied to with about 80-90% certainty really, so if someone is taking me for a ride i tend to know. I also have a riduclous memory, most things tend to stick, which has its advantages and disadvantages really. As for bragging i am not really doing so if that is how it comes off, surprisingly i find it a liability in a way. can you link me to this pic of yours, that picture thread is totally full of crap.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #593 on: July 25, 2007, 03:21:40 PM »
I know when i am being lied to with about 80-90% certainty really, so if someone is taking me for a ride i tend to know. I also have a riduclous memory, most things tend to stick, which has its advantages and disadvantages really. As for bragging i am not really doing so if that is how it comes off, surprisingly i find it a liability in a way. can you link me to this pic of yours, that picture thread is totally full of crap.

You can find it easily enough Hadron.  Look at Alex's profile to see what date he joined and you just look from that date onwards in the thread.  Alex hasn't been here that long, so you should find it quickly enough.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #594 on: July 25, 2007, 03:25:23 PM »

You can find it easily enough Hadron.  Look at Alex's profile to see what date he joined and you just look from that date onwards in the thread.  Alex hasn't been here that long, so you should find it quickly enough.
Ok, i will do so if you dont keep calling me totally lazy...

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #595 on: July 25, 2007, 03:30:49 PM »

If you can't be assed to do something, that's fine....I'm not the most patient person myself and often can't be fucked to wait for utube clips to load up sometimes, but I don't ask people what's in them, every single time etc. 

You just seem to always ask people to do the legwork for you.  Time will show if you are lazy.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #596 on: July 25, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »

If you can't be assed to do something, that's fine....I'm not the most patient person myself and often can't be fucked to wait for utube clips to load up sometimes, but I don't ask people what's in them, every single time etc. 

You just seem to always ask people to do the legwork for you.  Time will show if you are lazy.

Me being lazy is probably true, but then i am not totally lazy. What i dont get is why people just dont ignore said lazy suggestions of mine, rather than flame me for them...

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #597 on: July 25, 2007, 04:25:17 PM »

thanks, Jagger. i like you too. :)

Yeah not knowing who you are really isn't a reason to meet people imo.   Especially when you complain about being lonely.   Do you really think spending more time by yourself will make you find out who you really are?   How can you complain about being lonely when you are unwilling to meet people?   I find my real life friends to be very valuable, even though they are a hassle sometimes.   Is it just enough for you to know people online?   You could be missing out.

Are you unwilling to meet new people out of laziness or are you afraid of them hurting you?   Making yourself vulnerable is definitely not easy to do, I can attest to that as I normally end up getting shit on whenever I do eventually.  It is hard to put yourself out there like that.

lol @ Mc(insert random name here)   I am sure you have confirmed her identity now.   She is now ready to meet people irl.

hey don't mock McStuff, Alex. it helps when people actually tell you what they think of you. good or bad. i've been dumped so many times without any explanation and it leaves me to imagine the worst. but i can understand why people do it. i'm too weird for them. i've made myself vulnerable and i've gotten hurt and i'm tired of it, so i want to fix my problems before i involve people in my mess. i fee guilty when i meet people in real life, like they don't deserve me, they don't deserve to know such a dork like me. i can't do anything for the people who do know me, but i don't want to make a bigger mess. it's not laziness, it's my choice. and i was joking when i said i was lonely. i am lonely in a way but i don't complain about it much.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #598 on: July 25, 2007, 04:26:23 PM »
You are going to keep loathing yourself if you dont go out and do something about it. What is there about you to loathe?

i'm too honest with people and then they think i'm a freak. the aspie curse.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #599 on: July 25, 2007, 04:27:41 PM »
You are going to keep loathing yourself if you dont go out and do something about it. What is there about you to loathe?

i'm too honest with people and then they think i'm a freak. the aspie curse.
Hmm, did you know that being an aspie can be an advantage when lying. Not what you would expect really. The only problem is that you have to get over the moral barrier.