Author Topic: Post something shameful that happened to you  (Read 1322 times)

Blasted

Post something shameful that happened to you
« on: June 30, 2009, 05:27:14 AM »
I could probably fill at least 4 pages of this thread single-handedly but for starters: yesterday I borrowed my youngest sister's mobile because I forgot to charge mine.  I was under the impression that it was on silent however in the middle of the show it turned out that it wasn't.  Now, not only was I the twat in the audience with the turned on phone, I was also the dumb fuck with Greenday's American Idiot as their ringtone  ::)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:29:48 AM by Sergeant Major Bint »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post something shameful that happened to you
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 06:43:26 AM »
I could probably fill at least 4 pages of this thread single-handedly but for starters: yesterday I borrowed my youngest sister's mobile because I forgot to charge mine.  I was under the impression that it was on silent however in the middle of the show it turned out that it wasn't.  Now, not only was I the twat in the audience with the turned on phone, I was also the dumb fuck with Greenday's American Idiot as their ringtone  ::)

I hate that song. It "sounds" juvenile.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Blasted

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »
Am I the only one here to whom shameful shit happens to?   :-\  Nevertheless I have plenty more examples  :zoinks:

When I worked in Soho Theatre, I whacked Alan Rickman in the face with a door.  When I worked in a Saturday school, I once locked myself out of the building and had to bang and shout till someone finally let me in.  I also got myself stuck in toilets a couple of times too.  This may be somewhat disgusting - when I was out with Jo, I got my period and ruined my knickers so I chucked them away and went commando.  Jo had to check every couple of minutes that the wind didn't blow my skirt up and show my arse to the whole world  :green:

I could go on!   :facepalm2:

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 05:59:57 PM »
Am I the only one here to whom shameful shit happens to?   :-\ 

You're, what, 20 or almost 20? And you could fill four pages? I'm over 50, you do the math. Even if I gave you an edited highlights package, we'd be here a long time. The point is, we all stuff up. At worst, we hurt ourselves and/or others. At best, we learn from the errors we've made and try to do better in the future.

What's interesting to me, having come to my diagnosis late in life, is to look back at some of my more spectacular gaffes and realise how my AS was a contributing factor. Not excusing anything I did, you understand, but simply explaining it. That is some comfort, in and of itself.

Blasted

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 06:06:10 PM »
Am I the only one here to whom shameful shit happens to?   :-\

You're, what, 20 or almost 20? And you could fill four pages? I'm over 50, you do the math. Even if I gave you an edited highlights package, we'd be here a long time. The point is, we all stuff up. At worst, we hurt ourselves and/or others. At best, we learn from the errors we've made and try to do better in the future.

What's interesting to me, having come to my diagnosis late in life, is to look back at some of my more spectacular gaffes and realise how my AS was a contributing factor. Not excusing anything I did, you understand, but simply explaining it. That is some comfort, in and of itself.

I'm 19 and four pages would probably be the threshhold really  :laugh:

Am naturally spazzy it seems.  As for this thread, I meant it in a "let's have a laugh about all the silly stuff we did" way  :P

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 06:10:41 PM »
Once, somebody dared me to go into the men's bathroom and when I did they held the door shut so I couldn't get out.  I decided to go and flush the toilet and they thought that I had used it, so they laughed their heads off and let me out.

Blasted

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 06:19:13 PM »
I got dared to go to guy's toilet a few times myself but I think I was too chicken to do it  :laugh:  Which is strange cause now I have no qualms over going to the male toilet if I can't be arsed to wait in the queue for the ladies.  Albeit I was drunk on those occasions.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 06:19:32 PM »
Shameful things happen to me whenever I leave the house  :facepalm:

Usually in front of girls I like   :thumbdn:

None of mine are funny or interesting though. I struggle to think of any worth posting about lol

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 06:35:33 PM »
Spazzy shit I have done...  Where to start? :) Well, there was the time my husband and I were talking about midlife crises. We were walking past a billboard advertising motorcycles. He said, "If I ever get a motorbike, it won't be a Ducati. They're just too fast." I said, "You know, maybe I will go out and have that tattoo done that I've been thinking about getting." He said, "Oh really? So where ya gonna have it done? :eyebrows: " and I said, "At a tatt shop, silly, where do you think?... Oh. :duh: "

:asthing:

P7PSP

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 07:06:47 PM »
I've done plenty of boneheaded stuff but I don't tend to advertise it unless there is a sprcific reason to do so.

Blasted

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 07:09:30 PM »
I've done plenty of boneheaded stuff but I don't tend to advertise it unless there is a sprcific reason to do so.

Humour is a good one imo  8)

P7PSP

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 07:30:10 PM »
Okay, fine. When I was about 10 my brothers and I were staying the night in an dettached garage turned bedroom with our cousins. Sometime during the night I went outside and pissed on a bush by the garage. I thought no more of it until my older cousin Erin complained that someone had apparently pissed on his shoes during the night. He was a cool cousin though because he didn't kick my ass for pissing on his sneakers.

Blasted

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 07:33:28 PM »
What the hell was he doing sleeping in the bush?  :lol:

P7PSP

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 07:34:55 PM »
 :lol: Actually he had left his sneakers outside the door for some reason.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 08:34:06 PM »
A long time ago when I worked for a big company I came back late on a Saturday everyone was gone. I miss judged the distance to the loading dock and hit it so hard with the truck it set off the bugler alarms and dented in the back doors.  I tried to make a quick getaway but as I was loading my tools into my car the owner showed up and began asking questions I just told him it was going off when I got there. We then walked around to see what set it off ::) Then he told me good work for staying so late on the weekend :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw