Author Topic: Rage's cat thread.  (Read 21880 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Rage's cat thread.
« Reply #510 on: September 19, 2018, 12:02:02 AM »
Hi Bastet! (DFG)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #511 on: September 19, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #512 on: September 19, 2018, 04:26:37 PM »
OMG DUCKY IS BACK!! :GA:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #513 on: September 19, 2018, 06:41:49 PM »
Took Liam to the vet yesterday for his "geriatric" check-up. He's 12.

They took blood from him but couldn't get urine. So I got it last night. He pees like a tom so it wasn't that hard. I just had to encourage him out of the litter tray (it's covered) while he was peeing and put a bowl the vet gave me behind him. Unfortunately it meant he peed all over the side of the washing machine and the tiled floor.

I got a good amount though, and poured it into a sample container. Will drop it off at the vet today.

The vet tested Liam's blood sugar while we were there and he doesn't have diabetes, thankfully.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #514 on: September 20, 2018, 10:01:11 PM »
Does anyone here have cats that purposely try to destroy your stuff if they don't get their way? Both Liam and Kira start getting into my stuff in my room if they want attention or feeding.

Mum once shut her cat out of her bedroom on purpose and he got her back by jumping on the side table in the hallway and knocking a few ornaments to the floor where they smashed. Mum was not happy.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #515 on: September 21, 2018, 11:48:54 AM »
Not destroy, but mine steals things (and hides them) I had in my hands when she expects attention. She will sometimes come back and hide my remote. I have watched her so this.

She also will not allow me to read a book or a magazine. She climbs up and claws it out of my hands. Now of course, I could defeat her attempts, but I think it is cute.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 05:21:34 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #516 on: September 21, 2018, 09:51:34 PM »
Ah, I know what that's like. Kira doesn't like me to be on the Kindle or phone sometimes. He will try to smooch it out of my hands or otherwise make his presence known so much that it's hard to concentrate on reading or typing.

In other news, all of Liam's test results came back and he is declared a healthy cat.

When we were with the vet, she noticed that his patches are not black, but brown. I had always thought he was a white and black cat but when comparing Liam to Kira, Liam is indeed white and brown. The vet said it's kind of rare to see that and that there's probably some Burmese in him somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:57:57 PM by renaeden »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #517 on: April 30, 2019, 04:37:16 PM »
 :zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #518 on: April 30, 2019, 07:05:42 PM »

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #519 on: June 06, 2019, 06:23:28 PM »
Not destroy, but mine steals things (and hides them) I had in my hands when she expects attention. She will sometimes come back and hide my remote. I have watched her so this.

She also will not allow me to read a book or a magazine. She climbs up and claws it out of my hands. Now of course, I could defeat her attempts, but I think it is cute.

My cats steal and hide things too. Farkus likes to open the medicine cabinet doer and knock everything on the floor like a fur covered toddler.

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #520 on: June 06, 2019, 07:05:49 PM »

My cats steal and hide things too. Farkus likes to open the medicine cabinet doer and knock everything on the floor like a fur covered toddler.

My baby is getting old these days. I worry about her. She has lost weight. She is still active and very aggressive when it is time for her to have attention from me. I am her person; I am the one human with which she identifies closely.

She is fifteen years old. I got her when she was five weeks old. She has been a tremendously faithful friend through out her whole life and still holds to that. She is the most loving cat I have ever had. I have had many cats! She rates as top One!

Interesting thing ... she never wanted anything to eat but nice (expensive) fish food for most of her life. We kept dried fish style cat food out for her constantly, upon which she nibbled and I fed her fancy canned fishy food twice per day. I have never given her any water except for the same RO purified water that we all drink.

She was about twelve years of age when we rescued a dog from the Humane Society. It was her first experience with a co-habitant. She became curious as to how and why the dog got to eat "people food"  left overs from our plates after meals.

She actually bullied the dog away from his food bowl one day to "try"  these leftovers. That was three years ago. Now she eats beef, fish, pork, chicken or anything that we eat, containing protein.
I have discovered that she goes nuts for popcorn. We started a Marvel marathon the other day and sat down with popcorn. She DEMANDED that I share with her.
It was so damn cute. I could barely believe what I was seeing. I had one piece of popcorn in my hand.
Obviously, I was not going to just throw a piece of popcorn onto our new carpet so I allowed her to smell it, fully expecting her to turn away. BUT, she sat up on her haunches to grab it with her paws. Freaking gobbled it down and sat up again reaching out with her paws toward me for more popcorn.

This has now become a "Thing."  If she really wants what I am eating, she sits up on her back legs and reaches for my leg and "knocks,"  kitty style.

It is just too damn cute for words.

Yesterday, I was eating some fresh salsa I made with garden things and some store bought when I dropped a chip onto the floor and she attacked it like a predator on the hunt. Not a second later I hear crunching. She ATE IT! A fucking corn chip! Then came back for more.

As the doctors might say, this could represent a serious problem with her diet, but she still eats all her regular food. I do not see this becoming a constant thing, just a really cute anomaly.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #521 on: June 06, 2019, 07:20:29 PM »
You win.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #522 on: June 08, 2019, 08:48:54 AM »

There is no win.

It is your turn to share a really cute story, please.
 :LOL:

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #523 on: June 09, 2019, 11:20:42 AM »
I was joking. My cat Link dislikes strangers and he lets out a low growl when he hears footsteps coming to the front door.  It is so cute. He looks especially irritable retreating under the couch.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #524 on: June 15, 2019, 11:16:12 AM »

Love that. My current kitty is very afraid of strangers. Runs and hides, than spends the rest of the day all snuggly and purry, hardly leaves my side.

We used to have a very cute "watchcat" but he is long gone. He was de-clawed when we got him, but he would stand up to strangers and claw at them with no claws. He still managed to hunt well with no front claws. Once he caught and ate a rabbit almost as big as he was and was stuck under our porch, too big in the belly to get back out the same hole he followed the rabbit into.
I had to dig the hole out for him once I finally figured out where he was and then discovered the rest of the tale.