Educational

Author Topic: Mr. Almighty-free-speech-Moomintroll...  (Read 14781 times)

TheoK

Re: Mr. Almighty-free-speech-Moomintroll...
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2009, 03:52:23 PM »
That's Mårran. She's B R A V E! :P

In Poland she was called Buka  :laugh:

i always thought it was a he, in finnish there's no gender pronouns.

Mårran is always a she in Sweden.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2009, 03:52:33 PM »
oh please Cal didn't fuck anything up :P

Well, that is debatable.

Making a peaceful place into something all about your own party is a little disturbing to those who care NOT for your party.

you don't know Cal. and you don't know his parties.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2009, 04:04:21 PM »

Well, that is debatable.

Making a peaceful place into something all about your own party is a little disturbing to those who care NOT for your party.

How the fuck can you say that?

I knew him well before you did.  Arguing a lot does not mean we don't know each other or care about each other, dummy!

The reason I have stayed away from him is out of respect and that he asked me to, out of pain. But go ask if him if hates me. Yes, there are rough aspects to our relationship and he knows I love him, but you don't know near as much as you think you do, kiddo.
I have kept a copy of all our corespondence, but I will only say that you don't know.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2009, 04:33:03 PM »
Fucking moomins, with their lack of arseholes and generally tasting like mashmallows.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 12:39:53 AM »
Selective memory much, Pyraxis? We're pretty much in the same situation as we were right in the beginning. Only the admins could fuck with the word filters and the admins were not elected. There was talk of a World Council but it never worked out. Later on, we tried again but Cal fucked it all up.

As for the word filters in effect right now: it was suggested to me and I complied. It's not possible to do them on a per account basis so everyone gets to enjoy them.

As far as pranks go, this one is pretty harmless, IMO. It's a fucking message board.

Huh? Aren't we pretty much agreeing here, that it's a harmless prank and a fucking message board?

Ah, sorry. I think I misread you. I thought you didn't agree with my little prank. :asthing:

I was thinking of the period where pranks were common and admins were getting switched out all the time. I think it was by vote, but I don't remember the exact system. We're not doing that any more as far as I know - it's been Parts, Callaway and Renaeden for ages. And there would have to be a pretty big stir to get voting started again, since a few people have suggested it since then and the suggestion hasn't taken. Lit likely couldn't get a similar prank made on his behalf any more than he could get the stars he wanted in the news box. It's a popularity thing.

No, in this case it's not. The newsbox is not about him per se, hence no stars. It's not about popularity, Pyraxis,

But re elections and such: I think the kind of democracy we tried is too big of a pain to me as a webmonkey. I simply want this place to have good, knowledgeable admins that serve the interests of the members, and as transparently as possible. They shouldn't really be the source of the drama if you get my meaning.

Obviously this latest word filter thing tells a slightly different story, but I take all the responsibility for that one, and essentially I'm not going to allow a situation where admins create more drama than the members. Several admins in the past went as far as taking this site down and others made it their mission in life to create as much fuss as possible, and I don't want to go there again.

Life's just too short.

I didn't say anything about whether we were in the same situation as the beginning. I said a long time ago everybody and their brother used to do word filter pranks.

My mistake. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2009, 12:40:18 AM »
I couldn't? Have you forgotten that I once was one of the admins here - elected!

Remember why you got thrown out?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2009, 12:41:41 AM »
I had Scrap and zer0 and shima.  8)

And me, I think. We were on cordial terms, at least.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2009, 12:43:26 AM »

Well, that is debatable.

You must have been elsewhere, then, when Cal tried to remake this board into a board about running a board, then.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2009, 01:01:29 AM »
Cal was :arrr:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2009, 01:28:32 AM »
/shrugs

He was a pain in the arse. It's a shame cos he was (and is) also intelligent.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2009, 01:31:14 AM »
Why do you think that most intelligent people here turn against you?

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2009, 02:34:11 AM »

Because those people are full of shit perhaps?

I think it goes without saying that Odeon wants this place to have at least enough stability to keep existing as a place to be free.

The only freedom that this place does not exercise is the freedom to destroy itself and I for one are glad of that. It seem people like you don't seem to give a shit about that and to that I say fuck you and fuck off.

And if you really want to know, it was me who asked Odeon to add the word filter as a bit of a light hearted gag. but it seems you don't have the balls to take it as a man or for what it was, something you could laught at yourself over for being so predictable.

Grow a set man, cos at the moment you are a fucking joke and no where near as tough as you make out to be you fucking retard.

TheoK

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2009, 02:40:14 AM »
 :yawn:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2009, 06:22:16 AM »

:popcorn:

Tell me.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2009, 06:24:20 AM »
Because you're a tyrant! :arrr: