Author Topic: Mr. Almighty-free-speech-Moomintroll...  (Read 14731 times)

Blasted

Re: Mr. Almighty-free-speech-Moomintroll...
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 09:53:19 AM »

That's you Lit  :zoinks:

TheoK

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 09:54:46 AM »
 :agreed:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 12:46:17 PM »
::) at everybody.

Yeah, a long time ago, everybody and their brother used to do word filter pranks here. Yeah, technically, it's wrong for Odeon to do it now because he and the admins are the only ones who can. But surely there are more important things in the world to get drama over than the stupid childish spats between Odeon and Lit.

Selective memory much, Pyraxis? We're pretty much in the same situation as we were right in the beginning. Only the admins could fuck with the word filters and the admins were not elected. There was talk of a World Council but it never worked out. Later on, we tried again but Cal fucked it all up.

As for the word filters in effect right now: it was suggested to me and I complied. It's not possible to do them on a per account basis so everyone gets to enjoy them.

As far as pranks go, this one is pretty harmless, IMO. It's a fucking message board.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 12:49:58 PM »
It's the virtual Moomin house. :smarty:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 12:52:05 PM »
Yet you can't be without it. :smarty:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 12:53:35 PM »
Not fair against worse-than-defenseless Mr. Litigious.  :(

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 01:05:19 PM »
oh please Cal didn't fuck anything up :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Blasted

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 01:08:41 PM »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 01:10:03 PM »
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Blasted

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 01:12:28 PM »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 01:15:14 PM »
me too
but he has some magical quality... prolly a symbol for aspieism
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

TheoK

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »
That's Mårran. She's B R A V E! :P

Blasted

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 01:24:01 PM »
That's Mårran. She's B R A V E! :P

In Poland she was called Buka  :laugh:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 01:59:30 PM »
Selective memory much, Pyraxis? We're pretty much in the same situation as we were right in the beginning. Only the admins could fuck with the word filters and the admins were not elected. There was talk of a World Council but it never worked out. Later on, we tried again but Cal fucked it all up.

As for the word filters in effect right now: it was suggested to me and I complied. It's not possible to do them on a per account basis so everyone gets to enjoy them.

As far as pranks go, this one is pretty harmless, IMO. It's a fucking message board.

Huh? Aren't we pretty much agreeing here, that it's a harmless prank and a fucking message board?

I was thinking of the period where pranks were common and admins were getting switched out all the time. I think it was by vote, but I don't remember the exact system. We're not doing that any more as far as I know - it's been Parts, Callaway and Renaeden for ages. And there would have to be a pretty big stir to get voting started again, since a few people have suggested it since then and the suggestion hasn't taken. Lit likely couldn't get a similar prank made on his behalf any more than he could get the stars he wanted in the news box. It's a popularity thing.

I didn't say anything about whether we were in the same situation as the beginning. I said a long time ago everybody and their brother used to do word filter pranks.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

TheoK

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 02:01:30 PM »
I couldn't? Have you forgotten that I once was one of the admins here - elected!