Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 45321 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2006, 01:57:31 AM »
 :laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2006, 06:08:52 AM »
 :P
Misunderstood.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2006, 12:35:19 PM »
actually, i ate rather marvellously today.  grazed on apple and carrots this morning, and then had really delicious bread with a small bit of cheese and olives, tomatoes, mild red chilli, green pepper, cucumber, lemon and red onion, with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  had some bran type cereal gizmo with apple for pudding.

then, for dinner, i had lentil dhal with rice, and spicy spinach, mushroom and courgette thingy, with yoghurt.  banana and nectarine for pudding.

fucking gorgeous, and all organic.  may i indulge in just a smidgen of smugness?   :angel:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2006, 12:48:09 PM »
Bread, cheese, lentils, youghurt, bran....  Sounds like a digestive nightmare to me. 
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2006, 01:35:18 PM »
possibly.  but then it was well spaced out time-wise, and i don't hold with all this nonsense about "oh, we weren't designed to eat grains and milk together, yada, yada".  are they seriously trying to tell me the human digestive system hasn't evolved somewhat, over the past 25,000 years, or whatever it is?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2006, 02:10:33 PM »
possibly.  but then it was well spaced out time-wise, and i don't hold with all this nonsense about "oh, we weren't designed to eat grains and milk together, yada, yada".  are they seriously trying to tell me the human digestive system hasn't evolved somewhat, over the past 25,000 years, or whatever it is?

10-15,000 years, and yes, the human digestive system has indeed progressed somewhat, however the genes responsible for those adaptations are only partially distributed, with a higher percentage of individuals having them in areas that have seen those foods being eaten for the longest periods (about 15,000 years in mesopetamia, I think), and little penetration (to use the expression) in populations which have historically lacked exposure to those foods (about 0 years for certain modern tribal populations).  Probably the best example of this is alcohol; due to historic differences between European and Asian methods for sterilising water (europeans fermented stuff, asians boiled it), a high proportion of the Asian population still can't metabolise alcohol efficiently, whereas that ability is nearly universal in the European population.

So, it's a highly individual area.  Some people do fine on these new foods, but others lack adaptations to them.  One person's hearty breakfast is another person's heart burn.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2006, 03:01:23 PM »
good point.

i'm reading "the optimum nutrition bible", by patrick holford, which is rather good, cos the info is distilled from scientific papers, rather than channelling entities from the pleiades, or some such hippy nonsense.  verrrrrrrrrry interesting, especially as he suggests "it would be best to..." rather than "everyone has to live on wheatgrass juice and raw juniper bark for ever, starting right now".

i like a man with pragmatism.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2006, 08:07:43 PM »
Chicken nuggets, some pizza...I think I'll have another "evil" nestle ice cream bar soon.  :laugh: Hey, it was already paid for...

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2006, 08:11:30 PM »
I wish somebody would post a female name in here.  I would, but i'd be lying.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2006, 03:00:34 AM »
Hyacinth.

there you go, nomaken - just for you.   ;D

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2006, 11:43:34 AM »
Buffalo chicken salad.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

duncvis

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2006, 12:28:31 PM »
couple of biscuits, packet of Quavers, Twix, peanut butter and cheese slice butties

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2006, 12:38:10 PM »

For breakfast I had chineese cabbage, raddishes, corn, califlower, and mesclin salad and had more of those yellow eyed peas.  Variety is the spice of life.  I also had herb concotion from cuppboard.  Garlic, parsley, sage, cinnamon, oregano, black pepper, red pepper, ginger, thyme, corrander, and clove.  2 cups of green tea superantioxidant too.

For lunch I had raw collard greens, chinese cabbage, peppers, cellery and tomatoes make a nice topping.  I had some quinoa and some yellow eyed peas on the side.  I had a nice banana for a snack. I had a glass of green tea superantioxidant too.  I also had one glass of my tea binge that I am going to have in a little while.  4 cups of detox tea, 4 cups green tea kombucha, 4 cups ginko iq tea.  Party on!  I might have enough to buy ginseng tea later.  Its called green tea energy.

When thou gets his lazy up and cooks meat he can have it.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2006, 12:40:59 PM »
No wonder you're so skinny.  Get some dead animal in you!

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2006, 01:32:53 PM »
I want to make some corned beef and cabbage tonight.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law