Author Topic: Swine flu  (Read 2835 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Swine flu
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2009, 03:10:16 AM »
ShitDamn, this scare even caused handshaking at graduation ceremonies to be forbidden.

Horray!  I wonder what other disgusting customs we can dispose of.  Even without swine flu, I don't like shaking hands with people who might not have washed properly after taking a shit.

yeah i hate being forced to shake hands, that's just disgusting. you never know what people have done with their hands, some people have no sense of hygiene.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

TheoK

« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2009, 03:19:14 AM »
MillaHygilla. :toporly:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2009, 03:38:59 AM »
littypoo
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2009, 11:39:37 PM »
At all of the hospitals I work at they've downgraded the safety measures for prevention of contagiation or however you put it. They had gone to special measures before but the attitude among everyone now is basically that it's mostly hype. On the other hand, it did reach pandemic status which last happened like 40 years ago. The whole thing would be easier to take seriously if they weren't shooting all of these possible pandemics at us every yearr.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2009, 12:18:50 AM »
I think that I read that there have been 30000 cases so far.

I hope that it does not become a lot worse, especially in the next flu season.

I know that United Airlines stopped giving out blankets and pillows except for business class passengers because they said they don't always clean them between uses and they didn't want to risk spreading the flu.  I think it's probably a BS reason and their real goal is just to save money and this gave them a convenient excuse, though.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2009, 12:35:10 AM »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2009, 05:23:38 AM »
They have some schools around here closed.  Since it's rather weak they are using it to track and improve their resources to one that my be serious
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Blasted

« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2009, 10:03:25 AM »

I know that United Airlines stopped giving out blankets and pillows except for business class passengers because they said they don't always clean them between uses and they didn't want to risk spreading the flu.  I think it's probably a BS reason and their real goal is just to save money and this gave them a convenient excuse, though.

:aff:

I am never flying to America again

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2009, 10:16:09 AM »

I guess that means i'd have to go to london then huh? :duh:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Blasted

« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2009, 10:22:03 AM »

Yup  :zoinks:  It's nice and cool now  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2009, 10:23:09 AM »
First swine flu death in Scotland.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090614/tuk-swine-flu-patient-dies-in-scotland-6323e80.html

It's easy to see how it got here, but how did it jump the pond.

:lol:

NO MORE FUCKING JETS ALLOWED TO LAND!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Blasted

« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2009, 10:27:18 AM »
Good thing I'm not going Glastonbury.  I would have been afraid to breathe.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »

Yup  :zoinks:  It's nice and cool now  8)

:-\ Not here. Auuughhhh!
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2009, 10:44:33 AM »

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090614/tuk-swine-flu-patient-dies-in-scotland-6323e80.html

Here's an interactive map showing the day-by-day increase in confirmed cases and deaths for each country:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8083179.stm

The UK ranks 6th for number of confirmed cases, and ranks 1st out of the European countries.  The woman who died lived about 3km from here and died in one of the local hospitals.

The first person in Europe to die after being diagnosed with swine flu has been named as 38-year-old Jacqueline Fleming from Glasgow.

Ms Fleming died on Sunday at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley. She had been suffering from underlying health problems and had recently given birth.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2009, 11:06:43 AM »

Here's an interactive map showing the day-by-day increase in confirmed cases and deaths for each country:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8083179.stm

The UK ranks 6th for number of confirmed cases, and ranks 1st out of the European countries.  The woman who died lived about 3km from here and died in one of the local hospitals.

The first person in Europe to die after being diagnosed with swine flu has been named as 38-year-old Jacqueline Fleming from Glasgow.

Ms Fleming died on Sunday at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley. She had been suffering from underlying health problems and had recently given birth.

That's what you guys get for trying to fraternise with those from the Americas.  When will you learn?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.