Educational

Author Topic: OK I'll follow the trend... Question me if you want. I may answer.  (Read 11874 times)

Offline JustGiveIn

• Part of the Chaos
Re: OK I'll follow the trend... Question me if you want. I may answer.
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 05:34:07 PM »
do you live in southwest holland?  how long would it take me to learn your language, I hear german is tough, I hear you guys grow alot of turnips over there, like its a nation obsession or something, why is everyone named jan jansen?  and whats the deal with that raw fish you eat over there, snapper is nasssty

where exactly is holland on that map? is that like on the other side of italy or sometthiong?

TheoK

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 05:38:07 PM »
where exactly is holland on that map? is that like on the other side of italy or sometthiong?

:eyebrow:

Offline JustGiveIn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 05:47:44 PM »
You live near Utrecht. You visited DV.  :P

Yep I looked at DV.
I am curious. And I do check on an invitation.
I won't come over though.

And no, I do not live near Utrecht. I see different locations when I stumble on things that find out where I am. So far they all placed me in the Netherlands, but not close to where I live. (Not close for Dutch ideas of distance that is, this is quite a small country. Someone from a much bigger country might consider Utrecht to be close to me)

There are Swedish counties bigger than the Netherlands.  8)

Different pages locate me from 300 km to 2 km from where I actually live too.  :scratchhead:

You said it was tiny???? so is it near sweden or something, Im sorry im not cultured like you guys! I do like some dutch artists though, picasso was da bomb

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 05:49:55 PM »
do you live in southwest holland?  how long would it take me to learn your language, I hear german is tough, I hear you guys grow alot of turnips over there, like its a nation obsession or something, why is everyone named jan jansen?  and whats the deal with that raw fish you eat over there, snapper is nasssty

Lol. You are truely from the USA aren't you?

If you were in Africa, the Netherlands would indeed be somewhere on the other side of Italy...

And Holland, well there are two, north and south. Both are part of the Netherlands, in the west. I do not live in Holland.

Turnips are so popular here, that loads of people have never eaten them, and don't even know what a turnip is.
The most common surname here is 'de Vries'. But Jan Jansen sounds better if you want to make a persiflage.
And raw fish; only the herring. And the sour version I find delicious indeed. The salted one is not of my liking.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline JustGiveIn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »

If you were in Africa, the Netherlands would indeed be somewhere on the other side of Italy...

And Holland, well there are two, north and south. Both are part of the Netherlands, in the west. I do not live in Holland.

Turnips are so popular here, that loads of people have never eaten them, and don't even know what a turnip is.
The most common surname here is 'de Vries'. But Jan Jansen sounds better if you want to make a persiflage.
And raw fish; only the herring. And the sour version I find delicious indeed. The salted one is not of my liking.

zomg, im from america but im not stupid or anything,  and what is "herring" is that the european word for fish, like how you guys change soccer to "football"

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 05:53:56 PM »
You live near Utrecht. You visited DV.  :P

Yep I looked at DV.
I am curious. And I do check on an invitation.
I won't come over though.

And no, I do not live near Utrecht. I see different locations when I stumble on things that find out where I am. So far they all placed me in the Netherlands, but not close to where I live. (Not close for Dutch ideas of distance that is, this is quite a small country. Someone from a much bigger country might consider Utrecht to be close to me)

There are Swedish counties bigger than the Netherlands.  8)

Different pages locate me from 300 km to 2 km from where I actually live too.  :scratchhead:

You said it was tiny???? so is it near sweden or something, Im sorry im not cultured like you guys! I do like some dutch artists though, picasso was da bomb

Ooops... Try Van Gogh and Rembrand when it comes to dutch artists. And Hieronimus Bosch.

The Netherlands is a small country indeed. It lies west of Germany and north of Belgium. To the north and west of the Netherlands lies the Northsea. And if you cross the Northsea to the west, you'll arive in Great Brittain.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2009, 05:58:34 PM »

zomg, im from america but im not stupid or anything,  and what is "herring" is that the european word for fish, like how you guys change soccer to "football"

Not meant to say you are stupid. But it is funny how I had to learn the states of the USA at primary school. And people from the USA don't seem to get a lot of education on the countries in Europe.

It shows you are from the USA, because it shows the (lack of) education about nations outside your country. It says nothing about you being stupid.

TheoK

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 05:58:58 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:02:22 PM by TheoK »

Offline JustGiveIn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 05:59:26 PM »
Ohhhhhhh that country!

waarom hebt je niks gezegt jonge! mijne nederlands izzz echte slechte,,,,,,,, maar ik probeert het, just for you.

lol, see all ameircans arnt so stupid :)

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 06:00:22 PM »
Ohhhhhhh that country!

waarom hebt je niks gezegt jonge! mijne nederlands izzz echte slechte,,,,,,,, maar ik probeert het, just for you.

lol, see all ameircans arnt so stupid :)
:plus:

Offline JustGiveIn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2009, 06:03:43 PM »
haartelijke bedankt jongeeee

zomg echt tofffff +!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »
Theok, thanks for the map.

Trying to boost my dutch stingy image. Handing you a plus too.  ;D
 :plus:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »
haartelijke bedankt jongeeee

zomg echt tofffff +!

Graag gedaan meissie   :P

Sorry, kon me niet inhouden.

Graag gedaan jongen.

Offline JustGiveIn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2009, 06:08:57 PM »
oops, didnt check your profile,

"haartelijke bedankt lekkerding"

lol

my grammar is terrible aswell, Im sure I sound like an 8 y/o when I speak dutch. can understand it well enough though

Offline JustGiveIn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 06:12:13 PM »
From my introduction post-

at ROCKIT! in the maarseveene plein in utrecht.
( ignore the look on my face, im not sober AT ALL :angel:)