Author Topic: The Almighty Interfaith Smackdown: Heathens Shall Be Crushed!  (Read 2720 times)

Offline NeantHumain

• Fresh Meat
You may remember with fondness such games as Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat, and Killer Instinct. In this thread, we're going to take the tournament-fighter format but put it in a contemporary, educational form. First, choose your religion. Then choose what kind of warrior you'll be (door-to-door Jehovah's Witnesses are encouraged so that I can smite them for violating my no-nuisance commandment!). Then find, adulterate, or create a picture to illustrate your character. Finally, choose a slogan such as, "For the love of the all-merciful Lord, die already!"

This format shall facilitate the intelligent debate of controversial politico-religious issues like the Israeli-Palestinian hissy fit or the U.S.-led crusade against Islamic terrorism.
Now they're calling me "the Wal-Mart of starry-eyed romantics, always rolling back standards for women," and "a most malodorous new breed of pugly American capitalist swine."

Offline NeantHumain

• Fresh Meat
Re: The Almighty Interfaith Smackdown: Heathens Shall Be Crushed!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 12:20:40 AM »
Quote from: Sir Gomerica
Sir Gomerica There are too many towelheads already!

"Let's just nuke the Middle East and get it over with. The Lord knows His own anyway."
Now they're calling me "the Wal-Mart of starry-eyed romantics, always rolling back standards for women," and "a most malodorous new breed of pugly American capitalist swine."

duncvis

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 07:35:23 AM »
But is your knight a match for His Noodly Appendage? Its Flying Spaghetti Monster time.

Offline NeantHumain

• Fresh Meat
Fucking Mind of Mencia!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 09:19:49 PM »
I just saw a commercial for an "all new" episode of the Mind of Mencia on Comedy Central while watching the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and it seems he's taken just this idea. Jesus and other religious figures are fighting in a wrestling ring. FUCKING MENCIA! He's going to lame the idea up (I don't care much for his brand of humor).

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 01:07:26 AM »
"lame the idea up"?  and this means...?

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 05:42:20 AM »
Isn't it funny how all the games that are released take the US point of view. No doubt if someone tried to release a computer game that portrayed Iraq/Hezbollah, etc as the good guys, fighting US and corporate imperialism, then it would get banned. Its such utter hypocracy in a country that is supposed to encourage free speech.

Personally, I would love to play a game where you are a Hezbollah general and you have to fight the evil Israelis and transnationals! :angel:

Go Hezbollah - kick their corporate arses.....

duncvis

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 07:57:07 AM »
Hezbollah are no more moral than the Israeli government or the transnationals, they bomb civilians as well you naive fuck.  ::)

learn some shades of grey for frig's sake... think of it like supporting the IRA for fighting against British oppression of Catholics in Ulster and you'll see what I mean. when you come out with half-baked toss like that you make left-wingers look like morons.

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 04:59:52 PM »
you naive fuck.  ::)

Yay - I can say insulting things to ::)

You smelly tosser....

And isn't naiviety meant to be an aspie trait?

Grow the fuck up, Duncvis. You are behaving like a sulky schoolboy trying to get back at someone for an incident that happened months ago. Get over it. I may have questioned your integrity and honour but if you are in a position of responsibility you have to learn to deal with criticism in a civil way. Otherwise you are just not fit for the job. I'm sorry but that is the way it is. Your wife has a hell of a lot more maturity than you - just leave me alone for Christ's sake.

BTW: Although I do not agree with the IRA's tactics, I do agree with their aims and idealogy.

duncvis

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 06:50:12 PM »
you naive fuck.  ::)

Yay - I can say insulting things to ::)

You smelly tosser....

And isn't naiviety meant to be an aspie trait?

Grow the fuck up, Duncvis. You are behaving like a sulky schoolboy trying to get back at someone for an incident that happened months ago. Get over it. I may have questioned your integrity and honour but if you are in a position of responsibility you have to learn to deal with criticism in a civil way. Otherwise you are just not fit for the job. I'm sorry but that is the way it is. Your wife has a hell of a lot more maturity than you - just leave me alone for Christ's sake.

jesus wept - do you seriously think my comment was in response to the hissy fit you threw months ago?  ::) ::) ::) 
This isn't primary school. I called you a naive fuck because the remarks you made were naive, in the extreme - which considering the soft target you make for the right wingers, I found irritating. And this being Intensity, I didn't feel any need to sugar coat it. I hope you take on board the rest of my comment in the spirit it was intended - do some reading, find out a bit more about some of the positions you support, learn where the lines are blurry. as well as it being interesting, it'll add a bit of depth to your worldview.

BTW: Although I do not agree with the IRA's tactics, I do agree with their aims and ideology.

Yeah, they started out as freedom fighters, and somewhere along the line the end ceased to justify the means. I wasn't arguing against that - just drawing a comparison for you.

*edited for gibberish*
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 05:44:17 AM by duncvis »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 02:08:06 PM »
not the first time this has been suggested to you, robert, by me, apart from others.  and i certainly wasn't part of your rampage a few weeks ago, as far as i know (or care, really, but that's another story).  the bits about making sure you're properly informed so as not to make yourself an easy target for the right wingers, and not making all left wingers look like uninformed twats are particularly apt.

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 03:05:08 PM »
not the first time this has been suggested to you, robert, by me, apart from others.  and i certainly wasn't part of your rampage a few weeks ago, as far as i know (or care, really, but that's another story).  the bits about making sure you're properly informed so as not to make yourself an easy target for the right wingers, and not making all left wingers look like uninformed twats are particularly apt.

You make left-wingers look like Joseph Stalin. I at least have a rebellious, radical outlook.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 03:27:37 PM »
You make left-wingers look like Joseph Stalin. I at least have a rebellious, radical outlook.

And this is a good thing?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 03:34:07 PM »
...I at least have a rebellious, radical outlook.

And this is a good thing?

I think it is...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 03:35:58 PM »
I'm sort of conservative so I'm one the people who'll get shot if the revolution ever happens... :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 03:39:01 PM »
Depends on what nature the revolution takes... how do you know it isn't already happening?  ;)