Author Topic: Fire When Ready!  (Read 1352 times)

Offline NeantHumain

• Fresh Meat
Fire When Ready!
« on: July 29, 2006, 07:14:11 PM »
I'm accepting questions whether it be the best way to marinade veal, how to prove the quadratic formula, or why God screwed you over. Fire when ready! ;D
Now they're calling me "the Wal-Mart of starry-eyed romantics, always rolling back standards for women," and "a most malodorous new breed of pugly American capitalist swine."

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Fire When Ready!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »
Why did God screw you over?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline NeantHumain

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 08:01:15 PM »
Why did God screw you over?
I do not believe in the Christian god or any other gods or goddesses for that matter.

Here's a question for you: Why the hostility? I do not recall ever having said anything against you.
Now they're calling me "the Wal-Mart of starry-eyed romantics, always rolling back standards for women," and "a most malodorous new breed of pugly American capitalist swine."

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 08:05:17 PM »
It wasn't intended as hostility, I have nothing major against you, it was just a random question to get the thread going and to see what you'd say.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 09:15:19 PM »
How does one prove the quadratic formula?

McJ

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 09:44:22 PM »
How does one prove the quadratic formula?

??? +  :o
 :angel: = ______________   X   ( :police:  -  >:( )  / [   :-* +  ;) ]
           :P /  >:D

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 09:51:55 PM »
That is not a proof.  It's not even the quadratic formula, it's just a psychotic arrangement of emoticons.  Anyway, I was asking NeantHumain.  It is his Fire When Ready thread.

McJ

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 10:00:29 PM »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 02:07:33 AM »
why is hiro's quadratic emoticon thing "psychotic"?

duncvis

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 04:51:26 AM »
I thought it was quite funny.  :laugh:

have you come back to visit because you got bored with presenting satire as genuine questions to people who can't tell the difference? and in hindsight, do you think it would have been more worth it to have smacked that cashier with the ketchup bottle?  >:D

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 02:21:45 PM »
who is your all time favorite serial killer?

who is your all time favorite cereal killer?
Misunderstood.

Offline NeantHumain

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 05:20:01 PM »
These are a whole lot of questions to answer at once, but here I go:

• A proof of the quadratic formula is available at http://www.people.virginia.edu/%7Ecmd6a/math/latex/quadformula.pdf (Christopher Drupieski).

• Hiro's alleged proof of the quadratic formula in emoticon form is not psychotic but rather an attempt at humor. People can be psychotic, but formulae, even seriously flawed ones, are not. However, they can be evidence that their creator is psychotic.

• I have gotten bored with WrongPlanet.net as a whole and am sick of the banal clap-trap exchanged there. I write my satire mainly for my own amusement and only secondarily to inform others as a side-effect. In general, I am constantly bored and so look to keep myself amused or occasionally even productively occupied.
  • In hindsight, given that bitter cashier would have complained to the police no matter what (other than if I had done nothing), I think whacking her across her face with a ketchup bottle would be a whole lot more emotionally satisfying than throwing a paper container of ketchup at her. At the time, I was very depressed and not thinking straight anyway. Now I'm not depressed but just numb and apathetic (minus the feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness).
  • I don't have a favorite serial killer, and I have not studied the histories or crimes of any serial killer in depth. The subject is too violent and gruesome for my curiosity to tred in. I have studied the subject of psychopathy in the abstract after having met a woman who met well be a psychopath (or borderline personality disorder—there's quite a bit of overlap among the Cluster B personality disorders).
  • My all time favorite cereal killer would have to be myself. I am notorious for consuming unending amounts of cereal, from sugary Cocoa Puffs to fibery Musselix. I will not deny that no cold mixture of baked grains, assorted dried fruits, sugar, and toxic preservatives served in milk is safe from me! :o

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 05:30:05 PM »
These are a whole lot of questions to answer at once, but here I go:

• A proof of the quadratic formula is available at http://www.people.virginia.edu/%7Ecmd6a/math/latex/quadformula.pdf (Christopher Drupieski).

• Hiro's alleged proof of the quadratic formula in emoticon form is not psychotic but rather an attempt at humor. People can be psychotic, but formulae, even seriously flawed ones, are not. However, they can be evidence that their creator is psychotic.

Thanks, Neant Humain.  That is an interesting proof.

McJ

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 05:35:55 PM »

Hiro's alleged proof of the quadratic formula in emoticon form is not psychotic but rather an attempt at humor. People can be psychotic, but formulae, even seriously flawed ones, are not. However, they can be evidence that their creator is psychotic.

See there,,,I am not psychotic,,, my creator is.

hiroshima

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 10:34:05 PM »
  • I
  • the
  • way
  • you
  • form
  • lists!