Educational

Author Topic: Intro to SinsBoldly  (Read 16190 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Intro to SinsBoldly
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2009, 03:24:43 PM »
Naivety or selective blindness.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2009, 03:31:20 PM »

sinsboldly

« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2009, 03:40:39 PM »
hey,
I didn't get any posts in my Email in box that there was a post in my Intro thread. I was kinda wondering if no one at all was moved to read or answer my intro (that I was asked to write).  So, I got busy, as ya' do, and hadn't come back to I2 until I got a PM from "parts" wondering if I was coming back and wow, 6 pages of welcome! 

I don't know if Alex 'allows' people to come to I2 or ZOMG or what ever. I have never heard anything about it.  I couldn't be bothered to follow such petty parochialism , anyway and besides, no one has 'allowed' me to do anything since I escaped from Topeka State years ago.  Your version of 'MrMark" sorta gave me a turn, I must admit, and I am rather glad I didn't meet up with him before I knew he was a ringer!  I have never heard most of the ideas you have about WP mods before, and hoping to not seem like too much of a naif,  but I am amazed.  But yeah, WP wouldn't put up with a 10th of what happens here. 

However, I am a big girl and have my big girl panties on, so what ever, when in Rome and all of that.  I came here because I was looking up other Aspie boards and wondered what was out on the Internet.  I mean, people ask me, and I had to say, I didn't know.  Now I am finding out.

Merle
I suggest you do some reading of old threads around here on WP - you might find it an eye-opener. Several members and former members of here were the original moderators on there. Might want to look up William Freund whilst you are at it.

As for "MrMark" - any member can change their own profiles.

as I have been a member of WP since 2006 and read all the past mod logs, my eyes have been wide open from the beginning.  Any site that would have me as a member, let alone as a mod, would have to be accomdating to allow me to be there, anyway.

Merle
Such dedication. Why? What motivates you?

do it for karmic payback, probably.  It was pretty rough for me when I first came onto WP.  I had been an undiagnosed Aspie for years and years and decades and had just heard about AS and was pretty sure I had it. I didn't know what to do about it, or even if there would ever be any help for us older Aspies, as so much was being done for the young ones.   I used to savagely gnaw out my very vitals and fling it in front of people in posts so they would dispair. 
After a while, I worked through that and because people didn't reject me out of hand, I started to change my attitude because I didn't feel so bad anymore.  And I learned a lot, and then more and more about AS and myself.  I kept posting, mostly in the Dino Cafe and then the Dino Ex-Cafe and after awhile they handed me a figurative mop and a broom and told me to get to work as a mod.  I figured some that I owed the new people coming in that might have the same issues I had,  that and I wanted a place to be there for other people that needed it as much as I did.  So, gratitude and love are my motivators, yeah. 

so sue me.

Merle

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »
Just looking at the parts of the mod log that are still there on WP may not be sufficient, since Alex has a tendency to delete stuff that makes him look bad.

You might want to take a look at this, which is about the Will Freund situation:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,7227.msg356400.html#msg356400

It's a long post and many people might not have the stamina to read the whole thing, but I think you do.

TheoK

« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2009, 04:26:19 PM »
Alex never did anything to me personal, in fact he was pretty nice to me (or pretended to be) back on WP. But he's a jerk.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2009, 09:33:55 PM »
hey,
I didn't get any posts in my Email in box that there was a post in my Intro thread. I was kinda wondering if no one at all was moved to read or answer my intro (that I was asked to write).  So, I got busy, as ya' do, and hadn't come back to I2 until I got a PM from "parts" wondering if I was coming back and wow, 6 pages of welcome! 

I don't know if Alex 'allows' people to come to I2 or ZOMG or what ever. I have never heard anything about it.  I couldn't be bothered to follow such petty parochialism , anyway and besides, no one has 'allowed' me to do anything since I escaped from Topeka State years ago.  Your version of 'MrMark" sorta gave me a turn, I must admit, and I am rather glad I didn't meet up with him before I knew he was a ringer!  I have never heard most of the ideas you have about WP mods before, and hoping to not seem like too much of a naif,  but I am amazed.  But yeah, WP wouldn't put up with a 10th of what happens here. 

However, I am a big girl and have my big girl panties on, so what ever, when in Rome and all of that.  I came here because I was looking up other Aspie boards and wondered what was out on the Internet.  I mean, people ask me, and I had to say, I didn't know.  Now I am finding out.

Merle
I suggest you do some reading of old threads around here on WP - you might find it an eye-opener. Several members and former members of here were the original moderators on there. Might want to look up William Freund whilst you are at it.

As for "MrMark" - any member can change their own profiles.

as I have been a member of WP since 2006 and read all the past mod logs, my eyes have been wide open from the beginning.  Any site that would have me as a member, let alone as a mod, would have to be accomdating to allow me to be there, anyway.

Merle
Such dedication. Why? What motivates you?

do it for karmic payback, probably. 
Welcome to hell.
It was pretty rough for me when I first came onto WP.  I had been an undiagnosed Aspie for years and years and decades and had just heard about AS and was pretty sure I had it. I didn't know what to do about it, or even if there would ever be any help for us older Aspies, as so much was being done for the young ones.
Go on...
   I used to savagely gnaw out my very vitals and fling it in front of people in posts so they would dispair. 
How supportive.
After a while, I worked through that and because people didn't reject me out of hand, I started to change my attitude because I didn't feel so bad anymore.  And I learned a lot, and then more and more about AS and myself.  I kept posting, mostly in the Dino Cafe and then the Dino Ex-Cafe and after awhile they handed me a figurative mop and a broom and told me to get to work as a mod.  I figured some that I owed the new people coming in that might have the same issues I had,  that and I wanted a place to be there for other people that needed it as much as I did.  So, gratitude and love are my motivators, yeah. 

so sue me.

Merle
So why did he give you the mop and not someone else. Think about it.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2009, 11:08:12 PM »
OK here is an easier question SinsBoldly that I am interested in.
AspiesforFreedom had a temporary shut down and many members left to join other forums. A few people on WP started a couple of Anti-AFF threads and were hostile, insulting and rude towards AFF'ers. I, as a member of both sites, damningly argued an opposite point of view and you decided to warn me and allow countless others to continue the biased views they had and the blanket insults.
Naturally I pointed this out to you and you bailed out on discussions.
Why did you fail at responsible moderation in this instance?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

sinsboldly

« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2009, 12:51:05 AM »

I used to savagely gnaw out my very vitals and fling it in front of people in posts so they would dispair. 
How supportive.

I was a MEMBER, not a mod at the time.

so sue me.

Merle

Alex didn't pick me, he only OKed someone elses pick. 

Merle
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:00:33 AM by sinsboldly »

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2009, 01:05:55 AM »

How supportive.

I was a MEMBER, not a mod at the time.

so sue me.

Merle

Alex didn't pick me, he only OKed someone elses pick. 

Merle
He still gave it you - and anyway why did the person who chose you get the mop?

sinsboldly

« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2009, 01:15:18 AM »

[/quote]

because they were a friend of mine and knew I would take it seriously. 

Merle

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2009, 03:18:13 AM »
i call frepotism.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2009, 05:06:32 AM »

because they were a friend of mine and knew I would take it seriously. 

Merle
[/quote]
See thats the problem with WP - most admins here never took things too seriously.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2009, 12:13:32 PM »
WP shouldn't be taken too seriously cos it's just a message board. Besides, taking it seriously means taking Alex seriously, and that's not going to happen anytime soon.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

sinsboldly

« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2009, 12:28:57 PM »
so, once we have done the Q and A about WP, anyone care about me?

just wondering,

Merle

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2009, 12:29:19 PM »
Define "care". :P

- Albert Einstein