Author Topic: So What Is It Now? What Should It Be?  (Read 21825 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: So What Is It Now? What Should It Be?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 10:03:51 AM »
just let it be. :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 12:43:39 PM »
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 10:31:48 PM »
Needs more drunken posting.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2009, 06:30:38 AM »

I intend to rectify this later tonight.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2009, 07:41:11 AM »
I'm a strange, pick-up driving, geeky, divorcee with a slightly crazy ex-husband that runs his own bar, I'm surrounded by "normal?", mini-van owning, happily married, annoyingly social, football moms whose reality checks have bounced.

If I pinch my hand in the door of the truck and mutter "fuck" they look at me like the sky is falling.
If I start talking to myself in the backyard, someone's peering over the fence to evaluate my mental health.
If I zone out looking at Christmas lights they whisper about my supposed past or present "drug" usage

I can run somedays, but I can't hide, except maybe here.  ;)

Well, I'm back everyone!   And I'll tell you why.  There is no other place that I've found that I can be myself, and not get the sideways looks with a wrinkled brow thrown in for effect. 
I did need a break to do some self exploration, and after comming out of the depths of my mind mine, I am once again in the sunlight of my own little world and ready to move forward.

I think I2 is too broad a place to define it.  It means so much to so many in very different ways.  In a way, its the perfect storm...   (my realization of AS, the internet and this place all came together, as if just for me)...   I'm sure others feel the same for themselves too.
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2009, 09:31:38 AM »
I'm a strange, pick-up driving, geeky, divorcee with a slightly crazy ex-husband that runs his own bar, I'm surrounded by "normal?", mini-van owning, happily married, annoyingly social, football moms whose reality checks have bounced.

If I pinch my hand in the door of the truck and mutter "fuck" they look at me like the sky is falling.
If I start talking to myself in the backyard, someone's peering over the fence to evaluate my mental health.
If I zone out looking at Christmas lights they whisper about my supposed past or present "drug" usage

Well, I'm back everyone!   And I'll tell you why.  There is no other place that I've found that I can be myself, and not get the sideways looks with a wrinkled brow thrown in for effect. 
I did need a break to do some self exploration, and after comming out of the depths of my mind mine, I am once again in the sunlight of my own little world and ready to move forward.

I think I2 is too broad a place to define it.  It means so much to so many in very different ways.  In a way, its the perfect storm...   (my realization of AS, the internet and this place all came together, as if just for me)...   I'm sure others feel the same for themselves too.

Nice to see you back
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2009, 02:06:16 PM »

Welcome back. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2009, 08:05:04 PM »

how did you know i was drunk? ??? :orly:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2009, 03:15:53 AM »

how did you know i was drunk? ??? :orly:

Everyone knows.  8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2009, 09:09:39 AM »
Theory of mind. The less theory, the easier it is. ;)

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2009, 09:14:56 AM »
what? :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2009, 09:17:32 AM »
It's the opposite of practice of mind. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2009, 09:35:31 AM »
duh me. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 07:36:36 PM »
duh me. :P

U need a blonde headed avatar.
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2009, 01:27:05 AM »
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

ADDITIONAL FOR GOVT: If it IS broke, and you don't know how to fix it, DON'T TRY. There is no try.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.