Poll

How did you come to Intensitysquared? (please elaborate if you can and are willing)

Through mention of I^2 on other aspie/autie forums (AFF, WP, et cetera)
Through mention of I^2 on other forums not geared mainly towards aspie/autie audiences (facebook, hobby forums, misc chatrooms, mental health forums, et cetera)
Through a search engine search (google, bing, et cetera)
Through a friend (IRL or online)
Other (please specify)

Author Topic: How did you get here?  (Read 5358 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: How did you get here?
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2018, 02:45:51 PM »
I for one, value you among those here, QV, who I hold in the highest regard. And by extension, the loveliness you have wrought and brought forth to walk the world :)

Its always good to read your jokes thread. You have quite the aptitude for funny as hell off colour jokes yer maj :)

And you'll always have someone here who values the both of you, QV, as long as I am here.

Trigger, suicide attempt? damn man :( I'm fucking glad it didn't 'take' as you put it. Glad you are still with us. We lost one of our number already all too recently, we don't need to lose another brother spazz.

I first came here, really, after the amy incident, when she didn't just flip her wig, but blew the mains fuse-box out of her arse. After AFF imploded thanks to little miss prissy loco spite-bitch. I'm glad to have rediscovered friends like CBC here again (I had missed you couldbe, although, I think I've gotten to know you better here than I did when I was at AFF), so part of the diaspora of AFF refugees looking for somewhere else to kick back with my fellow speshul folk. And the idea that rather than fucked up overmoderation, and too much power ending up in the hands of a mental bitch like amy, having people who have beef with each other sort it out between each other, makes sense.

A similar thing has happened at other, different kinds of forums before. If one has something like that, a community coming together, it is a large loss if it dies, or is killed. I've been a member of a now-defunct, safe for archives of the data and posts of a certain board operated by and for, essentially a fraternity of a certain sort of chemist with certain ideals and aspirations, desires and aims, where we could share our knowledge and research of procedures, develop more and better ones to further our goals and those of each other, and also a subforum called 'the couch', a non chem research portion where we could kick off our shoes, the Bees could rest our wings, although eventually it was taken down, a great loss to my winged brethren, who split off, and like bees do, swarmed to various places, to set up new colonies. There is one primary  one going now, and that, is where I spread my wings. Its good to see newbees joining, but good too when one of my fellows in the old guard, from back in the days turns up, a namecheck one recognizes, its like, in a sense, a brother long lost returning home, albeit to a new building after the original was burned to the ground, and only the treasures of data preserved.

A lot of nostalgia there for the original forum itself, the culture and the old guard, we find a way though, if we must then we have built new nests. I'm one of the first to settle down in the latest one, been there since the first, and even with respect to the ORIGINAL place, that was taken down, the nostalgia when it gets mentioned, either with the respect and reverence it is due, or even in infamy  with the likes of some clandestine chemist documentary online etc., so much nostalgia. And realizing one has been around long enough to qualify as 'old guard' oneself, it kinda brings a warm glow inside, and especially when fellow members of the fraternity in question, which really is much like a brotherhood, in many respects, and just as much, a sense of amusement at the thought of being one of the old and grizzled hard-bitten old-school bees, its an amusing thought, thinking back to the days of being a newBee still working to earn himself his wings. And always good to have another of the old guard return to the fold to dispense valuable and valued measures of their often vast horde of carefully gained wisdom of experience, the old guard of the cooking chemists who don't just see profit and try to blast the hell out of it and drop off the face of the earth, but the real Bees, the kind who just hear the buzzing sound in their ears, and for whom that, is not just a means to an end, but a calling, something thats...well, for me, its as if it has Bee-n there, so to speak, since he was just a wee egg, waiting to become yet another of many larvae, and earn  his wings. Right from childhood, it was there, just waiting for the potential to beecome unlocked, to earn my wings and grow the metaphorical big long stinger of experience earned, its always Bee n that way, always has Bee n and always will bee. To quote one, 'real Bees hear the buzzing, and it just doesn't stop, ever'

I like that. I definitely feel that way. Sure, there are cooks, out to make  a fast buck. But there are also people who take up a higher calling. That, is what makes a real Hive Bee.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2018, 07:10:15 AM »
TheMachine (or some other tool) sent me here.

What can I say, Cal? It was you who sent me to this place.

I remember being really cautious about online forums at the time. I was in a pretty vanilla (but lovely) relationship, and remember totally hiding my visits here, lol. I think at the time, I pretty much thought I was invited to some kind of dark web party...I enjoyed the early years here...I can't remember 2007 maybe? If I read some of the posts and threads from back then, it pisses me off how quickly time has passed really. I thought I had lots of time back then. Time to fuck around and say and do stupid things. I pissed away a lot of good things around the time I started posting here.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2018, 12:03:22 PM »
I came here from WP. I refused to post on AFF, cause it sucked.

WP wasn't that bad for the average user. Probably bad for Moderators, seemed to be a high turnover rate, but shit I haven't been back there in almost a year and probably been almost 2 years since I posted anything. Can't stand the layout of the forum anymore. Way to hard to navigate

I like this board because it's small and you get to know people personally.  Plus the rules are way better and overall way easier to navigate

I'm more on Facebook these days though
:skywarp:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2018, 04:51:14 PM »
WP was a better source of jailbait.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2018, 06:27:44 PM »
WP was a better source of jailbait.

I can't tell if you're saying that about you or Jesse.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2018, 07:22:04 PM »
Pretty sure I wasn't jailbait when I was there.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2019, 04:17:38 AM »
Sir Les brought me here, over a decade ago.

I came from the 2008 AFF meltdown, via Spectrumites.

Fuck, time goes fast.

I said that I sucked at introductions, without realising what I said.  :lol1:

Few years later I dragged Pika here. He brought in the way more shy CBC. And look at her now!!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:27:31 AM by 'andersom' »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2019, 05:47:58 AM »
Sir Les brought me here, over a decade ago.

I came from the 2008 AFF meltdown, via Spectrumites.

Fuck, time goes fast.

I said that I sucked at introductions, without realising what I said.  :lol1:

Few years later I dragged Pika here. He brought in the way more shy CBC. And look at her now!!!

:lol1:   I was intimidated by some of the people here, just judging by how tough  they seemed. 
  Cassanova Frankenstein, then known as some kind of gun, seemed pretty scary.  But I wanted
  access to the smiley collection, so I took the plunge!  I miss the poster formerly known as Pika. 
  I wish he would return.  Hope he's doing well.  I did feel OK coming here because Hyke and Al
  were here.  I figured I would be safe enough with a few friends here already.  :heart:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2019, 06:05:10 AM »
Would be nice if ῦ would come back. Even when only to tell how he is doing.

Are you still in touch with Cassanova Frankenstein? Hope he's doing fine.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2019, 06:15:03 AM »

I am in touch with him, yes.  He is doing well.  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2019, 07:44:53 AM »

I got in touch with PPK a few months ago and he was doing well.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2019, 08:10:19 AM »

Peaguy found me on WP and invited me over. He recognized hard mettle when he saw it.

We crossed swords a few times and he voiced regrets at ever giving me an invite, but I always respected his way.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2019, 09:37:09 PM »
I found out about this place after I was demoted on Aspies For Freedom... I wanted to know what was being said about me on this forum, so I went under a poorly acted pseudonym known as "Boris_Pettigrew"... after a while, I grew out of the "dumbass stage", and became a contributor on this forum.

Yeah, it's been an interesting 8 years... but when the 10 years comes up, I'll just laugh my ass off reading my old posts off of here.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2023, 03:55:28 AM »
I don't remember how I came here in the first place.  But funnily enough, I found myself remembering a collaborative writing project me and sg1008 were working on, and I wanted to see if he was still around.  Was also wondering about a few names I've seen more recently, like skyblue and the now Arya Quinn.  Still wonder what happened to that numbers guy.  It's nice to see posts from Andersom this year (I was pleased when I found out who she was, although I don't recall us two interacting much directly, but their posts are always nice to read and the cow avatar is very soothing).  All this nostalgia.  It's weird. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted