Author Topic: Ask Lit  (Read 16172 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Ask Lit
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 10:37:08 AM »
I used to be a neo-Nazi when I was younger

Once a Nazi, always a Nazi.
Disagree - look up a guy called Ray Hill.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2008, 10:54:43 AM »

Over here, snail mail, even though the majority of fiscal responsibility is upon a private corporation, they are a part of the G-men and they also make daily reports, with no warrant required.

UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL ( now defunct, mostly) and most of the other trucking companies all report, thanks to Homeland Security.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »
That's not very free and brave.  :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
Agreed. This latest version, compliments of the fascism extended by the Bush administration, is only a vague outline of the proud country our grandfathers fought hard to create.

My grandfather would roll over in his grave to know what has transpired in the twenty first century.

:violin:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 05:21:07 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2008, 04:53:31 PM »
Do you find this funny?

Do you think they're brave for doing it?

TheoK

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »
I find it quite amusing.  8)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2008, 06:19:33 PM »
Were they brave?

I wouldn't want to do that to my car and have to pay lot of money to get it fixed or even jack up the insurance.

TheoK

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »
Yay, they were brave!  :hotrodder:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2008, 09:21:08 PM »
I've created thermite, yup.  8)

My dad created thermite in high school. It detonated prematurely, blew him across the room and burned his eyebrows off. No other damage to him, fortunately.
Unfortunately, I did not inherit his talents in chemistry, physics, etc. So I have no similar stories to report.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 09:23:38 PM by spunkdrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

TheoK

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2008, 03:47:39 AM »
It should not detonate, just melt very quickly. Aluminium or magnesium dust and red iron oxide is all that is needed.  8)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2008, 07:18:20 AM »
Did you ever go to school or have a career if so what or for what?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2008, 05:13:57 PM »
How did you become a Nazi?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2008, 06:46:29 PM »
I've created thermite, yup.  8)

My dad created thermite in high school. It detonated prematurely, blew him across the room and burned his eyebrows off. No other damage to him, fortunately.
Unfortunately, I did not inherit his talents in chemistry, physics, etc. So I have no similar stories to report.

It sounds like he made flash powder, not thermite.  Thermite is very stable and difficult to ignite, and it doesn't explode under normal conditions, while flash power is fairly unstable and can easily cause powerful explosions.  He might have confused them, since they both often contain aluminium powder.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2008, 09:06:29 AM »
Did you ever go to school or have a career if so what or for what?

I studied science (maths, chemistry, physics) in high school and German, philosophy, Dutch and some small astronomy courses at university. No career in working life.

TheoK

« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2008, 09:14:47 AM »
How did you become a Nazi?

I was taught by people when I was a child that Hitler and Nazism was something very evil and that was what we also were taught in school. But then I started to read about the treaty of Versailles and to study ethnic maps of Europe, and I could see that Germany had been treated wrongly and that France and Great Britain had lied about their motives for defeating the Central Powers in WWI. I could also see that Hitler had been right about what Europe would look like in the future; the communist countries in the east, the immigration, stupid political correctness, no discipline in school etc. These were the thoughts of a 10-11 year old. They're more complex today. I had no Nazis in my family; in fact most of them were social democrats.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 09:19:19 AM by TheoK »