Educational

Author Topic: Ask Lit  (Read 15954 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Ask Lit
« on: December 20, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »
I'm sure you have one but it's so far down I could not find it.
So are you a Nazi/ Fascist or an anarchist the two really are not compatible.  Do you prefer a strong government or none at all   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

Re: Ask Lit
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:18:47 PM »
I used to be a neo-Nazi when I was younger, but now I'm an anarcho-primitivist. I still find the racial concept useful, though, and I think every culture has its own place. Islam doesn't belong in the Western world, for instance.

I prefer no government at all.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 07:34:47 PM »
I would prefer none also but see it as impractical and tend toward limited government .  Anarcho-primitivism makes more sense than Nazism but do you have what the skills it would take to survive in that type environment?  It would not be easy you and me would probably be dead or at the end of our lives by our age in a hunter gatherer society.  I have thought of trying to be more self sufficient but not to the point of giving up my tech now that I have it

George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 07:39:20 PM »
I have lived rather primitiv, though unfortunately we have never hunted in our family, except for grandpa. I don't think you need to go directly back to the stone age but to somewhere before the industrial revolution.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 07:58:02 PM »
I used to be a neo-Nazi when I was younger, but now I'm an anarcho-primitivist. I still find the racial concept useful, though, and I think every culture has its own place. Islam doesn't belong in the Western world, for instance.

I prefer no government at all.
I am quite interested in the how as to getting to a state of Anarcho-primitivism - surely this would involve somewhere down the line of massively reducing the worlds populations levels.

As for the technology argument, I believe more technological progress will bring down NT society - in fact it should provide us with an opportunity to replace it with our own.

TheoK

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 08:12:54 PM »
The "how" is hard. Either we will be able to convince people that their frustration depends on the nanny state treating them like children and taking their freedom away or it has to happen in a more drastic fashion.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 08:23:19 PM »
The "how" is hard. Either we will be able to convince people that their frustration depends on the nanny state treating them like children and taking their freedom away or it has to happen in a more drastic fashion.
90% of the population are so dependent on the societal system that they will fight with their lives to protect it. Your going to have to be more than drastic here, I think.

TheoK

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 08:26:28 PM »
I know. But it won't help to do it the way poor Theodore did; in that case it has to be on an extremely larger scale.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 08:30:24 PM »
I know. But it won't help to do it the way poor Theodore did; in that case it has to be on an extremely larger scale.
You would only need 10-12 very committed and effective people, a firm and well devised ideology and then you might be in with a chance. I think though going after a meritocratic society would be a much better approach if you wanted to bring down NT dominance and social structures, for one its something that is reasonably sellable to the masses.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 08:41:01 PM »
You would only need 10-12 very committed and effective people, a firm and well devised ideology and then you might be in with a chance. I think though going after a meritocratic society would be a much better approach if you wanted to bring down NT dominance and social structures, for one its something that is reasonably sellable to the masses.

World wide?  you would need more than that I don't think it could be done.  Yes you could make a real mess with 10-12 very committed and effective people but that much change would take a lot more

George Bernard Shaw

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 08:44:02 PM »

World wide?  you would need more than that I don't think it could be done.  Yes you could make a real mess with 10-12 very committed and effective people but that much change would take a lot more
That is what the ideology is for, you use it to create flunkies to do it with. The difficulty is forming such a group totally undetected - and keeping it that way.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 10:47:05 PM »
No question, just something fun for you to chew on from another (red-blooded American) forum ...

The purpose of fighting is to win.

There is no possible victory in defense.  ( or in waiting for attack)

The  sword is more important than the shield, and skill is  more important than either.. The final weapon is the brain.

All else is supplemental.

1.  Don't pick a fight with an old man. 

If he is too old to fight, he'll probably just kill you.

2.   If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3.   I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4.   When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5.  A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers.  The  reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?"  The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46 or a 47."

6.  An old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a  lady commented on his wearing his  sidearm to the dinner.  "Sheriff, I see you have your  pistol. Are you expecting  trouble?" "No Ma'am.  If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle and had everyone keep their heads down."

7.   Beware the man who only carries one gun.  HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

I  was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house.  I said I did.  She said "Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!"  To which I said, "Of course it is loaded -it can't work without bullets!"  She then asked, "Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into  your house?"  My reply was, "No not at all.  I'm not afraid of the house catching fire either,  but I also have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too." 

To which I'll add, having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank. 

And Remember:

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:50:07 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »
What is it with the term "brave?"

Teejay

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 02:43:48 AM »
I used to be a neo-Nazi when I was younger

Once a Nazi, always a Nazi.