Author Topic: (In)famous quotations  (Read 3688 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: (In)famous quotations
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 04:14:45 PM »
do you ever actually read other people's posts, lit?

::)

TheoK

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 05:21:57 PM »
Not yours.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 05:44:27 PM »
I thought that was impossible outside Sweden. I thought: "All foreigners must laugh at us if they hear what this stupid bitch says".

Are you fucking kidding me?

This is the very kind of thinking that has caused me enormous grief with our local school system.

My daughter is a fucking genius, but she is also dyslexic (PDD, ADHD, too, but lets be focused for a moment!). She has a hell of a lot of trouble reading, spelling, doing math word problems, but still manages to get her grades scores into the upper percentile of kids in the state.

She is skipped over for additional services from which could greatly benefit, because her grades are already exceptional. I KNOW that she could do more, better, faster, if we could get some help with her dyslexia, but they are satisfied that she is "performing" according to expectation for kids in her age group.  BUT, she is not a regular kid! She is much smarter than can be tested with reading skills exams (as per NCLB standards) and her school psychologist knows this also, but the school departments are under the gun to keep costs down, so my daughter and we as parents have to do it all on our own.

I KNOW she could be doing so much more in her education, if we had a little help! I can't do it all! I don't even have educational skills, but I have taught her far more than the dipshit school ever has.
I could certainly apply my hard-learned skills to help with her PDD problems (with which I can most assuredly identify and quite possibly assist) if I did not have to take so much time helping her to recognise the issues she faces with her dyslexia.

Sweden is not alone in this type of nonsense.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 05:48:39 PM »
"Sure that plank will hold your weight"  various carpenters
'
'
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 05:49:31 PM »
My parents took me out of school for 4 months because I had successfully defended myself against some bullies (they needed to visit the dentist afterwards) when I was 10 years old. In 4 months I did all school work that should have been completed in three years! Had no benefits of it, though.  ::)

P7PSP

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 08:00:36 PM »
Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely of this;  that he does good not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it. Mikhail Bakunin.

Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the bootmaker. M. Bakunin.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 03:45:22 AM »
"Sure that plank will hold your weight"  various carpenters
'
'

:laugh:

TheoK

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 03:47:18 AM »
"I want you to kill my wife. I want you to fuck my wife up the ass and then...destroy the ass because...she's breaking my bones."

- Roberto Malone

8)

P7PSP

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 04:42:37 AM »
Heaven hath no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like that of a woman scorned. William Congreve.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:44:56 AM by P7PSP »

TheoK

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 04:45:03 AM »
"Everything that doesn't kill hardens."

- Frederick the Great

:arrr:

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 10:06:10 AM »
It's "quotation" according to O.A.L.D.  8)

Then O.A.L.D are talking out of their arses. Quotation's a noun, not a verb.

First person singular: I quote/we quote
Second person singular: You quote/you are quoting
Third person singular: He/she/it quotes or "is quoting".

Win.
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

TheoK

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 10:08:28 AM »
I never said it was a verb.  ???
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:44:28 AM by TheoK »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 10:42:33 AM »
yeah he said it was a noun.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

TheoK

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »
 :agreed:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 11:01:54 AM »
I never said it was a verb.  ???

No, but the word, quote, is often misused as a noun, especially on the internet. (Uhm, that's why Lucifer was picking on him.)

I've done it myself, casually falling into other people's bad habits while involved in 'net conversation.
"It's a shame and a disgrace."
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.