Author Topic: What is a liberal?  (Read 3409 times)

TheoK

Re: What is a liberal?
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2009, 05:00:14 PM »
BTW, I'm amused by your insistence to find a suitable political label for me.

You hate freedom of speech and the right to defend yourself with firearms, and you think that Muslims deserve respect. That makes you a leftist in my book, whatever you might label yourself as.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2009, 05:15:20 PM »
Freedom of speech doesn't have anything to do with gun laws. You're confused, as always.

My basic opinion is that all humans are equal and they all deserve respect, regardless of race, religion, or political views. Some of them forfeit this (you are a case in point) by not respecting others or actively working against these basic freedoms (race, religion, political views, etc), but I'm sure you get my basic idea (if you don't, have someone else explain it to you because I don't suffer fools gladly).

Having said that, I must admit that I have trouble taking you seriously enough to label you anything but just another nutcase. Your track record here and in real life pretty much proves my point.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2009, 05:27:29 PM »
You are against free guns. That's a fact. You also thought it was good when they shut SD's homepage down. That's a fact too. So I don't confuse anything.

Religious people deserve nothing but being ridiculed for their irrational believes, especially when they demand to have any influence over a civilized Western society.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2009, 05:35:41 PM »
Poor little Nazi. Bad, bad Swedish authorities refuse to let you play with guns. Poor you.

I really, really think you should be among the last to use the word "irrational". Or "civilised".
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2009, 05:42:14 PM »
The true reason for making up gun laws is this: you know as a politician deep inside that your agenda is unjustful and that an otherwise law-abiding person might get the idea of killing you. They make gun laws for saving their own skin. Because 95% of all people who care to get a gun (at least a pistol) legally here are idiots that'd obey any idiotic command whatsoever.

In Vermont and Alaska they know that they don't have to fear the people, and thus they let people arm themselves like free men.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2009, 07:30:56 AM »
Er, no. At the hands of someone like you or some other clueless wannabe Nazi, a gun would be very dangerous. As for Vermont, you need to consider not only Vermont but also how its gun laws affect other states.

But never mind that. Focus on growing that brain first.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2009, 07:35:05 AM »
Er, no. At the hands of someone like you or some other clueless wannabe Nazi, a gun would be very dangerous. As for Vermont, you need to consider not only Vermont but also how its gun laws affect other states.

It doesn't. You're not allowed to buy guns in Vermont if you're from another state. Check up the laws before you speak.

And Vermont is more like most of Sweden than NYC, for instance. That speaks good for free guns.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:37:07 AM by TheoK »

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2009, 07:40:37 AM »

It doesn't. You're not allowed to buy guns in Vermont if you're from another state. Check up the laws before you speak.

And Vermont is more like most of Sweden than NYC, for instance. That speaks good for free guns.

The funny thing about stupid people, is that they usually never figure out that they are stupid, even if they been told.  Repeatedly.
Feeling neutral is very normal.

TheoK

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2009, 07:43:00 AM »
You're not stupid because someone who can't argue in an honest way calls you stupid.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2009, 07:48:51 AM »

Are you really this naive or are you just pretending?

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2009, 07:51:16 AM »
You're not stupid because someone who can't argue in an honest way calls you stupid.

So true. You're stupid because of your inability to understand.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2009, 08:01:47 AM »

Are you really this naive or are you just pretending?

Yes, you can of course take a gun from Vermont to a state or city where guns are banned or heavily restricted. That's why the cowards in the EU forced Switzerland to change its unique gun laws under the threat of economic sanctions.

But fact remains: Vermont is more like Sweden in most respects than what NYC is, so it would work pretty good to adapt their gun law here.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2009, 08:09:40 AM »
Being against gun laws isn't a contradiction to freedom, you have the freedom to choose whether to be against them or not at the first place.

TheoK

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2009, 08:23:49 AM »
Being against gun laws isn't a contradiction to freedom, you have the freedom to choose whether to be against them or not at the first place.

If you don't want the people to have any chance to fight the state, you're for gun laws. How is that freedom-loving? The people in Waco couldn't win, but thanks to the 2nd Amendment they could at least kill tens of federal pigs and died like free men themselves. In Europe they'd be caught and imprisoned or slaughtered with no losses among the pigs.

And yes, the state committed a crime in Waco, not the Koresh people.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2009, 08:32:56 AM »

If you don't want the people to have any chance to fight the state, you're for gun laws. How is that freedom-loving? The people in Waco couldn't win, but thanks to the 2nd Amendment they could at least kill tens of federal pigs and died like free men themselves. In Europe they'd be caught and imprisoned or slaughtered with no losses among the pigs.

And yes, the state committed a crime in Waco, not the Koresh people.

You are still an idiot.
Feeling neutral is very normal.