Author Topic: Social structures  (Read 4648 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Social structures
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2006, 01:21:35 AM »
i am going to repost this again because i am curious.

and i don't want the question to die at the bottom of page 1.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 01:26:38 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that one college freshman has singlehandedly shaped the social structure of an entire community.

i disagree.  and we should all probably look at the Brittish males as a fine example.  mainly they held onto their guns, and the bannings didn't prevent them from being who they are.  alex hasn't done shit, unless you count being in the right place at the right time as doing something.
Most of what he currently has is based upon one unfortunate incidence.
Furthermore he didn't utilize it to its full potential.  he could have shaped an entire community, if he had chosen advocasy over $$$.
success is fleeting and he's pissing his away.

With all the intelligent and resourceful people he's pissed off, you'd think he might alienate one too many and get hit by retribution. But no. A few people kick, scream, and yell, he hits the delete button, and his cycle continues. Cliques can take their friends and leave. But there will be an endless supply of innocents who see exactly what the boy king intends them to see. Inertia is a fucking powerful force. And eventually, people will forget what happened the last time, so that when it happens again, they make all the same mistakes the last group did.

And in the mean time, the next Will Freund will come, and do their thing, and go, and no one will ever know or care that in a different kind of social structure, it might have been stopped. The few who do care will comfort themselves by saying that realistically, there was nothing anyone could have done.

So much for intelligence and resourcefulness.

Now i see what you are working towards.  you are challenging us.  You offer us a compliment and a sad situation to motivate us.  then you dismiss our abilities as you percieve that we have as well...

do you believe that freund could have been prevented?  and why should anybody care about what freund did?  it happened, its part of the natural order, it was predesigned, by intertia.
moving along.

Why is this so? Because what he's doing works. He controls the communication lines, in an environment like the internet where the spreading of information is his greatest enemy. Because a small group of aspies can't manage the organization it would take to mount an effective resistance. Because clique-based splinter communities - and I mean this one too - rarely grow into something large enough to be a threat; once the little group of friends have a place to talk freely to each other, they don't care about the things they were once fighting for. Because his very drive for publicity is what gets him both TV appearances and the naive members he needs to perpetuate his cycle.

I completely agree.  comfort is neck and neck with in-fighting as our #1 enemy.  Alex is just one man, he hasn't shaped anybody.  he has shaped opinions people have about him, but that is all.  We shape our own course of action when we get comfortable and forget what is just and true.  We shape the community with our in-fighting and finger pointing.  needless to say, the fact that we are so judgemental of each other is another cause for concern.
by the simple fact that we cannot unite; we shape the community with our anti-productive behaviors.

a competing website does not have to grow large enough to be a threat.  what is the threat?  is it that the community posts here and there and everywhere else and that cuts into his click averages.
see i take it that you mean that because he deletes well thought out posts, but never a members account (whether they have been banned or they want to leave because they don't feel safe), that indicates that he has numbers and power. any threat to that would be viable?  but realize its just smoke and mirrors.  numbers equate to $$$, either real or falsified.

IMHO, i would think that if he had an agenda (besides getting laid and making $$$), something like AS betterment and equality, then a group decided to come along and hinder that agenda, then there would be a threat.  he, along with any other person, has the ability to chase money.  it will always be there and it will always be offered.  but the dignity of the people with AS challenges will not be.

No group can ever be a threat to superficial endeavers.

And after they're defeated, suddenly people start thinking about moral high roads. Tell me how many of you have not thought to yourself about some variation of, "Anyone who lives like that must be so miserable at heart that they're already in their own paranoic hell." Uh huh. Wake up. His fantasies defend his mind against misery, you self-pitying morons, that's one of the perks of his particular breed.

one thing that you need to realize is that nobody has been defeated.  the other thing is that patience is a virtue for a reason.  Do you expect that a snap of the fingers and the people will wake up and smell his brand of java.  no.  this is about a democracy, it always has been.  in a democracy nothing happens in an instant.  its a struggle towards a betterway.
why is that?
because their are too many roadblocks and differing opinions to set a chain of events into motion, to fall into place, like a carefully placed row of dominoes.  if what the community really wants is change, then change will happen. 
but in the meantime, those of us who do want change must;
put together a consensus of what that change should entail,  then remain consistent with our voices about what has been agreed upon, until the the community begins to see what else is being offered, and they fall, one by one.  (dominoes)

those of us who have passion and demonstrate leadership abilities are the ones who are shaping the community.  with inaction.

Don't mistake this as a cry for sympathy. This is a scream of rage at the state of the universe.

i know exactly what you mean.  my voice is hoarse from screaming.  people have free will, and comfort is our enemy.  the state of the universe is such that people just aren't willing to do whatever is necessary to improve their situation.  because what they have is tolerable,  and the alternative is too munch work.
in essence people are lazy and/or afraid of failure.  i say they have failed for not trying.

so what am i going to do about it?
i am going to do my best to remain consistent and keep screaming to anybody who will listen.

my question is;

what are you going to do about it? and that is a general question, not just aimed at pyraxis.

-mcjagger (as himself)
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 01:45:43 AM »
i know exactly what you mean.  my voice is hoarse from screaming.  people have free will, and comfort is our enemy.  the state of the universe is such that people just aren't willing to do whatever is necessary to improve their situation.  because what they have is tolerable,  and the alternative is too munch work.
in essence people are lazy and/or afraid of failure.  i say they have failed for not trying.

so what am i going to do about it?
i am going to do my best to remain consistent and keep screaming to anybody who will listen.

-mcjagger (as himself)

ditto. thats what I'm here for, and is the motive behind whats coming next...  >:(  ;)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2006, 02:21:22 AM »
i agree with action.
whats coming next is a domino.  :angel:
Misunderstood.

Offline lazarus

• Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2006, 01:28:10 PM »
Nobody can control every little thing all the time for events will over take them in the end.
quoted for truth
bump
a wolf in jack's clothing (but not for long)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 01:39:11 PM »
Oh and what events are you thinking of?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline lazarus

• Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 03:42:51 PM »
Oh and what events are you thinking of?
the kind that make people think of conspiracies.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2006, 03:43:51 PM »
interesting.

are you wearing your sheep's clothing?
Misunderstood.

Offline lazarus

• Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006, 03:45:46 PM »
interesting.

are you wearing your sheep's clothing?
no, but i will be when i go there.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2006, 03:46:31 PM »
and will it be too late?
Misunderstood.

Offline lazarus

• Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2006, 03:47:45 PM »
never too late given the stakes

and i wont forget the googly eyes, either.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2006, 03:49:57 PM »
if you want them, then just act kindly.  and never, i repeat never, sell your soul to lucifer.
Misunderstood.

Offline lazarus

• Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2006, 03:52:48 PM »
if you want them, then just act kindly.  and never, i repeat never, sell your soul to lucifer.
don't worry. she couldn't afford me.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2006, 03:54:20 PM »
but she has a twat (according to her) and a beautuiful singing voice (according to you).
there isn't much more that you could possibly want, is there.
so it seems fairly cheap to me.
Misunderstood.

Offline lazarus

• Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2006, 03:57:23 PM »
but she has a twat (according to her) and a beautuiful singing voice (according to you).
there isn't much more that you could possibly want, is there.
so it seems fairly cheap to me.
that aint all there is to life, pops. there is strength and power and the ability to change things. some people change things by waving their twat in somebody's face, and some people change things by acquiring power.

i want power.