Author Topic: The United States of America are...German!  (Read 6497 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: The United States of America are...German!
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2008, 02:44:53 PM »
testikels.

in general.

:eyelash:

What?

Don't like history?

noooooooo - i'm learning swedish just so lit feels less threatened.

:angel:

TheoK

« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2008, 02:48:09 PM »
So, tell me why that's a bad thing.

It's not a bad thing, as long at it keeps out the 3rd world scum we have comming  into most European countries. It's a bad thing when it prevents decent northern and western Europeans to move to the USA.

Nah, we won't fight over our new president, except in the usual way.

As far as Iran, we have a well publicised plan for staying out of any armed conflict with them as well as alternate plans. The Iranians also know of the expectations placed upon them by most of the free world's powers. It's like getting a speeding ticket, Tig. You can easily prevent them. You know what is going to happen if you do certain things. Iran can prevent an invasion of her soil.

I also doubt that our "Chicago-Tough"  President Elect will be as easy to influence with FUD presented by military advisers, filling him with cowboy daydreams, as was our lame duck President.

You can never know that for sure. Kennedy was the one who dragged the USA into the Vietnam war, but that is forgotten, since he got shot long before the war went disastrous for you.

... forgotten? Hardly. Go back even further to find more blame.
Truman supporting France in the continued administration of its colonial French Indo-China after WWII, knowing full well that a declaration of independence from French rule by the Viet Minh was eminent, seems to get a bye, also.
Dulles (Secretary of State in the Eisenhower cabinet) made the entire state of affairs about "rolling back" communism around the world in the way he presented the issues of the growing conflict to the American public, despite the fact that Viet Minh forces (Communists) had aided and rescued several of our downed pilots during the war with Japan, everyone ignores.
The Eisenhower administration, not signing the 1954 Geneva Accord (temporary independence for French Indo-China, with a division at the "Seventeenth Parallel" while elections could be held), instead, sending military training forces (and MONEY!) to set up an army for a faction opposing the Viet Minh (led by Diem, an Indo-Chinese Catholic) in the southern part of the colony, no one cares about.
Conniving Kennedy's role is completely forgiven, due to a "Magic Bullet."
When the US Destroyer Maddox and the USS Turner Joy first began shelling the coast of Viet Nam, it was in response to a sonar alert they perceived as an attack, which turned out to be each other's propeller beats, is also forgiven.

The point was that even a "peaceloving" president can start a war or intervene more in an ongoing one.

So, now, President Elect Obama is "peaceloving?"

Have you been listening to him?

OK, even simpler: you can't predict what he will and will not do.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2008, 02:49:43 PM »
swedish is a beautiful language. :headbang2:

Oh i'm sure it is. However I am a struggling young man without the time or the desire to learn a new language. It was not my intention to offend you.

that doesn't offend me. :P i just think it's a cool language.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

TheoK

« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2008, 02:50:12 PM »
testikels.

in general.

:eyelash:

What?

Don't like history?

noooooooo - i'm learning swedish just so lit feels less threatened.

:angel:

But that was wrong. "Testikel" is "testicle" in Swedish -- in singularis. In pluralis it's "testiklar".

TheoK

« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2008, 02:50:51 PM »
swedish is a beautiful language. :headbang2:

Oh i'm sure it is. However I am a struggling young man without the time or the desire to learn a new language. It was not my intention to offend you.

that doesn't offend me. :P i just think it's a cool language.

8)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2008, 02:52:35 PM »
But that was wrong. "Testikel" is "testicle" in Swedish -- in singularis. In pluralis it's "testiklar".

er, that's "singular" and "plural", actually.

but never mind - thank you for helping me to learn swedish, lit.  as a thank you pressie, here's something, just for you.  :-*

oh, and testiklar.   :thumbup:

TheoK

« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2008, 02:55:45 PM »

but never mind - thank you for helping me to learn swedish, lit.  as a thank you pressie, here's something, just for you.  :-*

You're a PhD and don't know that the correct forms (in Latin) are "singularis" and "pluralis"?  ::) The other forms are short forms.

Like when you stupid Anglos call Marcus Antonius "Marc Anthony" or Johannes "John".  ::)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:07:54 PM by TheoK »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2008, 02:56:11 PM »
So, tell me why that's a bad thing.

It's not a bad thing, as long at it keeps out the 3rd world scum we have comming  into most European countries. It's a bad thing when it prevents decent northern and western Europeans to move to the USA.

Nah, we won't fight over our new president, except in the usual way.

As far as Iran, we have a well publicised plan for staying out of any armed conflict with them as well as alternate plans. The Iranians also know of the expectations placed upon them by most of the free world's powers. It's like getting a speeding ticket, Tig. You can easily prevent them. You know what is going to happen if you do certain things. Iran can prevent an invasion of her soil.

I also doubt that our "Chicago-Tough"  President Elect will be as easy to influence with FUD presented by military advisers, filling him with cowboy daydreams, as was our lame duck President.

You can never know that for sure. Kennedy was the one who dragged the USA into the Vietnam war, but that is forgotten, since he got shot long before the war went disastrous for you.

... forgotten? Hardly. Go back even further to find more blame.
Truman supporting France in the continued administration of its colonial French Indo-China after WWII, knowing full well that a declaration of independence from French rule by the Viet Minh was eminent, seems to get a bye, also.
Dulles (Secretary of State in the Eisenhower cabinet) made the entire state of affairs about "rolling back" communism around the world in the way he presented the issues of the growing conflict to the American public, despite the fact that Viet Minh forces (Communists) had aided and rescued several of our downed pilots during the war with Japan, everyone ignores.
The Eisenhower administration, not signing the 1954 Geneva Accord (temporary independence for French Indo-China, with a division at the "Seventeenth Parallel" while elections could be held), instead, sending military training forces (and MONEY!) to set up an army for a faction opposing the Viet Minh (led by Diem, an Indo-Chinese Catholic) in the southern part of the colony, no one cares about.
Conniving Kennedy's role is completely forgiven, due to a "Magic Bullet."
When the US Destroyer Maddox and the USS Turner Joy first began shelling the coast of Viet Nam, it was in response to a sonar alert they perceived as an attack, which turned out to be each other's propeller beats, is also forgiven.

The point was that even a "peaceloving" president can start a war or intervene more in an ongoing one.

So, now, President Elect Obama is "peaceloving?"

Have you been listening to him?

OK, even simpler: you can't predict what he will and will not do.

... and yet you ARE making predictions.

For example:

Your next war will either be with Iran, despite that Obama is president, or a civil war because Obama is president.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2008, 03:01:41 PM »

For example:

Your next war will either be with Iran, despite that Obama is president, or a civil war because Obama is president.

If there will be a new war, it will be either against Iran or a civil war. That is to 90% predictable. But it's not predictable whether there actually will be one at all.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2008, 03:12:12 PM »

You're a PhD and don't know that the correct forms (in Latin) are "singularis" and "pluralis"?  ::) The other forms are short forms.

weeeeeell, call me eccentric, but i was writing in english.   :hahaha:

Like when you stupid Anglos call Marcus Antonius "Marc Anthony" or Johannes "John".  ::)

don't be daft - we call him mark antony (no H*).

* i put that capital letter in just for you, lit - do you feel loved now?   :angel:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2008, 03:16:11 PM »

For example:

If there will be a new war, it will be either against Iran or a civil war. That is to 90% predictable. But it's not predictable whether there actually will be one at all.

Correction noted.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2008, 03:21:24 PM »

Even a Swedish elementary teacher, at least when I went to elementary school, would use the Latin terms.

* i put that capital letter in just for you, lit - do you feel loved now?   :angel:

Why do you anglizise Latin names? In Sweden we use the same names as the Romans themselves did.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2008, 03:45:05 PM »
Why do you anglizise Latin names? In Sweden we use the same names as the Romans themselves did.

It's "anglicise". ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2008, 03:45:27 PM »

Even a Swedish elementary teacher, at least when I went to elementary school, would use the Latin terms.

really?  how nice.

Why do you anglizise Latin names?

"anglizise"?  come now, lit, that's a bizarre spelling even for you.  or are you typing in a german accent?

In Sweden we use the same names as the Romans themselves did.

do you eat dormice, too?

TheoK

« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2008, 03:47:25 PM »

It's "anglicise". ::)

No, it's "anglicize"; I mixed up the letters. Still according to my Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary of Current English.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:50:10 PM by TheoK »