Educational

Author Topic: Ask a simple question, get a Woofy answer  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Ask a simple question, get a Woofy answer
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 08:18:35 PM »
Edited for derailment.  :P
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 08:20:48 PM by Pyraxis »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 08:20:28 PM »
Woof?*

*i don't understand this question?

Er... those questions were for Odeon.

I'll copy them to his thread instead.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 08:45:50 PM »
Which personalities don't like Pyraxis and what do they do about it?
i don't think any of them don't like her, but some do more than others

Noah (named by DW) doesn't like the idea of the relationship but has been attempting to engage with her. they don't have a lot in common so it isn't very easy. he tends to talk mostly to jack anyway.

javik gets along fine with her (i think). his language skills suck but she claims to understand him, though she sometimes says she's frustrated with him. he doesn't talk to me but once in a blue moon and i don't understand anyway so sometimes i just write down the words or images. i think he might be arrogant.

jack is the one who doesn't get along with her most. they usually end up arguing and he thinks she hates him and i think she may even have said she does. he tends to stay away too. but sometimes i need his help and that usually is when the two of them end up in the same room and sparks flying. jack is the brains of the operation. he knows philosophy and politics and can talk about intelligent stuff with her, but i think its when they talk about personal stuff that they don't get along.

I wondered how someone like her would get along with someone like Jack.  Isn't he a big packrat too?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 07:08:28 AM »
do you like to tinker?

are you addicted to buying office supplies?
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 09:24:53 AM »
You didn't answer the question. ::)

How is it not a satisfactory answer? It reads to me like he's saying he's not smart enough to come up with a system that would satisfy the whole world, so he'd delegate to people who were smarter than him.

Which seems like a sensible tactic to me. It worked for Steve Jobs.

He never explained what *kind* of world he'd like to see. To me that's hardly satisfactory because that was what the original question was about.

Life's too short. ::)

Woof*

*nobody asked what kind of world i would like to see.

No? What about this:

what kind of world would you buildif you had complete authority to do so?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 05:21:56 PM »
Which personalities don't like Pyraxis and what do they do about it?
i don't think any of them don't like her, but some do more than others

Noah (named by DW) doesn't like the idea of the relationship but has been attempting to engage with her. they don't have a lot in common so it isn't very easy. he tends to talk mostly to jack anyway.

javik gets along fine with her (i think). his language skills suck but she claims to understand him, though she sometimes says she's frustrated with him. he doesn't talk to me but once in a blue moon and i don't understand anyway so sometimes i just write down the words or images. i think he might be arrogant.

jack is the one who doesn't get along with her most. they usually end up arguing and he thinks she hates him and i think she may even have said she does. he tends to stay away too. but sometimes i need his help and that usually is when the two of them end up in the same room and sparks flying. jack is the brains of the operation. he knows philosophy and politics and can talk about intelligent stuff with her, but i think its when they talk about personal stuff that they don't get along.

I wondered how someone like her would get along with someone like Jack.  Isn't he a big packrat too?
yes jack is a packrat but not so much these days, as he was traumatised by his family moving us out of our old apartment and scattering our belongings across two states.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 05:30:32 PM »
do you like to tinker?

are you addicted to buying office supplies?
i dont like to tinker, i like to paint and write
i am not addicted to buying office supplies.

i don't think i have addictions. i am just now discovering what i like and don't like. i maybe have revolving addictions, so at one time i was addicted to writing immoral sex fantasies but now i am not. at another time i was addicted to places like secondlife and there - i liked going there and building things. oh, and the other place - cantr - i was totally addicted to that for at least 6 months. i would definitely be addicted to a nice car if i had one.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 05:32:49 PM »

How is it not a satisfactory answer? It reads to me like he's saying he's not smart enough to come up with a system that would satisfy the whole world, so he'd delegate to people who were smarter than him.

He never explained what *kind* of world he'd like to see. To me that's hardly satisfactory because that was what the original question was about.

Woof*

No? What about this:

that is entirely a different question. the world i would like to see would be different from the one i would build if i had authority. one is further from reality than the other.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 12:05:25 PM »

Woof*

No? What about this:

that is entirely a different question. the world i would like to see would be different from the one i would build if i had authority. one is further from reality than the other.

Good point.

So, what kind of world would you like to see?

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
i don't know if it would work.

i would like to see a world where people spoke with directness. one where people really helped each other. i guess i am looking for altruism.
in my world most property would be common property, with libraries where you could borrow whatever you needed and then you didn't have to have it in your house. i would be a librarian, of course. imagine going and taking out a car for a month or however long you needed it, but then you could bring it back and not worry about maintenance or car payments. i know there are rental places, but my libraries would be affordable, maybe you would pay dues to the library and not have to pay rent for the car. you could take out a sculpture or painting, or borrow a bunch of board games.
housing would be the same way - pay your dues and live where you want.

it would be the same with education and healthcare and everything else we need. give people a fair wage and don't burden them with the charge of spending to keep the economy going. i don't know where it would lead, but it seems like a good idea.

i don't know how i would get rid of oppression but i would want to.
that's about the best i could do.

on the other hand if i am being selfish and creating a world for me and not anyone else (couldn't do that anyway) i would make it so when aspers go out into the world they have some kind of mentor who can help them with the things that are hard. maybe i wouldn't need the mentor's help for grocery shopping, but it would be nice to have had someone to tell me how to plan for the future. also i would build my dream - places where aspers could live and do whatever they were good at and turn it into income. a really big house with major computer power in the basement and all kinds of industries in other parts. the house would be theirs, free and clear of mortgage or debt. hmmm, and i would have the house income support people who couldn't work. and the house income would provide good health insurance for everyone who lived there. then i suppose it could expand to a corporation that could support and/or employ aspers who didn't live there and provide them with health insurance and income. and then i would make more and more houses like that, maybe even all over the world.

i was told that this question was supposed to elicit my political views. i am not good at politics, so i may not have any that i could identify as such.

i am not good at putting together the mechanics of a utopia. and as someone said, my idea of a utopia wouldn't be someone else's.
woof.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 02:24:23 PM »
Thanks for answering.  It sounds good to me.  I'm just not sure how we could pay for it.

:plus:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 07:05:09 AM »
Thanks for answering.  It sounds good to me.  I'm just not sure how we could pay for it.

:plus:
from each according to their ability, to each according to their needs.
Misunderstood.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2008, 03:34:07 AM »
DO YOU TALK TO YOURSELF?

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2008, 03:34:30 AM »
yes

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2008, 03:37:59 AM »
But do you answer yourself when you talk to yourself?

:P