Educational

Author Topic: OBAMA WINS  (Read 10074 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: OBAMA WINS
« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2008, 04:49:13 PM »
does the chip verify blood/sugar levels

Maybe, but the main thing is that it tells Big Brother where you are, and they're already in use in some companies in the USA. Some employees must have one implanted to be working there...

Many of your fraternal oxpecker peado-kind were rounded up, electronically shackled and enforced with house-arrest during Halloween.

We are civilised. We protect our children from predators, like you.

You are an idiot. Sooner or later they will implant a chip in you, no matter how law-abiding you are, and then it's too late to refuse.

And it's spelled "civilized".

:LMAO:
Tin hat time?

Nah, the chips are designed for you.  We will put them in YOU!

You claim to be something that you can't spell to, and you think that it's pedophilia (also misspelled by you) to have sex with a 15 year old. You will never put a chip in anyone.

Clever.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2008, 04:49:39 PM »
:popcorn:

TheoK

« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2008, 04:55:29 PM »
Luckily, OALD is available online:

civ•il•ized (BrE also -ised) /'s{I}v{shwa}la{I}zd/ adj.
1 well-organized socially with a very developed culture and way of life: the civilized world * rising crime in our so-called civilized societies * civilized peoples
2 having laws and customs that are fair and morally acceptable: No civilized country should allow such terrible injustices.
3 having or showing polite and reasonable behaviour: We couldn’t even have a civilized conversation any more.
4 typical of a comfortable and pleasant way of life: Breakfast on the terrace—how civilized! * Let’s go somewhere civilized and have a meal. opp uncivilized

Note the stuff in red near the beginning. That's how dictionaries often indicate an alternative spelling.

Now, what are your other two dictionaries? This is fun.

But their first spelling of choice  is also with a "z". My other dictionaries are Engelsk-Svensk ordbok from Svenska bokförlaget Nordstedt, 11th impression and Engelsk-svenska/Svensk-engelska ordboken from Esselte Studium, edition unknown, since the first pages are missing.

But that doesn't matter. What matters is how Oxford Advanced spells it, and that is the 3rd edition, 11th impression. Not my fault if the British English has degenerated since I went to high school.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2008, 04:56:09 PM »
You will never put a chip in anyone.

Don't worry the aliens already put one in you :spacecraft:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2008, 04:56:57 PM »

Maybe, but the main thing is that it tells Big Brother where you are, and they're already in use in some companies in the USA. Some employees must have one implanted to be working there...

Many of your fraternal oxpecker peado-kind were rounded up, electronically shackled and enforced with house-arrest during Halloween.

You are an idiot. Sooner or later they will implant a chip in you, no matter how law-abiding you are, and then it's too late to refuse.

Tin hat time?

You claim to be something that you can't spell to, and you think that it's pedophilia (also misspelled by you) to have sex with a 15 year old. You will never put a chip in anyone.

Clever.

It's spelled "misspelled": mis-spelled. Learn your own language to begin with. And why do you mark "to"? "You claim to be something that you can't spell to". It's a so called sign of the infinitive.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 05:01:56 PM by TheoK »

TheoK

« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2008, 04:58:54 PM »
You will never put a chip in anyone.

Don't worry the aliens already put one in you :spacecraft:

This is nothing to joke about. This is exactly why people should oppose their governments and authorities. They are the incarnation of evil, though most people prefer to make bad jokes about it, because reality is too dreadful.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2008, 04:59:41 PM »

Tin hat time?

Clever.

It's spelled "misspelled": mis-spelled. Learn your own language to begin with.

Oooohhh!  I think he hisssssed at me.

:lol:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2008, 05:02:45 PM »

Tin hat time?

Clever.

At least I can spell, and English isn't even my native language.

TheoK

« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2008, 05:05:57 PM »
"1 well-organized socially with a very developed culture and way of life: the civilized world * rising crime in our so-called civilized societies * civilized peoples
2 having laws and customs that are fair and morally acceptable: No civilized country should allow such terrible injustices.
3 having or showing polite and reasonable behaviour: We couldn’t even have a civilized conversation any more.
4 typical of a comfortable and pleasant way of life: Breakfast on the terrace—how civilized! * Let’s go somewhere civilized and have a meal. opp uncivilized"

Why do they spell all examples with "z", if they don't think that should be the first choice of spelling? odeon is dishonest even when it comes to something as simple as spelling, if he thinks he can ridicule someone.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2008, 05:08:08 PM »

Tin hat time?

Clever.

... and had you not begun an English lesson, everyone might have continued to ignore how you have spelt and misspelt various words.

:hahaha:

TheoK

« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2008, 05:09:19 PM »

Tin hat time?

Clever.

... and had you not begun an English lesson, everyone might have continued to ignore how you have spelt and misspelt various words.

:hahaha:

Where?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2008, 05:14:32 PM »
self-pwned

TheoK

« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2008, 05:15:21 PM »
"Misspelled" isn't wrong. It's a correct form, though "misspelt" seems to be more common. It's more right than spelling "civilized" with an "s".

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2008, 05:24:26 PM »
Luckily, OALD is available online:

civ•il•ized (BrE also -ised) /'s{I}v{shwa}la{I}zd/ adj.
1 well-organized socially with a very developed culture and way of life: the civilized world * rising crime in our so-called civilized societies * civilized peoples
4 typical of a comfortable and pleasant way of life: Breakfast on the terrace—how civilized! * Let’s go somewhere civilized and have a meal. opp uncivilized

Note the stuff in red near the beginning. That's how dictionaries often indicate an alternative spelling.

Now, what are your other two dictionaries? This is fun.

But their first spelling of choice  is also with a "z". My other dictionaries are Engelsk-Svensk ordbok from Svenska bokförlaget Nordstedt, 11th impression and Engelsk-svenska/Svensk-engelska ordboken from Esselte Studium, edition unknown, since the first pages are missing.

But that doesn't matter. What matters is how Oxford Advanced spells it, and that is the 3rd edition, 11th impression. Not my fault if the British English has degenerated since I went to high school.

Your problem is that you aren't civilised enough, and thus lack in reading comprehension. The above quote is from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, the latest edition.

The Esselte and Nordstedt ones are poorly researched dictionaries, aimed at (Swedish) kids and laymen, and intentionally omit everything complicating anything. I can understand why they appeal to you, but you should rely on a more widely recognised dictionary. OED is a bit expensive, but the Merriam-Webster 3rd Ed should be affordable, that is, if you can handle the preference for anything AE.

As for me, I own more dictionaries than you do, a couple of grammars and thesauri, a fair number of style guides (from various publishers around the English-speaking world), and also quite a few general-interest books on the English language. Practically all of them bring up the subject at hand, pointing out the British preference, but some also highlight the fact that there are at least THREE distinctive ways to handle the "ize" words.

Of course, a number of dictionaries are available online, free of charge, among them your beloved OALD. A simple Google search will tell you more about how the spelling varies on different sides of the Atlantic Ocean, but you could also ask around here. Several writers and at least one PhD, at your disposal. If you ask nicely.

So please, child, don't embarrass yourself further.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2008, 05:31:15 PM »
The -ize spelling is the correct, considering the roots of the word. It's as simple as that the German and Danish spelling "Benzin" (after Carl Benz) is correct and the Swedish and Norwegian spelling "bensin" is ethymologically wrong.