Educational

Author Topic: I did an NT thing  (Read 827 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
I did an NT thing
« on: October 28, 2008, 09:01:46 PM »
I got my hair done. It was a change I wanted. I wanted the hair style out of 101 dalmatians Anita has.

I'm surprised it only cost me $10.

My hair curled naturally after the beautician cut it.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I did an NT thing
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 05:44:27 AM »
I like it. Your hair has a nice wave to it. :plus:

But I don't think it is an NT thing to do. ;)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 07:35:19 AM »
Heh, it it a change and don't we hate changes and prefer things to stay the same?  ;)

Besides, I like calling things "NT things." 

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 07:37:51 AM »
Hmmm that poster is very familiar. Aidan Quinn I think. Must be 'Michael Collins' Good film.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 07:51:58 AM »
BENNY & JOON

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 12:19:17 PM »
Your smile wasn't that bad, but could use improvement.  You have a nice face :wanker:
You have almost the same glasses as me.  I like your hair, and my hair cost $16 to get done.  I should  give a big tip because my hair growth is god damn incredible, and so is my nails.  I think its the silicon in my diet, could also be the cell proliferant supergreen foods.  One in particular, spirulina, was consumed by the aztecs, and it was said that might have something to do with their advanced brain power.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 06:00:29 PM »
Can you tell me what was wrong with my smile?

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 06:21:32 PM »
I'm guessing yes, but Im not too sure.
batcat

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 06:53:49 PM »

First of all, I like your hair style. It looks very cute and easy to manage.

To answer your question, it would be very difficult for an average person to describe what is wrong with your smile. Some perceptive people might say that it looks a little forced, which is often seen as fake to most people. In fact, actors use a "forced smile" look to characterize a "fake"  smile, when they need to show they are patronizing someone or showing distrust.

The main thing that strikes me about your smile in that photograph (it's not really your smile, I'm talking about - it's the way this particular photograph makes you look! I hope you can understand the difference.) is that it does not "agree"  with your eyes. Your eyes and your smile don't "match." 

If you were happy enough to smile, the place a true smile is first born is in the eyes. The beginning of a smile is always in the eyes and then the mouth. If you were really smiling that "big" your eyes would really show it more. A lot more! Your expression would cover your entire face evenly and maybe even, with a smile that big, close down your eyes a little.

Now, to let you off the hook a for a moment, most school pictures show an expression just about like yours in this photograph and most of the time, moms love it - "Hey, she's smiling AND her eyes are open! What a great picture!"  - when the reality is that it does not really look like you. Not that I know what you look like, but I know a bit about facial expressions after spending many years doing portrait work and studying to understand the differences between a portrait that will sell (better, yet, make mom cry, because the more Mom cries, the more money Dad pulls out of his wallet) and one that looks like what every one has twelve of - one from each year in school - already hanging on Mom's wall.

This is not a criticism of you, but if you were honestly asking for some pointers on smiling more, don't look at your mouth in the mirror or in photographs and start looking more closely at your eyes.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 08:06:19 PM »

I think it was a bit stinky for Randy to have said what he did. The smile is fine but it looks a little like a set photograph smile... Nothing wrong with it at all... Lots of people smile like that on photos (its actually very normal - more unusual is a photo where the smile is not set)... please do not worry about it. Its actually a nice smile. And your hair looks nice too :green:

If you wish a more natural smile... when you smile let your whole face smile with you... let the smile explode 8) A very difficult thing to keep when a still camera is pointed at you and you're waiting for the non-pro to actually take the shot. You did well. Don't worry about the smile, its fine :green:

I was more concerned with the fact that, whoever took the photo... moved the camera while the shutter was closing ::) Butterfingers ;) Not to mention the spooky face on the poster which has his eyes fixed on you... and an even more set smile :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:13:48 PM by Nocturnalist! »

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 08:16:39 PM »
One in particular, spirulina, was consumed by the aztecs, and it was said that might have something to do with their advanced brain power.

Keep eating that spirulina then, Randy. :evillaugh:

GalileoAce

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 10:08:08 PM »
I like it. Your hair has a nice wave to it.

I agree :)

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »
One in particular, spirulina, was consumed by the aztecs, and it was said that might have something to do with their advanced brain power.

Keep eating that spirulina then, Randy. :evillaugh:

:laugh:  you aren't smart enough to comprehend me :laugh:  I am, and it takes work, stupid preconscious shit going on.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 04:24:23 PM »
Heh, it it a change and don't we hate changes and prefer things to stay the same?  ;)
We are fine as long as we make the changes ourselves.  ;D
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 05:35:05 PM »
there's nothing wrong with your smile. randy stuff a sock in it. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: