Author Topic: NOT a McCainiac  (Read 5370 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: NOT a McCainiac
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 02:47:57 PM »
i can't take this election seriously any more: a system which allows for a fuckwad like palin even being nominated for VP is beyond ridiculous.

:indeed:
As if McCain wasn't bad enough we will have to deal with her when he dies in office.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 02:49:15 PM »
i can't take this election seriously any more: a system which allows for a fuckwad like palin even being nominated for VP is beyond ridiculous.

:indeed:
As if McCain wasn't bad enough we will have to deal with her when he dies in office.

and he'll probably die by her mistaking him for a moose and shooting him.

what is it with republican VPs?  at least cheney missed.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 03:05:25 PM »
Still think it's a shame he missed. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 03:31:05 PM »
Still think it's a shame he missed. :laugh:

you're not alone, by bajillions, i should think.  :laugh:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 09:56:05 AM »
I think the guy I'm dating will vote for McCain if he votes- not as a way of supporting McCain but as a way of not taking the election seriously (and because it won't make a difference).  I missed my chance to register to vote; I didn't make the time (though I could have gone out of my way if I was really motivated) because I'm also preeeeetty sure it won't make a difference.  My state votes for me; if Massachusetts votes for McCain I'll eat my hat.
When I'm in Boston in a couple of weeks, you wanna hook up? :eyebrows:

I'll take your silence as a "No way in hell you sick bastard!" Rejection is my muse!

PS I was just kidding. I'm not really a creep.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 11:45:33 AM »
I think the guy I'm dating will vote for McCain if he votes- not as a way of supporting McCain but as a way of not taking the election seriously (and because it won't make a difference).  I missed my chance to register to vote; I didn't make the time (though I could have gone out of my way if I was really motivated) because I'm also preeeeetty sure it won't make a difference.  My state votes for me; if Massachusetts votes for McCain I'll eat my hat.

I'll take your silence as a "No way in hell you sick bastard!" Rejection is my muse!

:P  I know you were kidding; I didn't even get back to this thread till just now.  So, delivering my crushing blow to your facetious man-wants a little bit too late:  "Naaaaaah.  Thanks for the offer though."
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 11:58:14 AM »

:P  I know you were kidding; I didn't even get back to this thread till just now.  So, delivering my crushing blow to your facetious man-wants a little bit too late:  "Naaaaaah.  Thanks for the offer though."

Then, what if I wasn't kidding? :P
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 01:26:05 PM »
I'm proud to say I voted for George Bush twice and not Gore or Kerry.

The Great President Bush has done a great job handling the mess Clintoon left him and kept people employed in spite of record fuel prices, the DOT.CON crash, hurricanes, terrorist attacks and no way in hell would I vote for the dumocrap poverty pimps who created the mortgage mess.

Obama will make the Jimmy Carter years look like the good old days, the people about 45 an younger have no clue what the good life under dumocraps is like, they are about to find out.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »
I'm proud to say I voted for George Bush twice and not Gore or Kerry.

The Great President Bush has done a great job handling the mess Clintoon left him and kept people employed in spite of record fuel prices, the DOT.CON crash, hurricanes, terrorist attacks and no way in hell would I vote for the dumocrap poverty pimps who created the mortgage mess.

Obama will make the Jimmy Carter years look like the good old days, the people about 45 an younger have no clue what the good life under dumocraps is like, they are about to find out.

:finger:

Bush is an idiot! Even his own party wants nothing to do with him. You are truly clueless. ::)
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 02:22:17 PM »
"Idiot" is far too nice, in my opinion.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 02:24:15 PM »
bush handled katrina well?  sorry, did i miss something?

(and i could say something along the same lines for most of johnny's post, but that one really made my jaw drop with incredulity).  ::)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 02:42:39 PM »
Bush has done more damage than Al Qaeda ever could. And god knows both have been trying their best.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 02:52:46 PM »
bush handled katrina well?  sorry, did i miss something?

(and i could say something along the same lines for most of johnny's post, but that one really made my jaw drop with incredulity).  ::)

Possibly.
I think that almost all the politicians, most especially the ones whose residences were in danger while they still made careerbucks off the local tax revenues, continued to ignore the scientists who warned  for a generation or more about this impending catastrophe. Even the "majestic and all(NOT)powerful"  National Historical Society was ignored, for some reason.

This was predicted well in advance by all the engineers whose early mentors designed the safeguards, but what is the value of New Orleans, if they are costing money instead of enticing tourism?

Seriously, sending the reserve army to the site of the disaster was constantly viewed in hindsight as "too little, too late,"  but at the point where a natural disaster has finally come to call, swamping a major city with collapsing levees, what else could anyone do.

Bush gets my nod for getting help there as quickly as the vehicles, loaded with supplies needed could traverse the land and air. I know a bit about hurricanes and you can not fly a heavily loaded cargo plane, let alone land one, into the aftermath of a category four or five hurricane, nor can you drive across the land for a time, without a great deal of exploration first. Hurricanes are serious, but major ones fuckking rule! Mankind's best efforts are insignificant against them.

No one could have done more. PERIOD.

(Oh, please, do!)

Found some nature love for you ... ONE bitchin' fuckin' storm comin' our way!

If I can remember correctly, this was taken In FUCKING mississippi, NOT Louisiana! Louisiana is the black part where no radio communication is possible.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 03:40:01 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 03:16:22 PM »

OH, btw, I have come close to hating the Bush administration. I am NOT a McCainiac, but I'll be damned before I vote in the tax increases of an Obama administration.

many of his ideas are valid, but most of what Obama wants to do will fuck over all of us.

I don't know yet which is thethe worst of evils!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 03:20:38 PM »

OH, btw, I have come close to hating the Bush administration. I am NOT a McCainiac, but I'll be damned before I vote in the tax increases of an Obama administration.

many of his ideas are valid, but most of what Obama wants to do will fuck over all of us.

I don't know yet which is thethe worst of evils!

Only if you make more than $200,000! At least that is what his plan says.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me