Author Topic: NOT a McCainiac  (Read 5437 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: NOT a McCainiac
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2008, 02:36:18 PM »
read "the gate to women's country", by sheri s. tepper.

Do you think society would be a better place if those who believed in physical violence were separated from the ruling class and exiled?

It is women trying to breed the violence out of humanity.   They have their own society and only choose women and men who are not violent to breed.   Violence is not hereditary imo.    It comes from the environment and the animalistic instincts within all humans (flight vs fight).

What makes you think violence is not hereditary?
Because people are not violent by family.   I don't see a family full of violent people usually.    My uncle might be an violent person, but the rest of his brothers and sisters are not really violent.   He just had a fucked up life, compared to the rest of his siblings.   I just do not see violence being bred out of any animal totally.    We have to respond to threats, no matter if they come from our species or another.   You can't run away from everything.

I wouldn't want a world full of passive-aggressive types.   The world would be shit, and I do not believe in truly passive people (they always have an underlying aggressiveness in them).  Violence is necessary in some cases to get things done that would not have been accomplished otherwise.   Sometimes people just do not respond to other tactics.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2008, 03:16:41 PM »
LBJ was the worst followed by carter and than clinton and seeing as how people haven't had enough pain yet obama should top all three of them.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2008, 03:25:58 PM »
LBJ was the worst followed by carter and than clinton and seeing as how people haven't had enough pain yet obama should top all three of them.

do go on - this is completely fascinating.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2008, 04:25:28 PM »

And Nixon, Reagan, George I and George II never did anything wrong. "And Brutus is an honorable man."
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2008, 04:30:09 PM »
Because people are not violent by family.   I don't see a family full of violent people usually.    My uncle might be an violent person, but the rest of his brothers and sisters are not really violent.   He just had a fucked up life, compared to the rest of his siblings.

Huh - I did a bit of research and it supported that idea, that the cycle of abuse depends on environment more than genes. I suspect that there is a genetic tendency, but the modeling of violence in the environment activates it.

I just do not see violence being bred out of any animal totally.    We have to respond to threats, no matter if they come from our species or another.   You can't run away from everything.

I wouldn't want a world full of passive-aggressive types.   The world would be shit, and I do not believe in truly passive people (they always have an underlying aggressiveness in them).  Violence is necessary in some cases to get things done that would not have been accomplished otherwise.   Sometimes people just do not respond to other tactics.

:agreed:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2008, 05:22:15 PM »

And Nixon, Reagan, George I and George II never did anything wrong. "And Brutus is an honorable man."

Nixon should be added to Mt. Rushmore

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »
 :zoinks:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2008, 08:22:56 PM »

WTF!?!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2008, 08:30:34 PM »

WTF!?!

Do you think he'd look better next to Lincoln :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2008, 09:44:11 PM »

Nixon should be added to Mt. Rushmore

But...wasn't he a crook?
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2008, 09:47:39 PM »
Liberty magazine did a comparative study a few years back and found that, on average, Repub and Demo admins are likely to tax US citizens about the same, with the Repubs having a slight edge on taxation. (I think the Cato Institute did the same comparison with the same results.) As far as personal freedoms, I used to think the Dems respected them more, but Clinton convinced me otherwise. That's why I call a pox on both their houses.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:49:19 PM by wandrew »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2008, 12:13:56 AM »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2008, 12:14:22 AM »

WTF!?!

Do you think he'd look better next to Lincoln :zoinks:

:LMAO:

that is sheer genius!

:plus:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2008, 02:35:30 AM »
I think the guy I'm dating will vote for McCain if he votes- not as a way of supporting McCain but as a way of not taking the election seriously (and because it won't make a difference).  I missed my chance to register to vote; I didn't make the time (though I could have gone out of my way if I was really motivated) because I'm also preeeeetty sure it won't make a difference.  My state votes for me; if Massachusetts votes for McCain I'll eat my hat.

that makes me sick.

of course it won't mke a difference when asshats like your bf don't take these things seriously. write buggs bunny if you have to but why vote for an evil fuckhead who has a big chance to win just for your amusement? disgusting. >:(

to be able to vote is a fucking privelege. who gets elected affects the whole globe but people in america don't even care to vote properly while the rest of the planet sits on their ass unable to help things. you know how that feels? FRUSTRATING.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2008, 08:26:52 PM »
People are fucking retarded.  I'm strongly debating on who to vote for... I know I'm not voting for McCain though.

Example of stupid people:
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.