Author Topic: What is the Water like where You Live?  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: What is the Water like where You Live?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 01:13:03 PM »
It's fine here too; ours is collected as rain and runoff from peaty moorland to the south, so it's very soft and tastes better than bottled water if it's left to stand for a day for the chlorine to dissipate.  I store it in a couple of big jugs so that I've always got a supply of dechlorinated water.

I do something similar, I fill up a cleaned out 3 litre plastic milk bottle with water and keep it in the fridge. I find cooler water tastes better to me.

I hate cold water; my teeth are sensitive and I find it generally unpleasant.  I keep mine at room temperature.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 01:24:09 PM »
Ours is chlorinated and filtered from this body of water.

It tastes exactly as it sounds.

Ours comes from here.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 01:33:46 PM »
Our water (Indiana) is OK to piss in, but I wouldn't want to drink it.

Perhaps all that pissing in the water hasn't helped.

(obviously you are referring to its use as in the toilet).

Both actually. Fewer people pissing anywhere would be better, in my book.

I am extremely sensitive to minerals of various sorts. I can't really taste much else (thank god for textures), but I have a very strong repulsion to lime, chalk (even some ceramics) and compounds of sulphur, which are plentiful in our well or lake water supplies. I can't even cook with our native water, because the minerals will spoil the dish.

I use softened, RO water (for like thirty years, now) exclusively for drinking, cooking, teeth brushing, coffee or tea making, etc. and I sometimes have to hold my breath for long periods in the shower. I actually prefer chlorinated city water, because it overwhelms my olfactory sense and masks the scent of other offensive compounds when I shower. I prefer the headache of chlorination to the nausea and scrubby feeling of these particular minerals.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 01:37:40 PM »
The tap water here at work has elevated levels of fecal matter. :zombiefuck: I do not drink it!!!

Don't you love the fact that there are standards for fecal matter in city water greater than ZERO!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 08:23:04 PM »
Yeah, I get this thing where I can only stand making a cup of tea from water that has been boiled in a stove top kettle and not an electric one. With water boiled from an electric kettle I get an overwhelming metalic taste in my mouth, which I cannot stand!  :grrr:

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 12:22:30 PM »
Toxic so I here, little blue rocks, mom said she see things in the water, but I never do.  The water qualitity report says its fine, but I herd they need a new tower and won't fix it.

My water makes plants grow :wanker:  I was like no shit :laugh:  I don't mean cum, its usually clear like water, even with high  doses of b vitamins.
I had my urine test for metabolism of wheat by products, that were  drug like, for defective metabolism.  They found none, and I ate alot of it that day.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

duncvis

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 02:26:56 PM »
Our water, like Peter's, comes off peat moorland, so is generally superior in taste to most bottled waters.  8)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 10:34:42 AM »
We have great water here, but it is chlorinated and fluoridated.  It comes from a mountain stream which is fed by snow melt.

TheoK

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 01:56:34 PM »
Very good. Most Swedish water is, even in the big cities.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 01:56:37 PM »
Our water is chlorinated but not fluoridated AFAIK, there was a big controversy about that awhile back.
To me it tastes very good when cold, but it leaves a soft pink film in toilets and dog bowls, dunno what that is.   :dunno:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

eris

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 02:19:11 PM »
In the tiny town I grew up in, there was like a reservoir.

Problem is, there was some sort of protected turtle or something that lived there too... and pooed.

So, how was the water ? A bit shitty  :thumbup:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 02:21:29 PM »
In the tiny town I grew up in, there was like a reservoir.

Problem is, there was some sort of protected turtle or something that lived there too... and pooed.

So, how was the water ? A bit shitty  :thumbup:

I'm guessing your childhood Kool-Aid tasted a bit...speshul.   :sick:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 05:25:05 PM »
The water where I live has several chemicals in it, including hydrogen :zombiefuck:. Luckily, there is also oxygen :thumbup: in the water here, although there's only about half as much oxygen as hydrogen.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

TheoK

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 05:28:31 PM »
Atoms, that is. An oxygen atom is 16 times heavier than a hydrogen atom, so counted in actual mass a water molecule contains 8/9 of oxygen and only 1/9 of hydrogen.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 05:49:25 PM »
Just noticed this thread. The water quality where I grew up was fine. Since moving to N. Ireland I've found it undrinkable from the tap. Even small quantities give me severe diarrhea. The people who grew up here do not appear to have this problem.