Educational

Author Topic: Over 40's thread....  (Read 18397 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Over 40's thread....
« Reply #525 on: December 14, 2019, 10:54:32 PM »
Well, my daughter is leaving in less than a month now. It feels odd. I went to see the new place with her the other day and it all became real, somehow.
That's a very bittersweet occasion for both of you :hug:

It's horrible, and it's wonderful.
Exactly that. The kids and I were recently talking about me being an empty nester and what that would look like for me. On one hand, I'm looking forward to being to devote some solid time to myself and not having to be juggling everyone else's needs and schedules. On the other hand, I always sleep better when all of my kids are home and THAT will be a huge issue for me to try to find my new norm with.

My wife always asks me to stay up until both kids are back home. Not sure what will happen when the daughter moves out.

Your wife already asked you. You will stay up until your daughter returns home.

:autism:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #526 on: December 15, 2019, 05:05:55 AM »
Well, my daughter is leaving in less than a month now. It feels odd. I went to see the new place with her the other day and it all became real, somehow.

Exactly that. The kids and I were recently talking about me being an empty nester and what that would look like for me. On one hand, I'm looking forward to being to devote some solid time to myself and not having to be juggling everyone else's needs and schedules. On the other hand, I always sleep better when all of my kids are home and THAT will be a huge issue for me to try to find my new norm with.

My wife always asks me to stay up until both kids are back home. Not sure what will happen when the daughter moves out.

:GA:

It's going to be a long night. Week. Month. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #527 on: December 15, 2019, 06:39:45 AM »

:lol1:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #528 on: December 15, 2019, 03:35:24 PM »

With my daughter heading off to college and moving in with two (read that AGAIN ... TWO!!  FFS) room mates, I will probably do that exact thing for a while.

She is only moving across town next month with her "friends".  Why is this so hard?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #529 on: December 15, 2019, 07:01:42 PM »
My daughter is 11. On the weekend I heard her telling our puppy that when she moves out the puppy is coming with her.

I'm hoping that isn't reflective of any plans in the near term.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #530 on: December 16, 2019, 02:50:06 AM »
My daughter is 23. When I was her age, I wasn't anywhere near the kind of maturity she is displaying even though I left home when I was 19.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #531 on: December 16, 2019, 01:26:18 PM »
My daughter is 11. On the weekend I heard her telling our puppy that when she moves out the puppy is coming with her.

I'm hoping that isn't reflective of any plans in the near term.
:lol1:

I like her priorities though. Definitely bring the puppy.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #532 on: April 19, 2020, 10:04:41 AM »
I'll be 40 in a few months.  :P
:skywarp:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #533 on: April 19, 2020, 10:18:00 AM »
Welcome back, Jesse
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #534 on: April 19, 2020, 10:25:13 AM »
Welcome back, Jesse
Oh thank you so much. I always think about this place, I try to stay off the internet now but I do get on it from time to time.

Been tryin' to get a life but it's proven to be a formitable foe. Been basically chilling, trying not to watch the news because it's such bad news but hey.  :laugh:

Hope youre doing good Phoenix. Nice to see you again

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #535 on: April 19, 2020, 10:27:29 AM »
Welcome back.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #536 on: April 19, 2020, 10:29:39 AM »
Oh thank you Jack :)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #537 on: April 19, 2020, 11:19:18 AM »
Welcome back, Jesse
Oh thank you so much. I always think about this place, I try to stay off the internet now but I do get on it from time to time.

Been tryin' to get a life but it's proven to be a formitable foe. Been basically chilling, trying not to watch the news because it's such bad news but hey.  :laugh:

Hope youre doing good Phoenix. Nice to see you again
I am notorious for leaving this place for months at a time, although thinking of it often, and then returning again before I disappear. So I get it.

I suspect more will return since we're all basically housebound and various levels of bored.  :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #538 on: April 19, 2020, 12:27:43 PM »
I suspect more will return since we're all basically housebound and various levels of bored.  :laugh:
Indeed. I'm a homebody so this doesn't bother me at all, It's good to see all the old faces here again. I cant believe I've been on forums like this for nearly 15 years. makes me feel a little pathetic,  :laugh:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #539 on: April 19, 2020, 01:11:47 PM »
OMG JESSE'S BACK!! :GA:
:gopher: