Educational

Author Topic: Internet stalking...  (Read 426 times)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Internet stalking...
« on: August 25, 2008, 08:35:02 PM »
is it wrong?

I mean, people like to use the same username... so, if they happen to have a myspace, OKcupid, livejournal, and youtube account with the same username, it's not like it's hard to find all of this stuff.

I've been stalking a girl I've met.

For a couple hours.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Internet stalking...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
If they use the same user name they are asking you to do it :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:56:22 PM »
I really doubt a couple of hours can classify you as a stalker. 

Now if it becomes a daily habit you may want to seek help. :laugh:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »
It's normal IMO.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:20:41 PM »
Just don't take it too far.   Move onto another person that is hotter, more interesting and more intelligent.    There is always another one of those.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 07:51:30 PM »
I asked her out.  She said she'd be happy to... 

Suhweet. 
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 04:38:56 AM »
Its not if no harm is done from it.

I've "stalked" people, but it's onlt been as bad as looking at the online list on a website all the time. It's more of a short lived aspergers obsession with me. I once fished out about 10 internet profiles on a girl, just to see if she was lying about what she said. None of these people knew about this, and I doubt they would care.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 05:13:31 AM »

I don't know if it is actually "normal,"   but isn't that the whole point of all those types of sites. I think it's like what was already mentioned, if someone continually uses the same name across several social sites, they are certainly inviting you to search them out, contact them and also making it very easy to do.

I see no harm at all, as long as it remains a passing fancy or like Tesla attempting to make straight forward, honest contact is why these sites exist and thrive.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 05:22:27 AM »

I don't know if it is actually "normal,"   but isn't that the whole point of all those types of sites. I think it's like what was already mentioned, if someone continually uses the same name across several social sites, they are certainly inviting you to search them out, contact them and also making it very easy to do.

I see no harm at all, as long as it remains a passing fancy or like Tesla attempting to make straight forward, honest contact is why these sites exist and thrive.

Very sensible comment from the Dawg.

Give her one for me Tesla! (Not quite as sensible comment from Sir_Les_Patterson)  :lol:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

thepeaguy

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 05:25:43 AM »
is it wrong?

I mean, people like to use the same username... so, if they happen to have a myspace, OKcupid, livejournal, and youtube account with the same username, it's not like it's hard to find all of this stuff.

I've been stalking a girl I've met.

For a couple hours.

Browsing for a person's social networking page isn't stalking, you ass. It's a quiet obsession.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:28:07 AM by Thagomizer »

Offline klox

• Constant Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 04:38:29 AM »
I usually have to bail when they start noticing big locks of hair missing. The annoying thing is I could still pull it off, but I just get so...greedy...in the moment or something.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 08:49:15 AM »
I don't know if it is actually "normal,"   but isn't that the whole point of all those types of sites. I think it's like what was already mentioned, if someone continually uses the same name across several social sites, they are certainly inviting you to search them out, contact them and also making it very easy to do.

Depends on context, but I'm actually starting to think that in this day and age it's at least unsurprising if not actually normal to google/ferret out some online info about people you've newly met (or, in the case of people you've met online, are considering contacting/meeting).  I kind of assume people will, at least in said context.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 09:59:09 AM »
I don't know if it is actually "normal,"   but isn't that the whole point of all those types of sites. I think it's like what was already mentioned, if someone continually uses the same name across several social sites, they are certainly inviting you to search them out, contact them and also making it very easy to do.

Depends on context, but I'm actually starting to think that in this day and age it's at least unsurprising if not actually normal to google/ferret out some online info about people you've newly met (or, in the case of people you've met online, are considering contacting/meeting).  I kind of assume people will, at least in said context.

:agreed:

The same as I just assume I am now on camera every time I go in a store. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 10:06:10 AM »

I'v googled the names of people from my past, not to stalk, but, to see if there was any news about them, curiosity is a powerful thing.  I certainly don't intend to contact the people I look up.  Besides on several info sites, it's expensive to get the address and othe info needed to contact.  I'm too lazy and can think of other things I would rather spend my money on.!   :laugh:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 07:24:39 PM »
I have been stalked somewhat over the internet, although it didn't last long. That's what I get for giving them my email address. Now I am very careful who I give the address to and I don't really like PMing anymore either.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae