Author Topic: Censorship on the internet or Do I live in commie China?  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Censorship on the internet or Do I live in commie China?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »
Most of the chemicals you can't get there anymore are the oxidizers you need to make fireworks.  If you know where to look and have a tax ID showing you are a business they are still available just UN was convenient and some of the stuff there is still very dangerous I can still buy thermite  for fucks sake
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 02:30:22 PM »
-CENSORED-

:zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 10:46:04 PM »
Maybe that's where Adam & Jamie get their stuff to blow up Buster with.

Go you Mythbusters!!

TheoK

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 11:40:41 PM »
Most of the chemicals you can't get there anymore are the oxidizers you need to make fireworks.  If you know where to look and have a tax ID showing you are a business they are still available just UN was convenient and some of the stuff there is still very dangerous I can still buy thermite  for fucks sake

Thermite is easily made. Fine aluminium dust and iron(III)oxide. You can buy that stuff here perfectly legal without a permit. You don't even have to be 18.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 02:03:36 AM »
Its not too difficult to buy fireworks and get it out though I suspect...

TheoK

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 02:12:56 AM »

Fireworks containing up to 1 kilo of powder are free here, except for aerial shells. Firecrackers are banned, though. The government prefers that the kids make aceton peroxide bombs instead and blow their fingers off (or kill themselves, which has also happened a couple of times). The lobby of dog owners succeeded in getting firecrackers banned in 2001.  ::)

TheoK

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 02:20:13 AM »
Homemade explosives are very popular in Eastern Europe.  8)

TheoK

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 02:23:39 AM »
Crazy Poles blowing up 53.5 kilos of ammonium nitrate (more than 100 lbs).  :green:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 02:58:35 AM »

Fireworks containing up to 1 kilo of powder are free here, except for aerial shells. Firecrackers are banned, though. The government prefers that the kids make aceton peroxide bombs instead and blow their fingers off (or kill themselves, which has also happened a couple of times). The lobby of dog owners succeeded in getting firecrackers banned in 2001.  ::)
Firecrackers I agree with banning, over here the scum who misuse them are too thick to make something else, thank fuck. Explosives are always going to be easy to make by someone intelligent and with a bit of knowledge, whats key is making sure idiots cant make them, or at least make it difficult for them...

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 03:20:48 AM »
The main reason crackers were banned here in the 70s was too many dipshits were letting them off in other kids pants. It'd be a case of 'Blew Cock Off', rather.....

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 05:05:11 AM »
The main reason crackers were banned here in the 70s was too many dipshits were letting them off in other kids pants. It'd be a case of 'Blew Cock Off', rather.....

:kevv:
batcat

TheoK

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 05:13:01 AM »
The Swedish firecrackers held only 0.8 grams of black powder ever since I was a child. They literally couldn't blow a cock off. A "film can bomb" with 25-30 grams can easily kill you or blow your whole groin into rags... Legal Austrian and Swiss firecrackers can kill you, though.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 05:15:11 AM »
The Swedish firecrackers held only 0.8 grams of black powder ever since I was a child. They literally couldn't blow a cock off. A "film can bomb" with 25-30 grams can easily kill you or blow your whole groin into rags... Legal Austrian and Swiss firecrackers can kill you, though.
Some of the stuff we have still reasonably easily accessible in the UK is lethal, fireworkwise. Asda sell some whopping great fireworks...

TheoK

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 05:19:41 AM »
I think they've banned the 4" mortars from this year on just because some drunk idiots were killed by looking down into the muzzle when the fuse was lit. Then only 3" will be allowed. Cowards.  :grrr:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 05:44:48 AM »
I think they've banned the 4" mortars from this year on just because some drunk idiots were killed by looking down into the muzzle when the fuse was lit. Then only 3" will be allowed. Cowards.  :grrr:
Lets guess, drunk people cannot light two 3" mortars instead? Idiots...