Author Topic: do you have a condom vending machine in your home?  (Read 6176 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: do you have a condom vending machine in your home?
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2008, 03:22:39 PM »
dodgy, though.  it's not just pregnancy you have to worry about...

:police:
Yes, but if you're a guy and of the mindset that life isn't worth living without sex, you will prioritize sex over your physical health.

I know I am clean and I wouldn't get with a girl who I didn't feel was clean as well. It's not like I live life on the edge or anything. I trust myself and my judgment in women.

Sorry, but that's just plain stupid. Who you "didn't feel was clean as well"?

Are you on the Spectrum, Trigger? How far will you trust your instincts? And if you are not, the same question all over again.

I have AS! Seeing as how I have never pursued a woman, and always ignored the one sthat pursued me, I've never been in the position to question my instincts. If I was out there dating different women, and sleeping around, then I would definitely wear a condom. I am just saying that for me, and my lifestyle and experience, I don't need them and don't wear them. Every girl I have slept with, except one, I have known a long time, and well enough, to feel confident. Plus, I've been tested. So I know I am clean.

The point is that you can never know. Never.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2008, 03:28:12 PM »
dodgy, though.  it's not just pregnancy you have to worry about...

:police:
Yes, but if you're a guy and of the mindset that life isn't worth living without sex, you will prioritize sex over your physical health.

I know I am clean and I wouldn't get with a girl who I didn't feel was clean as well. It's not like I live life on the edge or anything. I trust myself and my judgment in women.

Sorry, but that's just plain stupid. Who you "didn't feel was clean as well"?

Are you on the Spectrum, Trigger? How far will you trust your instincts? And if you are not, the same question all over again.

I have AS! Seeing as how I have never pursued a woman, and always ignored the one sthat pursued me, I've never been in the position to question my instincts. If I was out there dating different women, and sleeping around, then I would definitely wear a condom. I am just saying that for me, and my lifestyle and experience, I don't need them and don't wear them. Every girl I have slept with, except one, I have known a long time, and well enough, to feel confident. Plus, I've been tested. So I know I am clean.

The point is that you can never know. Never.

Not 100%! Yes! And I already agreed with that in a previous post! So why am I such a bad person? ???
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:04:38 PM by Trigger11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2008, 03:31:07 PM »
You're not a bad person. Quite the contrary, from what I know so far. I said that your strategy re protection was stupid, and that's something else entirely.

But then again, this is Intensity. Kid gloves will only get you so far.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »
You can't have it! I don't share! :P

neither does the O Man, which is why he's so snitty.

:laugh:

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #184 on: October 03, 2008, 07:38:23 PM »
I don't put myself at risk.

Unless you have super micro vision and can see infections clearly... then I'm afraid that, in my opinion (and probably the opinion of some others also), you probably have repeatedly put yourself at risk. Its true that condoms do not protect against everything... but short of abstinence, its better to be as safe as possible. No insult intended, but I'd consider you too much of a risk to get involved with sexually - this also goes for those who have been in unprotected sexual contact with you (if that were on the cards... though in reality it wouldn't be anyway - I'm not on the market - lol).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:52:08 PM by Nocturnalist! »

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2008, 07:45:22 PM »
I trust myself and my judgment in women.

Famous last words...

'They can't shoot an elephant at this dist.............' (The man who's last words those were, General John Sedgwick while others dove for cover, should not have trusted his own judgement).

'I've never felt better' - Last words of Douglas Fairbanks.

'Please know that I am quite aware of the hazards...' - So start the last recorded words of Amelia Earhart.

Trigger, you may need only to be mistaken in your practice just once. This may have already happened. It may no longer be your risk, but the risk of those who have sexual intercourse with you in the future.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:54:13 PM by Nocturnalist! »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2008, 09:26:35 PM »
You don't have to wear condoms to minimize the risk.

Agreed.

And before the hounds of AIDS hell come ripping down on me for not buying the party line, I'm paranoid enough that I don't even trust condoms by themselves (breakage). I really really don't want to be pregnant.

But I've also taken risks that relied solely on myself and my judgment of people. And while I'd happily get tested for any partner that requested it, I don't regret the risks.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2008, 11:57:03 PM »
I trust myself and my judgment in women.

Famous last words...

'They can't shoot an elephant at this dist.............' (The man who's last words those were, General John Sedgwick while others dove for cover, should not have trusted his own judgement).

'I've never felt better' - Last words of Douglas Fairbanks.

'Please know that I am quite aware of the hazards...' - So start the last recorded words of Amelia Earhart.

Trigger, you may need only to be mistaken in your practice just once. This may have already happened. It may no longer be your risk, but the risk of those who have sexual intercourse with you in the future.

I think that it depends on just how intimately you know someone before you have sex with them, Nocturnalist.

Abstinence before you know someone well enough to bet your life on having sex with them could be even safer than wearing condoms.  Do you still use them every single time after you have been married all these years?  My husband and I don't use them.  Of course we are both monogamous.  I guess that you could argue that one of us might be accidentally stuck with an infected needle at the doctor's office and then both of us could get hepatitis or AIDS if we don't use condoms, but that's not very likely.

Trigger said that he has been tested and he knows that he is healthy.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #188 on: October 04, 2008, 06:00:14 AM »
I don't put myself at risk.

Unless you have super micro vision and can see infections clearly... then I'm afraid that, in my opinion (and probably the opinion of some others also), you probably have repeatedly put yourself at risk. Its true that condoms do not protect against everything... but short of abstinence, its better to be as safe as possible. No insult intended, but I'd consider you too much of a risk to get involved with sexually - this also goes for those who have been in unprotected sexual contact with you (if that were on the cards... though in reality it wouldn't be anyway - I'm not on the market - lol).

See I thought you said you weren't interested in men at all Nocti.
Good to see you keep your options open.  :clap: You are an ass  :asthing:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #189 on: October 04, 2008, 07:41:17 AM »
/shrugs > pms elle and trig.

try telling that to my friends who are HIV positive, or who have died from AIDS-related illness.
:(  I'm sorry, Lucifer.  I think it's a poor decision to be as unsafe as trigger is saying he prefers to be, but I have also seen that guys care a LOT less about getting (or spreading) STDs than women do; it seems damn near impossible to make them care unless sex is contingent on safety.

I'm confused! I am not unsafe in my sexual practices. In all likelihood, if I was dating some girl I didn't know very well, I'd probably wait a long time, until I did or was committed anyway. But I've always ended up with virgins or girls I knew very well and intimately over a long time. Best friends with benefits kind of deals. Condoms are so impersonal. If I went around sleeping with strangers, then I would certainly wear one. I don't put myself at risk. You don't have to wear condoms to minimize the risk.

I'll have what he's having. It seems so nice to be this innocent about it all.
Herpes?   :zoinks:

Sorry; the joke was too obvious.

I think that it depends on just how intimately you know someone before you have sex with them, Nocturnalist.

Abstinence before you know someone well enough to bet your life on having sex with them could be even safer than wearing condoms.  Do you still use them every single time after you have been married all these years?  My husband and I don't use them.  Of course we are both monogamous.  I guess that you could argue that one of us might be accidentally stuck with an infected needle at the doctor's office and then both of us could get hepatitis or AIDS if we don't use condoms, but that's not very likely.

Yes, but if he's not getting the girls tested, his clean bill of health more indicates luck than skill.  With tests, though, the 'knowing the other person' thing becomes a great asset- the longer you have known someone, the better an idea of how high a risk they are to cheat on you (which would of course negate the 'clean bill of health.')
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #190 on: October 04, 2008, 10:29:25 AM »
Do you still use them every single time after you have been married all these years?  My husband and I don't use them.  Of course we are both monogamous.

My wife and I are also both strictly monogamous. I personally think condoms are horrible things... however I would use them if it wasn't for the fact I am in a completely committed and stable relationship which we both intend to last for life (so far it has lasted a little over 20 happy years). As far as I can tell, Trigger's situation is quite different from ours Callaway ;D He probably doesn't exactly sleep around, but neither has he settled with one partner for life. Doing that on a judgement of character without 'protection' is quite a dangerous and unnecessary risk.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #191 on: October 04, 2008, 10:31:10 AM »
Yes, but if he's not getting the girls tested, his clean bill of health more indicates luck than skill.

I wish I'd put it that way - lol. That's basically a large part of what I mean. :plus:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #192 on: October 04, 2008, 11:02:09 AM »

Yes, but if he's not getting the girls tested, his clean bill of health more indicates luck than skill.  With tests, though, the 'knowing the other person' thing becomes a great asset- the longer you have known someone, the better an idea of how high a risk they are to cheat on you (which would of course negate the 'clean bill of health.')

True, and if someone has not known the person for long enough to trust them before getting them tested, then even the 'clean bill of health' could be faked.

Do you still use them every single time after you have been married all these years?  My husband and I don't use them.  Of course we are both monogamous.

My wife and I are also both strictly monogamous. I personally think condoms are horrible things... however I would use them if it wasn't for the fact I am in a completely committed and stable relationship which we both intend to last for life (so far it has lasted a little over 20 happy years). As far as I can tell, Trigger's situation is quite different from ours Callaway ;D He probably doesn't exactly sleep around, but neither has he settled with one partner for life. Doing that on a judgement of character without 'protection' is quite a dangerous and unnecessary risk.

I think that Trigger is in a committed relationship and he was talking about his past.  He posted a picture of his three adorable children here:  

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,10009.msg430510.html#msg430510

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2008, 11:06:18 AM »
See I thought you said you weren't interested in men at all Nocti.

Hey I feel perfectly secure in my sexuality and simply do not mind in the least how that statement can be read. I knew somebody would bring the line up, but, quite frankly my sweet, I don't give a darn. :eyelash:

Edited to replace the word 'comfortable' with the word 'secure'.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 12:04:22 PM by Nocturnalist! »

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #194 on: October 04, 2008, 11:08:00 AM »
I think that Trigger is in a committed relationship and he was talking about his past.

Good for him :green: I'm glad he survived his past ;)