Educational

Author Topic: Caught Stimming!  (Read 2341 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Caught Stimming!
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2017, 05:33:06 AM »
  Lestat, do you drink "differently"?  As long as I can remember, I've drunk from glasses as though
   I were drinking through a straw.  My father kept mentioning the fact that I stuck my tongue in the glass.  :autism:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2017, 05:51:40 AM »
Ren-as far as that rocking back and forth on your feet, god I bet that looks hawt on you rather than like you desperately need the bog. But of course thats from someone who knows what it is. Bet it looks dead cute:)

I do that too sometimes, as well as the common enough hand-flapping stereotypy.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2017, 05:56:29 AM »
  Does anyone else here like to jump up and down?  :autism:

People forget.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2017, 07:41:39 AM »
I've been meaning to epoxy a round disk of rubber innertube from a bike tyre to the base of my piercing, the bit that goes inside my lip on the inner surface, as I have noticed some abrasion, although minor, theres a small dent in the tooth behind it.

But I plan to get my teeth done properly, as my severe acid reflux has destroyed or done severe damage to many of them. I figure, wait until the forthcoming gastroscopy, since no point getting rebuilt what will only be destroyed again. Get the issue fixed then go get the lot done at once under general. Will have to be implants since I cannot wear false teeth. Which was all I was offered when I lost the one implant I did have, given me free during childhood, after crashing headlong, or rather, tooth-long into another kid's skull during a football game at my first spesh school. He made off with half my tooth stuck in his forehead.  Lasted for a long time, but eventually I sneezed and it shot out of my mouth across the room.

Hahahaha!!!

I pace when I do my teeth. I have always done it, and don't realise when I'm doing it, it just happens. I've never understood it. It would drive my mum nuts.

CBC, I used to LOVE trampolining.
:dog:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2017, 07:43:58 AM »
Trampolining is so much fun. When I was a kid, I think our trampoline was the most used out of all our outdoor stuff.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2017, 07:52:56 AM »
I used to go to trampolining lessons, but quit in the end as there were lots of people and you only had a couple of gos of 5 minutes each. Still, it was worth it. I still have a little trampolining trophy.

You were lucky to have your own trampoline! I was only allowed a trampet. It wasn't that great.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2017, 08:06:23 AM »
I used to do trampolining myself, earned a fair few badges in it too. Used to hate the 'face drop' move though (where one aims horizontally parallel to the axis of the trampoline whilst in the air, folds arms under face and then just drop from the air, either on its own or turning it into somersaults, landing on your arse in a sitting position etc)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2017, 08:19:49 AM »
We called that a front drop, and the one with the legs straight out in front, sitting down...a seat drop. Combined it was a seat drop to front drop. A seat drop, then bouncing up into a half twist, leading to a seat drop on the other side, was called swivel hips. I found those really fun, and I would do lots of them in a row.

I didn't like the backdrop, I was scared of it. Never attempted somersaults or backflips.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2017, 08:43:48 AM »
We had a big backyard which easily fit the trampoline in. I used to do somersaults but never backflips. I don't think there are trampolining lessons here.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2017, 09:28:21 AM »
Heh I remember that seat-drop or front-drops turning into twist-somersaults or backflips used to really give my tutor the shits.

Funniest was when not doing gradings taking lessons was when we got taken trampolining by my kanner's special school, and the supervisors there fucking FREAKED when I did that kind of thing. Not having any idea I'd already done gradings and knew exactly what I was doing.

It was just the face drop I didn't like doing much, I can DO it, I just didn't LIKE it. It was just that it was unnerving landing on your face from many feet in the air, front and face first. Worth it just to shit the special ed teachers at the place up though telling me I shouldn't be doing it and seeing the look on their face.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2017, 09:15:12 PM »
I remember mum telling me something I objected to a few years ago - forgot what it was - but she said, "No, no need to flap!" So I must do it on some occasions when things aren't going right or I'm frustrated or something.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2017, 09:31:40 PM »
If you're aspie and you know it, flap your hands.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2017, 11:38:41 PM »
Oh gawd, I hate that song with the fiery passions of hell.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2017, 12:05:21 AM »
CBC, I used to LOVE trampolining.

Trampolining would probably be easier on my knees than just jumping up and down on hard floors.  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2017, 07:01:57 AM »
Heh I remember that seat-drop or front-drops turning into twist-somersaults or backflips used to really give my tutor the shits.

Funniest was when not doing gradings taking lessons was when we got taken trampolining by my kanner's special school, and the supervisors there fucking FREAKED when I did that kind of thing. Not having any idea I'd already done gradings and knew exactly what I was doing.

It was just the face drop I didn't like doing much, I can DO it, I just didn't LIKE it. It was just that it was unnerving landing on your face from many feet in the air, front and face first. Worth it just to shit the special ed teachers at the place up though telling me I shouldn't be doing it and seeing the look on their face.

The name "face-drop" sounds painful, I'm sure you're not supposed to land on your face!

I've never flapped my hands, AFAIK. I freeze up and sometimes make an "Eeee" sound though, it's usually out of excitement, sometimes anxiety. I don't realise when I'm doing it until someone gives me a funny, "I don't know what to say" look. That, and when you squeeze your muscles, you can feel it afterwards. That's the main way I can tell.

Sometimes when I'm walking, I suddenly walk faster for a moment and I don't realise it. I'm generally a fast walker anyway, but it took my friend by surprise and he asked me why I did it.