Educational

Author Topic: All Is Lost  (Read 594 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: All Is Lost
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2019, 10:23:07 AM »
If I added up all the posts I've ever made on forums and social media, it wouldn't reach 25,000. And even that feels like it's taken way too big a chunk out of my life.

What happens when you add in all the sockpuppet posts that you "did not make?"

Just curious.

I never did any sockpuppets except at WP, and that didn't last long.

Sorry, but I thought I was responding to Scr'eap about sockpuppets, not you.
I sometimes get those glaring, gawdy-ass avatars mixed up.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: All Is Lost
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 08:33:28 AM »
If I added up all the posts I've ever made on forums and social media, it wouldn't reach 25,000. And even that feels like it's taken way too big a chunk out of my life.

What happens when you add in all the sockpuppet posts that you "did not make?"

Just curious.

I have enough trouble pretending to be one person at a time.

That is why I made a personal pact to never lie at this site, except for lies of omission.

I think many of us are very uncomfortable with lying. How many times have we been deceived and taken advantage of by people we thought we could trust, and we never even saw it coming? I tend to lie a lot less often than most people, not because I have impeccable moral standards, but because I'm so bad at it.

EDIT:

We know the world aint all sunshine and roses but going through this sort of thing with your kids.... it's bloody hard.

**** EDIT: Sorry DD, I've followed your hijack. I went back and removed your story. Personally I think that we do Odeon no greater honour than rising above the silly nonsense that we go on with sometimes and using this place to connect over things like this. ****

Your tale is not all fluffy bunnies, rainbows and magical forests, either.
That shit I mentioned all happened a few months before I joined this site. I had already begun legal proceedings to stop this kind of "revealing" of innocent students. I was afraid if I talked off deposition, it would be discovered.
The puzzle people are bigger than we wee, wee insignificant families who are harmed by the shit they do.

They are still doing this kind of "awareness assembly, only to inform, mind you" and there seems to be not ONE damn thing anyone can do about it, regardless of the mounting numbers of innocent families harmed by this awareness initiative.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.