Educational

Author Topic: Reintroduction  (Read 2617 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Re: Reintroduction
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 01:53:14 PM »
No apology needed, Spokane Girl.

I'll lay out some personal info here.

I live in Southern California (Orange County, but not the rich part--I'm near Anaheim where Scrapheap lives). I'm male, in my mid-40s, generally but not rigidly libertarian in politics and social aspects. I'm a writer, and you can get a gist of my feelings about a lot of things here: crispinsartwell.com/drewhome

I love: good music (from Beatles to zydeco), good writing, coffee, sex, writing, playing music, photography, computers, Bill Hicks, Zippy the Pinhead, British comedy (Python, Hitchhiker, the Goodies, Beyond the Fringe, etc.) and movies (esp. Mel Brooks, Marx Bros and Beatles).

Anything more detailed I will also reveal but only in a PM.

Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

ozymandias

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »
That would be telling.  :P

Who is No. 1?? 

ozymandias

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 02:50:21 PM »
Hello. Say, is that a Paul Darrow on your avatar or are you just happy to see me?  :P

first person to notice  :thumbup:

That's obviously a pic of his character Kerr Avon (thank you Wikipedia!) on BLAKE'S 7. I kind of liked the show but not the series ending--too much of a downer. He also showed up as a villain several times on DOCTOR WHO. I always thought he was a good actor, but typecast as a bad guy.

Yeah, I remember that scene, pretty crappy way to end Blake's 7.  I remember one Dr. Who episode where he meets an end being aged in an instant in some kind of time beam.  Don't remember him in too much else, but, then again I haven't seen any of the Old Dr. WHo's in years.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 03:04:13 PM »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

ozymandias

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 03:41:20 PM »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 03:58:54 PM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 04:00:53 PM »
And :woohoo:, and welcome!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:03:10 PM by wandrew »

ozymandias

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 05:08:14 PM »
And you.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 05:15:15 PM »

I live in Southern California (Orange County, but not the rich part--I'm near Anaheim where Scrapheap lives). I'm male, in my mid-40s, generally but not rigidly libertarian in politics and social aspects. I'm a writer, and you can get a gist of my feelings about a lot of things here: crispinsartwell.com/drewhome

I love: good music (from Beatles to zydeco), good writing, coffee, sex, writing, playing music, photography, computers, Bill Hicks, Zippy the Pinhead, British comedy (Python, Hitchhiker, the Goodies, Beyond the Fringe, etc.) and movies (esp. Mel Brooks, Marx Bros and Beatles).

Have you met Scrapheap yet in RL?

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2008, 05:58:04 PM »

Have you met Scrapheap yet in RL?

Been meaning to but time and circumstances have prevented. Had brief PM exchange w/him on OTS which petered out, not because of animosity but we both got busy. Would like to have a beer or three with him and will be contacting him ASAHP re same.

P7PSP

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 01:59:48 AM »
Hi wandrew.

P7PSP

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 02:30:24 AM »
Parts was asking me if I was you Wandrew. Right after I joined and you were starting to get active.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 03:12:10 AM »
Welcome back. I just saw my old outburst in this thread lol.