Educational

Author Topic: Pregnancy pact among teen girls- WHAT???? WHAT????  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Pregnancy pact among teen girls- WHAT???? WHAT????
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2008, 10:20:11 AM »
There isnt that much difference really, its only a few years. And what do most people do in those few years? Either work or University, and a hell of a lot of partying. Plus having kids makes you grow up pretty fast anyway, you usually have no choice.

It would have made a huge difference to me. At 16 I had never kissed, never dated, refused to consider the possibility of love, let alone commitment. I lived with my parents and hadn't even held a part-time job. My main concerns in the outside world were finding other people I could communicate with and not making an ass of myself in high school.

I still wasn't ready to have a kid at 20, but I was closer. I lived on my own (rent paid by others), had been freelancing for three years, covered my own food and other expenses. I was in a 3-year committed relationship and sexually experienced. I didn't party.

Money sense can also have little to do with age. One of my friends started doing his parents' taxes and handling their finances when he was thirteen. Now in his mid twenties he has enough saved to consider buying a house, while one of his parents has trouble with the bills (on a 6-figure income!) and the other still relies on his management.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »
One of the girls, Lindsey Oliver, says that there was no pre-pregnancy pact, by the way.

A Gloucester High teen-ager who is five months pregnant told a national morning TV program today there was no “pregnancy pact” at the North Shore school where 17 girls became pregnant last year.

“There definitely was no pact,” said 17-year-old Lindsey Oliver, who appeared on ABC’s Good Morning America with her baby’s 20-year-old father.

Oliver called the 17 pregnancies - four times more than in a typical year - a “coincidence.”

“There was a group of girls who decided that they were gonna - they were already pregnant before they decided this - that they were going to help each other with their kids so they could finish school . . . to do the right thing was their decision not let’s get pregnant as a group,” she said.

thepeaguy

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2008, 09:30:32 AM »

I for one are are/was sick of certain people telling me what I should be doing or what I did was wrong or a mistake. Fuck them, I'm not gonna listen to them anyway, who does?

Try that attitude with the police. Go ahead, I dare ya to.

There's a valid reason for a having caution in our lives, and that's to avoid major fuck ups like going into prison long-term. No-one is truly independent unless they remove themselves from society and its restraints. Otherwise, we have to do what we can to survive in this cage we're in.

I'm gonna go out and make those mistakes for myself and learn the hard way. People who are over cautious never live life to its fullest or anywhere near it. Making mistakes is the best way to learn about life. In fact its one of the most important parts of life. If you dont learn to make mistakes well, you end up not living life. This is something I'm not good at. We are taught that making mistakes is bad when what we should be taught is how to handle mistakes, because its a fact of life that we are going to be making a hell of a lot of them.

Just sounds like self-centredness and vanity to me, not about living life to "teh full".
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 09:46:04 AM by Fisherman Jim »

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2008, 05:25:05 PM »
Long live self-centeredness and vanity, then.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2008, 12:41:52 PM »

I think that a path changing education can occur when one walks right up to very edge of "Teh Mistake,"  (what ever the fuck it happens to be)  fully inspects and understands it, then, and only then, decides to NOT "make it."
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2008, 05:55:01 PM »
It's a fine art.  :P

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2008, 04:06:04 AM »

I for one are are/was sick of certain people telling me what I should be doing or what I did was wrong or a mistake. Fuck them, I'm not gonna listen to them anyway, who does?

There's a valid reason for a having caution in our lives, and that's to avoid major fuck ups like going into prison long-term. No-one is truly independent unless they remove themselves from society and its restraints. Otherwise, we have to do what we can to survive in this cage we're in.

I'm gonna go out and make those mistakes for myself and learn the hard way. People who are over cautious never live life to its fullest or anywhere near it. Making mistakes is the best way to learn about life. In fact its one of the most important parts of life. If you dont learn to make mistakes well, you end up not living life. This is something I'm not good at. We are taught that making mistakes is bad when what we should be taught is how to handle mistakes, because its a fact of life that we are going to be making a hell of a lot of them.

Just sounds like self-centredness and vanity to me, not about living life to "teh full".

And you sound like the moral police.

Ooh sorry, I better live my life the way you want me too then.

thepeaguy

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2008, 01:50:07 PM »

Moral policeman, my arse.

And yes, an autistic spaz parent is the envy of lack-of-lifers out there. *snort*

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2008, 02:49:57 PM »

Moral policeman, my arse.

And yes, an autistic spaz parent is the envy of lack-of-lifers out there. *snort*

Anything's possible.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2008, 06:40:42 AM »
They have NO idea what they are getting themselves into a baby is not a toy or an accessory.

Our society has degenerated so much that the majority of teens have become utterly spoilt, ignorant and materialistic brats who never learnt to cope with responsibility and who believe they are entitled to experience everything without dealing with the consequences. People treating their pets of children like they're accessories is just one of the many symptoms of this phenomenon.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2008, 03:01:40 PM »
Do you have kids yourself?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2008, 05:04:45 AM »

Considering my girlfriend recently decided to study for two more years to add a Bachelor's in IT to her Master's in law, our plans to procreate have been postponed for a few years. Nevertheless, both of us are quite conservative and consider children essential in a relationship, so we're definitely having kids when the time is right even though I worry about the decadent and materialist society they'll end up in.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2008, 06:33:25 AM »

Considering my girlfriend recently decided to study for two more years to add a Bachelor's in IT to her Master's in law, our plans to procreate have been postponed for a few years. Nevertheless, both of us are quite conservative and consider children essential in a relationship, so we're definitely having kids when the time is right even though I worry about the decadent and materialist society they'll end up in.

A simple no would have been sufficiant.

But why worry what society you kids will be born into? Scared they are gonna reject all your beliefs? That would be so piss funny.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2008, 06:45:06 AM »
But why worry what society you kids will be born into? Scared they are gonna reject all your beliefs?

Considering most kids rebel against their parents, it would not be surprising if they did object to my views as they become teenagers. So that's not my worry. My worries are that they'll grow up in a society that's corrupted and degenerate, which isn't a good place to raise children.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2008, 07:13:45 AM »
But why worry what society you kids will be born into? Scared they are gonna reject all your beliefs?

Considering most kids rebel against their parents, it would not be surprising if they did object to my views as they become teenagers. So that's not my worry. My worries are that they'll grow up in a society that's corrupted and degenerate, which isn't a good place to raise children.

Has it ever been anything different though?