Educational

Author Topic: I just logged in to Isquared and who do I want to talk to?  (Read 1034 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
I just logged in to Isquared and who do I want to talk to?
« on: June 14, 2008, 03:18:03 PM »

Subject to changes or reversals and not expecting full reciprocations even and with no additional notices, of course .....

Just now, Pyraxis.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 01:14:34 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: I jsut logged in to Isquared and who do I want to talk to?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 03:26:13 PM »
 :o

Pyraxis is here?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I jsut logged in to Isquared and who do I want to talk to?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:53:56 PM »
Hmmmm.

I guess I missed you that day. I was also thinking that the notion of logging on for a reason would make an absorbing game thread, kind of like a non-combative call out of sorts, to those "friends" who have captured our attention for the moment. It just seems stupid, now, though.

At the time, I was interested in hearing more about your "biological tweaks"  comment and which types of tweaks you were talking about, specifically.

... but you were probably engaging in a brilliantly subtle form of jocularity by trying to "segue"  off some random bit of my achromatic, torn from a cast-off fortune cookie, end-of-life observations of the obvious, right?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: I just logged in to Isquared and who do I want to talk to?
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 05:55:44 PM »
You didn't see me online. You were still online when I got on and saw that comment. My best guess at the time was that you were wanting a story to sink your teeth into, in the Sex forum.

Here, I was just attempting to convey an utterly incredulous tone of voice that I'm not sure it's possible to translate into written text. As in, "I'm so baffled to see this thread, that I don't know what to make of it, but, um, I'm here if you really are looking for me?"

And now that I know what it is you actually want,  :P ...

Dunno if it would be helpful to you cause your body works differently and you already get minimal sleep. But I'm constantly frustrated by my overall lack of energy. My body is set up to believe that sleep is the cure for all ills. Can't stand the allergies itching? Sleep. Can't stand to face the day? Sleep. Can't stand today's little piece of self-realization? Fall asleep upright in my fucking chair at work and nearly make me foul up an important client review. I don't like what that says about me. I don't like that my brain so easily turns off.

So I've actually managed to get the allergies under control, at least here in Texas, and I've dealt with the bits of my brain that were upset, enough so that I'm only falling asleep at work like once every couple weeks instead of every day. Now I just have to make it so that energy and enthusiasm bolsters me naturally instead of having to be yanked out of whatever depths it's run off to this time.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 09:41:17 PM »
You didn't see me online. You were still online when I got on and saw that comment. My best guess at the time was that you were wanting a story to sink your teeth into, in the Sex forum.
Oh well ... better late than never?
Actually, I have ISP trouble at the beginning of prime-time, quite often. I find that I am loading pages at below one Kb/sec (that's NOT a typo).  I sometimes give up after a few tries and return later. That may well have been one of those days.

Interesting metaphor, "sink my teeth into."  You may have me confused with another. I'm more of a lips and tongue kind of guy. My teeth are pretty sharp.

Here, I was just attempting to convey an utterly incredulous tone of voice that I'm not sure it's possible to translate into written text. As in, "I'm so baffled to see this thread, that I don't know what to make of it, but, um, I'm here if you really are looking for me?"

You're right, incredulity and bafflement do not translate to text well, at all.

And now that I know what it is you actually want,  :P ...

Dunno if it would be helpful to you cause your body works differently and you already get minimal sleep. But I'm constantly frustrated by my overall lack of energy. My body is set up to believe that sleep is the cure for all ills. Can't stand the allergies itching? Sleep. Can't stand to face the day? Sleep. Can't stand today's little piece of self-realization? Fall asleep upright in my fucking chair at work and nearly make me foul up an important client review. I don't like what that says about me. I don't like that my brain so easily turns off.

So I've actually managed to get the allergies under control, at least here in Texas, and I've dealt with the bits of my brain that were upset, enough so that I'm only falling asleep at work like once every couple weeks instead of every day. Now I just have to make it so that energy and enthusiasm bolsters me naturally instead of having to be yanked out of whatever depths it's run off to this time.

I can remember hearing from lots of people that sleep cures all ills. I have a tough time accepting this, because I have gotten too much sleep a few times and it's like slow-walking murder.
I don't want you to think that I have mastered "sleep,"  because I sometimes can't sleep when I NEED to. (The reasons are usually related to the kids.) I go to work between four AM and six AM, three days each week. My body clock does not always correspond with the time displayed on the alarm clock.

Maybe turning off our brains is what we need to do, although at times of our own choosing. I know I can, most of the time, but I can not tell you how and I can not fully understand why I am sometimes too hyper to calm myself into sleep when I need to.

I have to admit that the worries and stresses I have with the kids and how to help them with their problems sometimes puts kinks in my "perfect execution"  of self control.
I believe that each person's need for sleep and associated routines are as individually unique as everything else about that person. There can be no solution, I fear.

Fortunately, I have the depth of music to run to when I need to escape. I don't have to dream something.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 10:42:41 PM »
Interesting metaphor, "sink my teeth into."  You may have me confused with another. I'm more of a lips and tongue kind of guy. My teeth are pretty sharp.

What, don't you catch sticks and bones when they're tossed your way?

I can remember hearing from lots of people that sleep cures all ills. I have a tough time accepting this, because I have gotten too much sleep a few times and it's like slow-walking murder.

It doesn't - beyond a certain point it hurts mood, and I've seen studies that back this up too. I just seem to become convinced at times that it might. One of my warning signs is when I prefer to be dreaming than awake.

I don't want you to think that I have mastered "sleep,"  because I sometimes can't sleep when I NEED to.

Oh, I don't think you've mastered it. I just suspect you know a few useful things I don't.

Maybe turning off our brains is what we need to do, although at times of our own choosing.

Yeah. I'm not opposed to rest when it's needed, I just get easily disgusted by my own apathy. I'd best shut up before I get emo.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 12:31:38 AM »

What, don't you catch sticks and bones when they're tossed your way?

Well, I've been on a strict diet for about fifteen years, but before that, I tried to catch every stick and bone that came my way if she still had some meat on her or at the very least, a pulse. As hungry as this old dawg is these days, I may have to start chasing stuff again.

It doesn't - beyond a certain point it hurts mood, and I've seen studies that back this up too. I just seem to become convinced at times that it might. One of my warning signs is when I prefer to be dreaming than awake.
To me that feeling is a sure sign that I am falling into another wave of generalized depression.

I don't want you to think that I have mastered "sleep,"  because I sometimes can't sleep when I NEED to.

Oh, I don't think you've mastered it. I just suspect you know a few useful things I don't.
It's not secret.
Consciously, slow your breathing, consciously relax every muscle, consciously turn off each pain, one by one, consciously wiggle free from your body and unconsciously, float away. It only takes a few minutes, but as Chief Dan George said in that Eastwood movie, "Sometimes the magic doesn't work."
It's those times that trouble me.  I'm concerned that the image/I mage is just the same as every time when it all works, building up pressure, ready for me to use, and I can't find the nipple. The failure is my own.

Maybe turning off our brains is what we need to do, although at times of our own choosing.

Yeah. I'm not opposed to rest when it's needed, I just get easily disgusted by my own apathy.

Several times, having only a few hours before I leave for work, I have remained in my chair tweaking a fractal or refining a drawing of my yet to be started  project, reading the forum or changing something around on my stereo, when I SHOULD be asleep. Apathy. Even knowing that I could rest if I would just try a little harder without a single nod, I'll carry a book to bed and spend the short time with the brain "On."

Why?
Why not try the magic?
I'd best shut up before I get emo.

The Games forum is not the place for getting emo, since it's in public view, but I've done it plenty of times. I suppose it's just a matter of time until the wrong person stops by and happens upon enough of my cryptic emo nonsense (that I pretend only my "friends" could figure out because they know what is going on in my life) that I may expected to defend my emo-ness.
I could be in for some ridicule.
:D

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 07:16:55 AM »
Well, I've been on a strict diet for about fifteen years, but before that, I tried to catch every stick and bone that came my way if she still had some meat on her or at the very least, a pulse. As hungry as this old dawg is these days, I may have to start chasing stuff again.

:laugh: And I'm the type who doesn't recognize a sexual innuendo even when it's flying through my own fingers. Don't look at me, I'm just the messenger.

To me that feeling is a sure sign that I am falling into another wave of generalized depression.

That was what I meant.

It's not secret.

That wasn't.  :P I know how to turn myself off. It's keeping myself on that I need to figure out. All I've really mastered is manipulating the circumstances around me to favor it, but surely the direct route would save a lot of fuss.

Why?
Why not try the magic?

Excellent question.

Cause speaking the words and making the motions is no substitute for power. Cause power too easily hurts people just by manifesting. Cause manifesting is still a point of contention. Cause contention is an object of craving. Cause craving is trumped by the rational. Cause rationally speaking the words and making the motions is no substitute for power.

I could be in for some ridicule.
:D

Yeah, but you so like your ridicule.  :zoinks:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 08:01:31 PM »
Jumping back in here from the midst of a place whose colors I can not determine. I apologize for obsessing over your sleeping habits (and you are not the only victim) but I need to understand this somehow.

I have a word for it: esgeni. I can not translate it from rsakk to English.

Feel free to move this to one of our ask anything threads if you want. Or I will at next response.

(esgeni) awakens my (hikaj). It seems to be a peculiar subset of fetish. I am lost, but I want it out of the unknown.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 09:45:10 PM »

You've lost me.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 10:02:40 PM »
Aw, damn. Sorry.  :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 10:41:46 PM »

Don't be, just link me to more info, if you can.

I have not heard the word esgeni before and I associate Hikaj with a city or maybe an island in one of the Indian Ocean states.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 01:01:38 PM »
Copied to my ask anything thread.

And, in a very belated attempt to salvage your original idea (not silly),

PMS ELLE.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 09:46:47 AM »
Copied to my ask anything thread.
oh

And, in a very belated attempt to salvage your original idea (not silly),

PMS ELLE.

cool

me?

odeon

ozymandias

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 06:17:54 PM »
PMS Elle   >:D