Educational

Author Topic: Feeling god  (Read 1142 times)

Offline choccybiccy

• Frequent Poster
Re: Feeling god
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 03:50:48 PM »
I like you pyraxis and you give off an extremely credible artist vibe. I have crossed over from religion to science to magic to art in my mind (I've got no problem in affiliating or dissociating with any of them) and just consider myself an artist whenever I'm writing something. I try to fit things into factual writing which can only fit into art and therefore I think everything I write is bullshit and yet I don't at the same time. (It's probably just inadequate, or not up to standards I would wish for)

Womma entity

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 04:09:12 PM »
So what is it that people are discovering, when they have the spiritual revelation?

Their inner insainity

:laugh: True dat.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2008, 04:15:59 PM »
I like you pyraxis and you give off an extremely credible artist vibe. I have crossed over from religion to science to magic to art in my mind (I've got no problem in affiliating or dissociating with any of them) and just consider myself an artist whenever I'm writing something. I try to fit things into factual writing which can only fit into art and therefore I think everything I write is bullshit and yet I don't at the same time. (It's probably just inadequate, or not up to standards I would wish for)

Yes, I'm familiar with crossing the boundaries between religion, science, art and magic, or as I think of it, between rational and intuitive thought (hence my fascination with neuroscience).

I maintain several internally consistent but contradictory belief systems. It was a major revelation the time I accepted this for what it is, and stopped beating them against each other, trying to come out with a single cohesive philosophy to explain my experience of the universe. So I often find myself answering posts from one system or another one, which throws some people off from the outside. Anyway I totally understand how everything a person writes can be both bullshit and not bullshit at the same time.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 05:12:34 PM »
So what is it that people are discovering, when they have the spiritual revelation?

Probably the same kind of chemical reactions some folks experience near death. White light and all that stuff.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 05:15:10 PM »
Summing it up (and I paraphrase House): I find it comforting to know that this not just a test.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein