Educational

Author Topic: Why did does this anti Meth ad have to be so funny?  (Read 450 times)

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
Why did does this anti Meth ad have to be so funny?
« on: May 13, 2008, 02:46:10 AM »
Seriously. Meth is a horrible drug and it's not funny.

But why did they have to make this video so hilarious? Most people think it's funny AND
won't take the hazards of Meth seriously.

I can't stop singing it MMMMMM METH MMMMMMM METH. Even though I would never touch an ounce of crank with 30 a ft pole.
Nasty filth.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 02:48:25 AM by Beatle Soul »
Park.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Why did does this anti Meth ad have to be so funny?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 02:52:33 AM »
:LMAO:

and alanis, too!

:plus:

Offline choccybiccy

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 03:16:02 AM »
Well I've been trying to find out a bit about the ad and it looks like it might have been made with help by the ad council, who are very strange indeed.  Their anti cyber-bullying campain looked like it was trying to encourage it rather than stop it and they make nasty Autism Speaks ads.

They used to go under the name of the War advertising council. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_Council

I don't trust their motives one little jot.
Womma entity

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 05:17:23 AM »
 :lol: :plus:

But at least her bathroom is clean :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 06:02:16 AM »
:lol: :plus:

But at least her bathroom is clean :zoinks:

That's the first thing I thought too. 

All she needs is a contract with a cleaning product and she can use the money from the Ad for buying more meth.....Everybody wins....

Oh....and then she could get a contract with Johnson & Johnson for a bandaids Ad too......

and a contract for an Antibacterial cream Ad for her sores....

somebody stop me.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 08:34:15 AM »

There's nothing wrong with methamphetamine per se; it's an excellent drug when used appropriately and the only notable differences between methamphetamine and dexamphetamine (which I take for ADD) are that methamphetamine lasts about a third longer in vivo and has a reduced side-effect profile.  The problems arise when people with addictive personalities smoke or inject very large doses to get high, generally using some crap that was cooked up in someone's kitchen and mixed with adulterants to bulk it out, but it's no more addictive than dexamphetamine and can be safely used at clinical doses by responsible individuals.  The main reason it's become such a widely abused drug is that it's relatively easy to manufacture and is widely available in the US, rather than because it's a 'worse' drug than other recreational and/or medicinal substances, and much of the harm from it's abuse comes from it's illegality and the nature and circumstances of those who abuse it.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 08:53:29 AM »
:rofl:
Maybe it's stupidly funny to catch the eye of the viewer?

There's nothing wrong with methamphetamine per se; it's an excellent drug when used appropriately and the only notable differences between methamphetamine and dexamphetamine (which I take for ADD) are that methamphetamine lasts about a third longer in vivo and has a reduced side-effect profile.  The problems arise when people with addictive personalities smoke or inject very large doses to get high, generally using some crap that was cooked up in someone's kitchen and mixed with adulterants to bulk it out, but it's no more addictive than dexamphetamine and can be safely used at clinical doses by responsible individuals.  The main reason it's become such a widely abused drug is that it's relatively easy to manufacture and is widely available in the US, rather than because it's a 'worse' drug than other recreational and/or medicinal substances, and much of the harm from it's abuse comes from it's illegality and the nature and circumstances of those who abuse it.
Could this argument be called reducto ad prescriptum (comparing street drugs to legal headmeds)?  Well,  :plus: anyway.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 11:16:58 PM »
Imagine being a tweaker in rehab and hearing OOHOHHHH METH MMMM METH an average tweaker would want want to smoke more shards just hearing that.
The song (not really the video) kind of glorifies meth the "mmmmm Meth mmmmm Meth" Makes Meth sound like some sexual orgasm like it's a wonderful thing.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 11:20:32 PM by Beatle Soul »
Park.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 11:20:02 PM »
Makes Meth sound like some sexual orgasm like it's a wonderful thing.

A truthful drug ad.  How unusual.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?