Author Topic: Social Niceties et al - WAS: Odeon, provide proof please.  (Read 8757 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Odeon, provide proof please.
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2008, 01:36:37 PM »
that sounds a bit more positive.   :thumbup:

the only thing i can say is the same thing i say to all my students who get the major reality check that is end of year/term/semester assessment time: take it as a lesson of what to expect in the second year, and knuckle down, if that's been the problem.

of course, i'm more likely to put it, "take it as a kick up the arse," but then, they'd expect nothing less from me.  :laugh:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2008, 02:01:27 PM »

the only thing i can say is the same thing i say to all my students who get the major reality check that is end of year/term/semester assessment time: take it as a lesson of what to expect in the second year, and knuckle down, if that's been the problem.

of course, i'm more likely to put it, "take it as a kick up the arse," but then, they'd expect nothing less from me.  :laugh:
Yup, I do need a good kick, it almost makes failing sound appealing. Thing is I would have been able to get by like this quite comfortably, if I were more well. Next year I intend to pursue a 1st quite aggressively and that includes showing up at lectures (though I have made it so that I have a lot less to go to next year :) )

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2008, 02:46:16 PM »
I can kick you if you want me to. No, no, it's no bother. Really. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »
I can kick you if you want me to. No, no, it's no bother. Really. :P
Well if you can get to Durham I would gladly take a kick if you sit my physics paper for me tommorrow... ;)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2008, 03:12:34 PM »
Sorry, I can't. I'm meeting a possible client tomorrow, halfway across *this* country.

What kind of physics?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2008, 03:32:21 PM »

Yup, I do need a good kick, it almost makes failing sound appealing. Thing is I would have been able to get by like this quite comfortably, if I were more well. Next year I intend to pursue a 1st quite aggressively and that includes showing up at lectures (though I have made it so that I have a lot less to go to next year :) )

i think that's big of you to admit that, and not to do what you used to do, and fins an excuse or someone else to blame it on.

nice one, hadron.   :thumbup:  :clap:

i think you should unfreeze your karma.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
Sorry, I can't. I'm meeting a possible client tomorrow, halfway across *this* country.

What kind of physics?
3 Quantum Questions
2 Phases of Matter (basically watered down Chemo)
2 Waves
1 Optics

Not at all pleasent, got 100 more formulas to learn for it...

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2008, 03:53:15 PM »

i think that's big of you to admit that, and not to do what you used to do, and fins an excuse or someone else to blame it on.

nice one, hadron.   :thumbup:  :clap:

i think you should unfreeze your karma.
Could do I guess.

Dont get me wrong, I still want to murder the Physics dept. There is plenty they could have done too...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2008, 04:05:50 PM »

What kind of physics?
3 Quantum Questions
2 Waves
1 Optics

I could probably handle those. It's been a while but I still remember some of it.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2008, 04:16:31 PM »

What kind of physics?
3 Quantum Questions
2 Waves
1 Optics

I could probably handle those. It's been a while but I still remember some of it.
Wish I could.. :(

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2008, 05:10:48 PM »
The plantiff should wait till he is in a good mood before making judgements about other people.

Ah yeah, psychology test reaching over 60 questions.  I have 3 fat books on natural healing methods, one over 1000 pages long, and >$50 in cost.   One of those natural healing books is more traditional, a medical book on adults.  I got some studying to do, and thanks Sue, for giving me so many deals, I want to promote your store.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2008, 08:44:27 PM »
it always amazes me when aspies moan about rules in social interation.  surely, the whole point is that it's easier to interact when there are clear rules as to how to - all you have to do islearn them.

i know i find it much more difficult these days, because social interaction is so much more informal.  when i was young, if you met someone, they said, "how do you do?", and you replied with the same, and then advanced bunnies was "pleased to meet you."  and that was it.  nowadays, apart from saying their mother's a cunt, more or less anything goes, and that's so much harder.

i like formality - it's easy.

Is it easy? I don'think I would say that because it stumps many people.

I think of it as navigable, whereas lack of structure is like rough seas at night, when luck becomes an important factor of your survival.

that's a far more poetic (and comprehensive) way of putting it, dawg.   :thumbup:

i think the place where a lot of aspies go wrong is in trying to work out why one says a certain thing according to the rules.  my take on it is whatever bizarre reason there is for the phrase/action/whatever, it's necessary in order to keep things running smoothly, for ME, so that's MY reason for doing it.

One thing that gets me are the environments where being formal is seen as a negative thing and gets bad reactions. I suppose it's more common around younger people. I don't want to be formal but I end up being seen that way and it makes people uncomfortable.

What people call a lack of structure seems just like a different set of unspoken rules to me.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2008, 06:54:52 AM »
What scares me is in trying hard to conform, one can lose their identity and sense of who they are.

I can identify with that remark.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2008, 07:07:55 AM »
I don't know about anyone else, but my decision to be here is based on me wanting to 'harden the fuck up' when it comes to how a feel about what other think and say about me.

This place has a name and a reputation, so when people make a choice to be here, there is some level of understanding of what they are in for. We are all adults here, per the rules (sure there might be a few who are lying about there age), so to me, that means all bets are off.

We each individually decide to act in a manner that we feel best represents ourselves and we make that choice on our own. If other wish to judge us by that, and they will, so be it.

Wishing others would self moderate is a cowards way of saying "I want rules here and the way people are acting towards one another upsets me".

At the end of the day you have two choices, leave or the ignore button.

Have a nice day.  :green:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »

What kind of physics?
3 Quantum Questions
2 Waves
1 Optics

Wish I could.. :(

How did it go? It was today, right?

- Albert Einstein