Author Topic: Social Niceties et al - WAS: Odeon, provide proof please.  (Read 8718 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Odeon, provide proof please.
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2008, 11:55:09 AM »
I thought the callout threads were open to discussion? But the Main Event thread was not?

Oh, that's right. I should have moved to the main event, right?

No, it's not nessecary for something as trifle as this.

Knowing Vodzy's mind will be of benefit indeed, but it is not the crux of my angst toward Odeon.

Then what is?

Bullying. True, Vodzy's actions were stupid and possibly negligent, but I don't think any action warrants calling someone an arse or cunt or what have you, and yes it happens all too frequently on this site.

Some would say that it is the way I2 is. But I prefer it's other; adult discussion where you have to back up what you say. We can still have adult discussion and waffle without resorting to childish name calling or insults.

So in a way I guess I'm calling everyone out, but I directed to you because what you said shocked me, it was not something I expected of you, which is partially due to my lack of knowledge into Vodzy's arsey actions. And as Site Owner et al, I do hold you to a certain level of behaviour; as Site Owner et al I see you as the yard stick for the site itself, same way I've always seen you, Dunc, & Callaway (as the Semi-Perm Admin), and any of the flux admins. You set the tone at which discussion proceeds on this your site, I think it should be a higher pitch.

Vodzy was wrong and I doubt your comment will weigh heavily upon him, but it takes one wrong step to start a journey into hell. There are many members who have thinner skins than Vodzy, true they shouldn't be here but they are, so think of your words next time, please.

Well, then., I'm off some.
You want to hear from Odeaon next. See, I want to hear from Vodzy, first.
I suspect that Odeaon knows something that we can not, from what has been posted.
This is why Vodzy HAS to be next.
What Odeon knows will remain, but what we don't know is Vodzy's mind.
Odeon has posted.
You logic is flawed.
Odeon never backed up his claim. You are merely assume he knew my intentions.
In Australia at least, one is innocent until PROVEN otherwise.
But you don't have free speech there?

Most of the time we do. Unlike here I must say, as evidenced by the mere presence of the Blabberizer.

WTF is that!?  :o
:yawn:

If you want moderation then:

:gotowp:

Otherwise stop whining. That is all.

ozymandias

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2008, 12:10:05 PM »
I don't think he wants moderation, and I'v known GA from several forums, just clarity for his own mind.  Then again, I'v been wrong before!   :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2008, 12:33:36 PM »

So where's the Llama??   :grrr:  I wants the llama, precioussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   :P

You called?

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2008, 12:38:08 PM »
Are you serious? It's Vodzy we are talking about. He sure didn't do cos he likes helping little old ladies across the street if you know what I mean.
And I'm sure Vodzy wouldn't have it any other way.

I think it's serious that the Webmonkey and Domain owner insults members of the site without proof (seemingly). Whether or not this is Modus Operandi for Vodzy is an aside to this. Sure character reference does go a ways to help proving someone's guilt, but it's evidence that is a the key. So what evidence did Odeon have that Vodzy deliberately posted the quote quote after Odeon's request; what evidence is there that it wasn't a deliberate action but rather a mistake? As far as I can tell there is none either way.  I always thought presumption of innocence was the way to go.

Do you know that Vodzy's previous custom title was "Odeon is Ghey," Galileo Ace?

Sometimes people here call one another names, based only on their unsubstantiated opinions.  I have been called "Cuntaway" and Odeon has been called "Ghey" and a "Nazi," among other things.  You have been called names too, as has almost every member who posts regularly.  It seems unreasonable to me to say that some members are allowed to call other people names while certain others are not.  If you believe that it's OK for Vodzy to call Odeon a name then why would it not be just as OK for Odeon to call Vodzy a name, whether or not he has "proof"?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 12:43:59 PM »
I thought the callout threads were open to discussion? But the Main Event thread was not?

Oh, that's right. I should have moved to the main event, right?

No, it's not nessecary for something as trifle as this.

Knowing Vodzy's mind will be of benefit indeed, but it is not the crux of my angst toward Odeon.

Then what is?

Bullying. True, Vodzy's actions were stupid and possibly negligent, but I don't think any action warrants calling someone an arse or cunt or what have you, and yes it happens all too frequently on this site.

Some would say that it is the way I2 is. But I prefer it's other; adult discussion where you have to back up what you say. We can still have adult discussion and waffle without resorting to childish name calling or insults.

That is your opinion. You have the right to see things your way. I have the right to disagree and behave the way I see fit.

So in a way I guess I'm calling everyone out, but I directed to you because what you said shocked me, it was not something I expected of you, which is partially due to my lack of knowledge into Vodzy's arsey actions. And as Site Owner et al, I do hold you to a certain level of behaviour; as Site Owner et al I see you as the yard stick for the site itself, same way I've always seen you, Dunc, & Callaway (as the Semi-Perm Admin), and any of the flux admins. You set the tone at which discussion proceeds on this your site, I think it should be a higher pitch.

Vodzy was wrong and I doubt your comment will weigh heavily upon him, but it takes one wrong step to start a journey into hell. There are many members who have thinner skins than Vodzy, true they shouldn't be here but they are, so think of your words next time, please.

Fair enough, but I disagree. Yes, in a way, me, Callaway, Dunc, etc, are yardsticks for the site, but on the other hand, we are also members with the same rights to be angry and frustrated and annoyed as anyone else, especially when it's about the site's security. If he thinks I overstepped, then *he* should call me out.

I don't have any respect for people who deliberately set out to create more work and worry for me. The little cunt deserved it.

P.S. Why didn't this callout happen when Dunc called Ahayes names, or when he called Cal names? Did you look the other way then?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »
I don't think he wants moderation, and I'v known GA from several forums, just clarity for his own mind.  Then again, I'v been wrong before!   :P

I would agree with this. I have the highest respect for GA, even though I strongly disagree with him on this one.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2008, 01:49:29 PM »

Come on, what else do you call someone trying to get us all to mind our P's and Q's. Or was that Arses and Cunts...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2008, 01:59:19 PM »

Come on, what else do you call someone trying to get us all to mind our P's and Q's. Or was that Arses and Cunts...

Someone with a differing opinion?

His opinion is a reasonable one, and does not equal moderation. He simply wants me to be more polite, but doesn't want to enforce it, which is what moderation really is about.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2008, 02:01:03 PM »
good point.

win/win, calloo callay, can we move on to the next drama now, please?   :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2008, 02:02:33 PM »
What *is* the next drama? :laugh:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2008, 02:03:30 PM »
oh, i'm sure there'll be one along as soon as anyone gets comfortable again.  ;)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2008, 02:03:48 PM »

Someone with a differing opinion?

His opinion is a reasonable one, and does not equal moderation. He simply wants me to be more polite, but doesn't want to enforce it, which is what moderation really is about.
To me it does, albeit an attempt at persuading us to carry out self-moderation. We do way too much of that irl already...

Politeness is just another nasty hand me down from NT society, as far as I am concerned. Just my take on it.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2008, 02:05:36 PM »
nope.  politeness is a way of getting through the bloody day, without killing each other.  it oils the wheels of social interaction, so things can run.

i'm all for politeness and respect, myself - if you ask me, there's not enough of it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2008, 02:10:39 PM »
I agree. And self-moderation is not a bad thing; someone else forcing it is.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2008, 02:45:13 PM »
I agree. And self-moderation is not a bad thing; someone else forcing it is.

Or a system. Which is what happens when we walk out of that front door.