Educational

Author Topic: Cliques and the spirit of Intensity  (Read 7884 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Cliques and the spirit of Intensity
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2008, 10:55:38 AM »
I actually don't like speaking about people when they aren't around to discuss an issue.  But, in the case of Cal I will because it's not bitching about him. 

Actually, that's why I started this in the free-for-all - cause I ultimately intended it not just to be about Cal, and this way, even those who've deleted their accounts can read it.

Also, I'll likely tell Cal that people are talking about him here, and see how long before his narcissism tempts him to come back and read it.

I do believe his mental health has gone downhill in some ways over the past year, for whatever reasons, whether it was abusing alcohol or lonliness or whatever.  And of course, I could be wrong, but that was just the feeling I got and on a personal level, I do feel sad that things went the way that they did.  Towards the end I actually avoided interacting with him, after a few discussions where I felt he was drowning in his own murk and didn't really care about anything anymore.

That's funny, I got exactly the opposite impression. What's worse, whining about how you can't die and eternally reliving memories of your relationships with the women you abused, or endless circular provocative flamewars that end up causing your well-deserved defeat?

Cal's circular arguments not only exhausted me, I actually felt if I agreed with someone on a topic, he'd start attacking and it would just kill a valid discussion, so I wouldn't even have the desire to post sometimes. 

Hey, that's classic bullying, and a good reason to oppose, but also the traditional excuse of many people who have run from Intensity.

In actual fact, he was trying to create the very thing he accused everyone else of.

Yep.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2008, 11:01:09 AM »
I agree with your analysis, Phlexor.  That's the way that I see Intensity as well.

I think that it's impossible to make Intensity a safe haven for all those people who have been rejected by other fora, simultaneously.

I'm not convinced of this yet. Probably it's impossible for all people, but I say it's possible for more people than most others think.

I think that one of Calandale's core problems is that he can't trust anyone, so he's convinced that everyone else is just as rotten and corrupt as he believes himself to be.

I'm pretty sure he trusts me more than I trust most.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2008, 11:27:32 AM »

Also, I'll likely tell Cal that people are talking about him here, and see how long before his narcissism tempts him to come back and read it.

EVERYONE STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM, NOW !!

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2008, 11:30:50 AM »
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the idea of this place was that you were free to be a twat, but just remember that people are going to call you on it. And if you cant handle it, there's the door, it's your own choice.

Express yourself all you want, it just mean everyone else is going to express themselves right back at you.

Yeah - that's a core principle. I'm not about to fight Calandale's war for him, but the ignore feature does get in the way of that.

Yes the ignore mod can make some member live in a fantasy world as they perhaps ignore the truth of what people are saying to them, but it stops members leaving while still giving them the freedom to say and act how they please.

Effectively what it does is widen the pool of members who are too easily provoked into a reaction, while narrowing the pool of those who demand to be heard.

To me, this place is about honesty. You can act how you honestly feel, but you are going to get an honest reaction out of everyone else. To make it a safe haven for the rejected would be to lie to them, just like every other place that has rules on attacking other members. And that is what will kill this place if, in the unlikely event, that something like that ever goes through.

Argh, I should have known I'd be misinterpreted.

I am not calling for a "safe haven". I'm not calling for people to be dishonest. Especially not dishonest in the amount of leeway they give people. And if there were a lot of enforced rules for how you could and could not attack people here, I'd leave.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »

:laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2008, 02:13:28 PM »

+ :-*
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2008, 02:26:44 PM »

+ :-*

**ozymandias powers up the ignore function for rapid deployment** :techprob: :vortex:

ozymandias

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2008, 02:42:17 PM »

Too late R'yleh has risen from the ocean depths.   :cthulhu: :beware: :goat: :sheep: :sheeplove:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2008, 02:42:45 PM »
has he?  where?

ozymandias

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2008, 02:45:17 PM »
Look for where Humans have gone mad and the very laws of physics are undone!   :zombiefuck:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2008, 02:48:18 PM »
ohhhhhh, crap (i.e. practically all) telly programmes, then.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2008, 02:50:33 PM »
How would you know? you don't own one. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2008, 02:55:10 PM »
i see enough on other people's tellies to make a judgement, i think, even though that's only occasionally.  when i visit my rellies, i can hardly believe the shite on the telly.

Online DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2008, 03:40:51 PM »

:laugh:

:D

....... but NOooo!

I won't stop talking about him.

not sure about the graphic

I can see an "S" and maybe an exclamation point, but i have yet to gather it all to my own demeanor. I wish I could now.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 03:45:14 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2008, 04:17:29 PM »
keep working on it.  ;)