Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now?  (Read 127556 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: How are you feeling right now?
« Reply #6075 on: July 14, 2010, 09:24:11 AM »
I felt shitty yesterday, and I feel a bit better today, but still not great.

Hope you continue to improve. Are you ill in some specific way, or just feeling run-down?  :-\

I've been readjusting to my meds after taking a break from them, and I get some issues with sleep disruption for 3-5 days after I resume my meds.  I've also been trying to shift my sleep cycle back by 4 hours, which I find difficult and disruptive; I've been struggling to regulate my sleep for a few months now, and my sleep cycle tends to creep forwards over time and requires periodic corrections. The meds used to be quite effective at stabilising it, but they're not doing such a great job these days.  I've also been dipping in and out of mild depression with increasing frequency and duration for the past 6 months.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6076 on: July 14, 2010, 09:25:22 AM »

Hope you continue to improve. Are you ill in some specific way, or just feeling run-down?  :-\

I've been readjusting to my meds after taking a break from them, and I get some issues with sleep disruption for 3-5 days after I resume my meds.  I've also been trying to shift my sleep cycle back by 4 hours, which I find difficult and disruptive; I've been struggling to regulate my sleep for a few months now, and my sleep cycle tends to creep forwards over time and requires periodic corrections. The meds used to be quite effective at stabilising it, but they're not doing such a great job these days.  I've also been dipping in and out of mild depression with increasing frequency and duration for the past 6 months.

Has your doctor been of any help, with either the sleep problems or the depression?  ???
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6077 on: July 14, 2010, 10:16:11 AM »

Has your doctor been of any help, with either the sleep problems or the depression?  ???

I discussed my sleep issues with my psychiatrist last time I saw her and I told her that I wanted to try modafinil to see if it would help with my daytime sleepiness, but she didn't know anything about the drug and needed to do her homework before she makes any recommendations to my GP, and she asked me to make a chart of my sleep, so I've been keeping an hour-by-hour record of when I've been sleeping, the quality of sleep, when I've been awake, how sleepy I've felt while awake and what days I've been on or off my meds.  My next appointment is in a little over a week, and I'll see what happens. She might refer me to a neurologist.

The depression has been masked by my sleep problems and issues with my meds, so it's crept up on me and it's only today that I recognised it as something separate from the other issues, and I'm still somewhat unsure about it.  I've tried various anti-depressants in the past and I didn't react well to them, but I have a better idea now of what's likely to agree or disagree with my neurochemistry, and I might give them another try at some point.  I don't want the psychiatrist to get side-tracked into treating the depression while ignoring the sleep problems though, so I'll probably wait a while before I raise the issue with her.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6078 on: July 14, 2010, 03:02:36 PM »

I've been readjusting to my meds after taking a break from them, and I get some issues with sleep disruption for 3-5 days after I resume my meds.  I've also been trying to shift my sleep cycle back by 4 hours, which I find difficult and disruptive; I've been struggling to regulate my sleep for a few months now, and my sleep cycle tends to creep forwards over time and requires periodic corrections. The meds used to be quite effective at stabilising it, but they're not doing such a great job these days.  I've also been dipping in and out of mild depression with increasing frequency and duration for the past 6 months.

I discussed my sleep issues with my psychiatrist last time I saw her and I told her that I wanted to try modafinil to see if it would help with my daytime sleepiness, but she didn't know anything about the drug and needed to do her homework before she makes any recommendations to my GP, and she asked me to make a chart of my sleep, so I've been keeping an hour-by-hour record of when I've been sleeping, the quality of sleep, when I've been awake, how sleepy I've felt while awake and what days I've been on or off my meds.  My next appointment is in a little over a week, and I'll see what happens. She might refer me to a neurologist.

The depression has been masked by my sleep problems and issues with my meds, so it's crept up on me and it's only today that I recognised it as something separate from the other issues, and I'm still somewhat unsure about it.  I've tried various anti-depressants in the past and I didn't react well to them, but I have a better idea now of what's likely to agree or disagree with my neurochemistry, and I might give them another try at some point.  I don't want the psychiatrist to get side-tracked into treating the depression while ignoring the sleep problems though, so I'll probably wait a while before I raise the issue with her.

I'm glad you have an appointment and that there seems to be an actual interest in treating the sleep problem. I hope it gets resolved soon. Sleep deprivation sucks.  :(
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 03:36:37 PM by couldbecousin »

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6079 on: July 14, 2010, 03:32:29 PM »
Feeling OK.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6080 on: July 14, 2010, 04:14:18 PM »
Quite proud over my purchase of an awesome desk.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #6081 on: July 14, 2010, 04:51:08 PM »
In a awesome mood. :viking:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6082 on: July 14, 2010, 07:17:05 PM »
Content to be home again and back online!  ;D

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6083 on: July 15, 2010, 02:50:46 AM »
Tired. Just got up.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6084 on: July 15, 2010, 05:02:11 AM »
Tired. Just got up.

Me too, need :coffee: !

People forget.

Offline SBI_Patience

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #6085 on: July 15, 2010, 05:08:53 AM »

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6086 on: July 15, 2010, 06:43:13 AM »
A little bloated.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6087 on: July 15, 2010, 06:47:17 AM »
its a nice day

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6088 on: July 15, 2010, 10:40:57 AM »
Intoxicated.

- Albert Einstein

Offline SBI_Patience

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #6089 on: July 15, 2010, 03:12:34 PM »
Sore.... Eyes are sore still from this morning.