Author Topic: Because this place is so full of sensitive souls...  (Read 439 times)

Offline Janicka

• Concertmaster of the Aspie World Elite Orchestra
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Nicolo Paganini's Slovakian Prostitute
Because this place is so full of sensitive souls...
« on: April 10, 2008, 05:05:55 PM »
(I'm so full of shit....)

Really, though...  There is a particular environmental conservation group of string instrument makers/players that I feel very strongly about supporting.  Problem is, their website sucks ass.  Seriously.  Like pictures are floating off the banner, text is superimposed over other text.  Anyway, I want to ask them if I can support them by assisting with their website, but I am afraid that I'll offend them.  And these are some of the most famous people in the bow-making and string instrument industries, so I don't particularly want to offend them.  I've made several websites - very nice ones (I'll PM interested parties this shitty website and the ones that I currently manage).  What's a good way to to ask...  Thoughts?

"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Because this place is so full of sensitive souls...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 05:30:22 PM »
you can PM me. i'll give you a lay opinion.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »
I will give You a Ordained opinion. :lol:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 09:35:32 PM »
I'll give you my opinion about laying you.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »
Sure PM me, as I have done a small amount of website stuff before (long time ago).   I would say that you need to be polite, but just say you can help them with the site.  You should definitely let them know that you support their cause.  If they are interested in what changes you would make, break it to them softly about the design, try not to be too harsh.   They could be pretty reasonable people and might be appreciative. 

Is it going to be a well informed opinion, Peter?
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 11:09:26 PM »

Only insomuch as I know what I don't know, and thus will decline to lay until more information becomes available.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 11:12:56 PM »

Only insomuch as I know what I don't know, and thus will decline to lay until more information becomes available.
Exactly, data mining.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 08:00:01 AM »

Exactly, data mining.

Declining to fuck someone I know almost nothing about isn't data mining.  A basic form of data mining would be searching through their posts for pertinent information, which I've no desire to do.

ozymandias

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 10:53:21 AM »
I'd be interested in other acoustic guitar sites that have other "late learners" of the instrument.  I belong to one now...  chordie.com

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 04:26:44 AM »
I want to ask them if I can support them by assisting with their website
That seems a nice enough thing to ask - just like that.
I've made several websites - very nice ones.
You could link them to your work when you ask. But I don't know how you could find out who made their site, if it were one of the regular members, you might insult without meaning to. If they employed someone to make the site, then that is a different story, heh.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae