Author Topic: my new avatar  (Read 6210 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: my new avatar
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2006, 03:43:07 PM »
hot?

is that like bad=good
or
bad=bad?
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »
hot?

is that like bad=good
or
bad=bad?

I think she means that feeling you get when you ate too many chillis last night and now your rectum is in a sulk and your anus is getting scared.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2006, 09:36:13 PM »
Man I don't know why you guys have to stoop so low as to insult my looks.

didn't mommy and daddy ever tell you? Beauty is within the eye of the beholder. Everyone has their own perception of who is hot and who is not.

Lets take hale_bopp for example:

Many people think she's hot stuff while I've heard other people on this board disagree.

You see attrraction is based on your perception of a person. Lets say you meet an attractive girl however her personality sucks. She's boring, shallow, annoying, and stupid. Suddenly that girl doesn't look so attractive anymore. But it can also work in the reverse way, a woman who seen as plain looking or not that attractive might have a really good personality, and is fun to be around. The guy is kind of reluctant because she's not that attractive. However as he gets to know her, that person suddenly becomes attractive in his eyes. As he falls more in love with her, she slowly starts to become the most beautiful girl in the world.

So you see insulting someone's physical appearence is pointless. I have never seen a general consensus that I am ugly except on this board. I guess what makes this place come to a general consensus that I am ugly is possibly for two reasons:

A) I do not fit into someone's perception of an attractive male. Now keep in mind the picture that mcjagger decided to jab at is not the best one of me.

B) Everyone's perception of me is skewed because no one on this board seems to like me.
 :'(

:laugh: Ya you guys think I am losing sleep over this? I don't think so. A lot of you don't like me because you have biased based upon one particular thread. One thread does not say alot about a person. I will admit i am a very complex person. You'd have to read through all 900 some posts on WP to really get know me. Sure your going to find some stupid posts, but you'll also find some good ones.

So in all retrospect insulting someone's physical appearence is pointless. Their's more to a person then what they look like on the outside. God some of you are as deep as a puddle.

Oh and BTW for the males that are judging my looks tell me something are you insecure about your sexuality? You should be especially judging the physical appearences of people who are the same sex.

just some food for thought. 8)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2006, 03:33:14 AM »
A) I do not fit into someone's perception of an attractive male. Now keep in mind the picture that mcjagger decided to jab at is not the best one of me.

You're right; I've seen a pic of you where you do look kind of good, on a few technical points, if still not to my tastes.

B) Everyone's perception of me is skewed because no one on this board seems to like me.

Yep.  Sucks, doesn't it?  Make us like you and we'll think better of your looks.

A lot of you don't like me because you have biased based upon one particular thread. One thread does not say alot about a person. I will admit i am a very complex person. You'd have to read through all 900 some posts on WP to really get know me. Sure your going to find some stupid posts, but you'll also find some good ones.

This is quite true; most of my perception of you is built on your intensity post, when I first noticed you existed, and your subsequent posts, which haven't been terribly impressive either.  I'm not going to read your post history to find out what a nice guy you are; I'm going to leave it up to you to show me with the posts you make from now on.  Maybe with time I'll see more and more good things about you, or maybe you'll reinforce my perception of you as a twat.  Your choice.  Whatever happens, I'll be seeing the Jman of today; not the Jman of many months ago.

Oh and BTW for the males that are judging my looks tell me something are you insecure about your sexuality?

I'm extremely secure about my sexuality, thanks very much.  So secure that I can judge other guy's appearances without worrying in the slightest that I'm gay.  The WP photo thread has some really quite hot guys on it, but you come out just about average.  Hit a gym and lift some weights; it could do wonders for you.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2006, 05:33:52 AM »
jman sayeth;
Man I don't know why you guys have to stoop so low as to insult my looks.

kinda like stooping so low as to pick on someones grammar.

w-w-w-w-w-w-would y-y-y-y-yo-yo-you m-m-m-m-m-make f-f-f-f-f-un o-o-o-f m-m-m-m-me i-if i-i-i- had a st-st-st-st-stut-stuttering p-p-pr-pr-problem?
Misunderstood.

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2006, 05:41:12 AM »
w-w-w-w-w-w-would y-y-y-y-yo-yo-you m-m-m-m-m-make f-f-f-f-f-un o-o-o-f m-m-m-m-me i-if i-i-i- had a st-st-st-st-stut-stuttering p-p-pr-pr-problem?

n-n-n-n-n--n--n-nno of course not. suttering is a nuerological impairment just like AS.

BIG EAMONN!

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2006, 05:41:39 AM »
Wow, jman, that was quite a deep and insightful post. I guess your just not a pretty face afterall.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2006, 06:04:45 AM »

n-n-n-n-n--n--n-nno of course not. suttering is a nuerological impairment just like AS.

n-nn-n-ot  n-n-nn-ecces-s-ss-arr-r-r-r-ill-ll-ll-ly.
Misunderstood.

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2006, 06:09:48 AM »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2006, 06:20:05 AM »
AMAZING.

apparently i don't have aspergers at all, i'm just a stutterer.

can anybody else see the similarities;

from wikepedia:

Like most other speech disorders, stuttering begins in early childhood, when a child is first developing his or her speech and language skills. The vast majority of stutters develop between the ages of two and five, with many stutterers outgrowing their stutter before adolescence. Most stutters manifest before the age of 7, although there have been rare cases of a stutter developing later. Almost all children go through a stage of disfluency in early speech, but when a child displays signs of a serious stutter, it is wise to seek professional help because stutters are much easier to prevent or lessen in their early stages. Stuttering can become a serious disability, and an untreated stutter usually becomes worse with time. For a developing child, a stutter can cause lower self-esteem and can increase anxiety and stress, all of which serve to worsen a stutter. Stutters can and often do hamper social development and limit educational and professional opportunities.

As speech and language are difficult and complex skills to learn, almost all children have some difficulty in developing these skills. This results in normal disfluencies that tend to be single-syllable, whole-word or phrase repetitions, interjections, brief pauses, or revisions. In the early years, a child will not usually exhibit visible tension, frustration or anxiety when speaking disfluently and most will be unaware of the interruptions in their speech. With young stutterers, their disfluency tends to be episodic, and periods of stuttering are followed by periods of relative fluency. This pattern remains through all stages of a stutter's development, but as the stutter develops, the disfluencies tend to develop more into repetitions and sound prolongations, often combined together (e.g., "Lllllets g-g-go there").

Usually by the age of 6, a stutter is exacerbated when the child is excited, upset or under some type of pressure. Also around this age, a child will start to become aware of problems in his or her speech. After this age, stuttering includes repetitions, prolongations, and blocks. It also becomes more and more chronic, with longer periods of disfluency. Secondary motor behaviors (eye blinking, lip movements, etc.) may be used during moments of stuttering or frustration. Also, fear and avoidance of sounds, words, people, or speaking situations usually begin at this time, along with feelings of embarrassment and shame. By age 14 , the stutter is usually classified as an "Advanced stutter," characterized by frequent and noticeable interruptions, with poor eye contact and the use of various tricks to disguise the stuttering. Along with a mature stutter come advanced feelings of fear and increasingly frequent avoidance of unfavorable speaking situations. Around this time many become fully aware of their disorder and begin to identify themselves as "stutterers." With this may come deeper frustration, embarrassment and shame.

It is important to note that stuttering does not affect intelligence and that stutterers are sometimes wrongly perceived as being less intelligent than non-stutterers. This is mainly due to the fact that stutterers often resort to a practice called word substitution, where words that are difficult for a stutterer to speak are replaced with less-suitable words that are easier to pronounce. This often leads to awkward sentences which give an impression of feeble mindedness. Stuttering is a communicative disorder that affects speech; it is not a language disorder?although a person's use of language is often affected or limited by a stutter.
Misunderstood.

BIG EAMONN!

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2006, 06:23:22 AM »
Mcjagger, i thought it is a depersonalisation disorder that you have?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2006, 06:27:35 AM »

;)

:D :P :-*
Misunderstood.

Offline baby

• Fairy Princess
  • Constant Poster
  • you say naughty like its a bad thing!
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2006, 11:32:03 AM »
hot?

is that like bad=good
or
bad=bad?

i'm mean hot as in sexy and good looking

baby

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2006, 11:44:33 AM »
Wow, jman, that was quite a deep and insightful post. I guess your just not a pretty face afterall.

Thats right Eamonn, I am MORE than a pretty face. :-*

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2006, 12:52:43 PM »
BABY,

questions that were lost in your intro thread.

since i have your attention here, thought maybe you'd like to answer.

Callaway asked;

Hi Baby.  I have three questions for you. 

Are you over 21?

Does your mother know about your plan to fly to the US to meet Jman?

If so, what does she think of this plan to fly so far to meet him when you barely know him?

You commented once that people treat you like a preschooler.  It could be that the name Baby evokes an image of someone who still wears nappies.  Did people treat you differently when you had a different name?

Misunderstood.