Author Topic: Stoning  (Read 1804 times)

Sophgay

Re: Stoning
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2008, 11:48:43 AM »
So do i
Rape makes me angry   >:(

Even today, women who have been raped aren't treated properly, especially by the authorities
It's not surprising that a lot of women don't go to the police

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2008, 12:08:12 PM »
Yeah, I felt like SG's mom did - felt like I'd done something to provoke it by my clothes or by something I said or did.  I shouldn't have agreed to go to his place, shouldn't have drank so much, shouldn't have flirted with him, etc.  That will always stay with me, even if I know that he was the one who stepped over the line.  It was always so difficult for me to know how to act on dates anyway, because most guys seemed to interpret my enthusiastic interest in them as nothing but a sexual come-on.  That always confused me and made me feel ashamed, because I've always been very outgoing and talkative.  And of course I did find those guys attractive, but I wasn't trying to jump them, nor did I want them to jump me.  So when that happened I blamed myself for "being myself," that I was a bad person for having the kind of personality I have.

hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Sophgay

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2008, 12:11:23 PM »
I think it's fucked up that women are made to feel like it's in any way their fault. By the way they dressed or acted or something they said or whatever. I remember Sophie saying things like that after it happened to her, it makes me feel sick to think about it. That not only are they doing that to them, but they're putting them through even more shit afterwards, by making them believe things like that.

Offline Tristeza

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2008, 12:20:27 PM »
I think it's cultural conditioning for women to feel that way.  It wasn't anything that guy said or did to me specifically that put that in my mind.  I just assumed it because of all I'd been taught about guys not having good self-control.  I didn't feel like I deserved it or that I asked for it consciously.  I just felt like I fucked up and it was my fault, even though he had me afraid for my life.  I was seriously glad to have gotten out alive at the time.  I was imagining the worst, that he was going to kill me and how much that would hurt the people who cared about me.

thepeaguy

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2008, 12:38:10 PM »
It gets rid of them though, so we don't have to pay to keep them alive. Child abusers, rapists, murderers - some of these should just be executed if proven guilty

The Norwegian Peter Mackenzie.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »
That guy is beyond annoying he's painful to listen to or even look at
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tristeza

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2008, 01:16:41 PM »
Looks like he's speeding, too.  Look at his eyes.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »
Truly, we were separated at birth.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Tristeza

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2008, 01:23:56 PM »
Do you talk that fast, Peter?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2008, 01:30:28 PM »
Do you talk that fast, Peter?

No, I'm usually very mellow and talk slowly.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Tristeza

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2008, 01:46:23 PM »
It's hard for me to regulate the pace at which I speak.  If I don't know someone well, I talk really slowly and ramble.  If it's someone I know well, I talk so fast I sound cartoonish.  It's embarrassing.

thepeaguy

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2008, 01:49:32 PM »
Anyway, Pete, do you agree with the guy, or do you find that he's talking shit -- like me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2008, 03:07:36 PM »
Anyway, Pete, do you agree with the guy, or do you find that he's talking shit -- like me?

I agree with some of what he says.  To me, we're all just biological machines that operate deterministically to at least a large degree, but we're also complex chaotic systems, so accurate long term predictions of our behaviour are difficult.  We're like the weather; it all comes down to the physics of molecules in the air, but the system is sufficiently complex that predictions of future behaviour are vague at best, and subject to error.  As to the criminal justice element of the video, I think he's right; criminality is a product of circumstance, both internal and external, and many criminals do indeed have cognitive dysfunctions which, if they could be repaired, would greatly reduce their risk of reoffending.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2008, 08:28:14 PM »
I don't think many women report men after they're raped. 

I remember reading that it's estimated at about one in three.
But, I suspect it's gone up - the stigma was worse, before.