Educational

Author Topic: Stoning  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Stoning
« on: March 22, 2008, 07:26:09 AM »
A couple of videos:

http://www.amitiesquebec-israel.org/texts/stoning.wmv
(A guy gets flogged first, then a couple of women get stoned; it gets increasingly grizzly towards the end.)

http://tomorrowpictures.tv/labels/Stoning.html#
(Girl is stoned by a lynch mob.)
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Stoning
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 10:35:46 AM »
What the hell is wrong with them and don't give me that fucking it's a different culture and that I wouldn't understand.  They are people and this is disgusting no matter who or why it's done period.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 10:41:12 AM »
ditto, amen and i agree! :-*
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Persona

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 11:47:43 AM »
What does that makes us though?

We have the death penalty.

Sophgay

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 12:04:12 PM »
we don't stone people to death for having sex

Persona

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 12:16:30 PM »
We do send them to the electric chair or inject them with poison.

The logic here is a bit twisted.  By murdering prisoners we're stooping down to their level.  It certainly won't undo any of the crimes they had committed.

A lot of people are put on death row when innocent.

Sophgay

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 12:19:20 PM »
It gets rid of them though, so we don't have to pay to keep them alive. Child abusers, rapists, murderers - some of these should just be executed if proven guilty
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 01:05:43 PM by Soph »

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 12:29:06 PM »
The chair is now rare. The injection is very common now. In the 90's the injection was starting to become popular but the chair was still very common. I got this info on deathpenaltyinfo.org. They have a list of inmates who have been executed since 1976 and it says what method they died by. That's how I got the info. I think we still use the gas chamber but it hasn't been used since 1999 and only 11 people have died in it since 1976. Only two US states do hanging. It used to be three but one of them got rid of the method. I can't remember if it was Washington or Montana but they do have lethal injections too.

They used to execute the mentally retard but the US supreme court finally outlawed it in 2002, now all they get is life sentences now which still doesn't make sense.

The reason why I don't like the death penalty is because innocent people die, two wrongs don't make it right. There are 12 states that don't have it. Michigan was the first one to abolish it.

Sophgay

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 12:33:56 PM »
I don't think it's wrong to kill someone who's raped and murdered a 6 year-old (for example). It doesn't make it right, but I don't see it as being wrong either.
Although in most cases, I'd say keep them alive to live with what they've done, as punishment, as I don't think death is severe enough. Death is an easy way out for someone like that. But they don't have it hard enough in prison. I don't mean in general, I mean the ones who REALLY deserve to suffer. tbh, there are some kinds of people who, if it was up to me, would just be put in a cage and tortured. But (luckily for some), it's not up to me.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 12:47:59 PM »
I do not support the death penalty for anyone

George Bernard Shaw

Sophgay

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 12:51:43 PM »
I used to be anti-death penalty
I hate people more now though and I'm more of an angry person
Especially certain kinds of criminals (child abusers really make me angry)
I don't get why people think it's so terrible (unless the person executed may be innocent)
But if they're proven guilty, is it really that bad? Death ends everything for them. They don't have to live with what they've done.
They get an easy way out. I'm not saying death is an easy way out in all circumstances, but as a punishment, death is nothing.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 01:06:45 PM »
I just feel the state should not be executing anyone.  There is the question of people wrongly convicted and the whole mental illness issue.  Better to let them rot and have mandatory physiological testing and experimenting to find out what went wrong with them.   Also I think life in jail is a much harsher penalty for most people to deal with then just getting it over.
If someone is killed while committing a crime too bad or them  but once they are in custody that's it.   As for people like say Bin Laden solitary and feed him only pork and beer >:D

George Bernard Shaw

Sophgay

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 01:08:56 PM »
ok I can agree with that :laugh:
I think we should test alsorts on criminals
It would be more accurate, and stop animal rights protesters complaining at the same time :P

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 01:13:50 PM »
i don't believe in the death penalty.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 01:15:24 PM »
i don't believe in the death penalty.

Well it exists so you have to believe it's there :P