Educational

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 209 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Politics
« on: March 07, 2008, 04:15:35 AM »
I usually stay away from politics because it is a very strong topic and people feeling threatened when you don' agree with them or you don't have the same opinion as them so they think they have to defend themselves by attacking you by calling you name, putting you down. So I tend to keep my thoughts to myself when it comes to politics but when I am willing to be flamed and all, I will make a post in politics. On another forum, someone posted an article in this thread:

http://abdlstoryforum.myfastforum.org/about709.html

and you can tell some of them there are conservative and they support the war and Bush while the majority of people don't. I think there are lot of conservative people on that forum but I don't let it stop me from posting there.

I posted this of course:
Call me an idiot all you like conservatives. Lot of people are sick of the war and want it to be done, we can't even afford this war and making money just to pay for it is really effecting our country, we can't win this war, they want us to withdraw and it will all stop, did Japan keep fighting us when we dropped two nuclear bombs in their country? No, they surrendered, and the war ended between us. Very few people are still proposed to the Iraq war. Bush lied to get us in and now we want to get out. That's one of the reasons why people want him impeached. I don't see the point anymore because his term is about up and the upcoming elections will be held this November and Bush will be out in January.
Did you guys know Bush has lost lot of support for him? It went way down and hasn't been that bad since Nixon. I heard that on the news when I was still living Montana. When I last heard I saw it was down to 42 percent according to the polling they did on the internet and I have heard the percentage went down more ever since. Lot of people I know don't like him, he is seen as a terrorist by people in other countries. I have heard them say it on the other forums I go to. I see lot of Bush bashing. Just call us all idiots all you like while we can do the same with you. This is the main reason why I stay away from politics most of the time because people feel threatened by your opinions so they feel they have to defend themselves by attacking you. The reason why I'm posting this is because I am feeling tough to be flamed and not give a shit. I find it funny because it's so pathetic.

I didn't really post my opinion about the war (okay a little), just the fact that lot of people want out, the reason why people want him impeached, the percentage of his support is low and that is a fact because I have heard it on the news and I was a little surprised because he won the second election but my guess is the majority whom voted for him stopped supporting him. Katrina is my theory of what made Bush lose more support from people.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Politics
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 12:29:29 PM »
I really wish I could stay out of politics, but I am always annoyed by conservatives.

richard

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »
wtf kindof forum is that? adults who want to be kids and babies again?  :LMAO: :orly:

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 01:56:41 PM »
Well spokane, I agree this war is senseless, we can't just suddenly pull out, Iraq would become completely destabilized again., however I am not like George Bush who wants to stay there for 100 years and whatever the fuck it was. The gov't needs to run their own country, but we need to pull out slowly.

Though, I never saw the point of America trying to spread democracy everywhere. We don't even live in a true democracy.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 03:04:21 AM »
I just skimmed the thread and am reading it still. There is a drama going on there. Fred is being attacked because of his beliefs. He is being called a moron and someone told him he is ignorant about his history/politics just because he said Bush is the worst president ever and the forum owner is egging him on.

I noticed how no one has attacked me, simply because I said to call me an idiot all they like and me saying I am posting it because I am feeling tough to be flamed and not give a shit?

I've learned tricks over the years like how to shut people up, how to keep them shut up, how to keep people from attacking you.

EDIT: He was called a moron because he got some facts wrong. Like saying we have been in war for 8+ years.
I still wish people wouldn't call people names though because they got some facts wrong. If they're shown the facts and they still don't believe it, then you can call them names, maybe they will learn to listen. That's why I don't like making mistakes, because I feel stupid and I admit it when I make one just so people can't put me down because I had already admitted it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:51:52 AM by Spokane Girl »