Start here > Ask Away Threads

ask me anything - mcj answers them

(1/206) > >>

McGiver:
i will shock you, i will annoy you, i will make you laugh and i will make you cry.
yes its mcj the ask away thread.? the feel good thread of the summer.

now don't be shy, give it a try and i will answer all your questions, why...

Randy:
What is your choosen career?

McGiver:
I am in the greatest, strongest, labor union in the world.

i am a longshoreman.
i belong to ILWU Local 13, LA/LB Harbors.

proud to be what i am.

during college i was particularily interested in law.  i wanted to become a lawyer, but soon learned that it is difficult to make a living out of law unless:
a.) you already have money
b.) are willing to sacrifice your integrity

then i was fascinated by politics.  but quickly learned:
that you cannot be a successful politician unles:
a.) you have an amazing capacity to make concessions
b.) are willing to be molded by a political parties interests
c.) have no moral character, whatsoever.

i knocked up my girlfriend after 3 years of college and decided to make some real money.  i put my feelers out there and came up with an application to become a casual longshoreman.  i took it and the rest is history.
ps-i married the girl to make her honest.  we are still married.  there are secrets to a successful marriage, you know.

Callaway:
What are your secrets for a successful marriage?

McGiver:
space and patience. (my wife gives me both)

really i think that the key ingredient is that both members need to give the other each of these when it is necessary.

too many people want imediate resolution, and sometimes it is both space and patience which helps the problems work themselves out.
i am not saying if you forget it then it will go away.  what i am saying is that oft times providing time and distance between the situation and the moment which it is hammered out, provides a nice calming of tempers.
lets be honest, every relationship has problems.  this is the best way to keep the problems from manifesting themselves.

there is more, but i gotta run now.  my pregnant wife is hungry, and that is another example to make note of.  feed the pregnant lady, NOW!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version