Start here > Free For ALL

Giving places/stuff/people nicknames

<< < (9/9)

Al Swearegen:

--- Quote from: Minister of silly walks on July 10, 2018, 11:51:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Al Swearengen on July 10, 2018, 11:45:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Minister of silly walks on July 10, 2018, 10:49:30 PM ---My friend has nicknamed his son "Frosty".

On account of how he spent 9 years in the deep freeze before being used to make his mother pregnant, and joining his 9-year-old twin sister.

My wife calls me "Mr Dutch Oven".

--- End quote ---

I was thinking of giving you a nickname too. "Goofy Mother fucker" is heading the mental list

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Tequila:
Skipton = Skippy (although I wasn't aware of the kangaroo) - basically, thinking of it as a place for pies and pints.  No-one calls it that there.

A beer emblematic of Skipton:

Lestat:
There's always the good old fashioned 'willy pete' for white phosphorus.

And 'hypo', often used for the photo chemical sodium thiosulfate, more familar, although  I don't use it for the purpose of cooking ice, I know of those who do, as shorthand for hypophosphorous acid. Used along with iodine in a similar sort of pseudoephedrine/ephedrine reduction to meth, although due to its potential to generate deadly phosphine gas if overheated, not a risk I am prepared to take, as PH3 is a most objectionable chemical. Its extremely toxic, it smells foul, if one is fortunate enough, if smelling it at all to survive the experience, a rotting fishy kind of stink, and generally phosphine is co-generated with P2H6, diphosphine, which is pyrophoric, igniting spontaneously on contact with air, and if one is fortunate, burning both itself and the phosphine awa before it can poison anybody fatally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version