Educational

Author Topic: Rate the persons avatar above you  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Rate the persons avatar above you
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2018, 07:52:49 PM »
My avatar is a photoshop image I did. The guy in the middle is me, the ones beside me are my cat, and Chris Marker (an obscure filmmaker)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2018, 08:20:03 PM »
My avatar is a photoshop image I did. The guy in the middle is me, the ones beside me are my cat, and Chris Marker (an obscure filmmaker)
Thanks for the explanation. Didn't even realize that's a cat. :laugh:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2018, 09:13:30 PM »
I like Jack's silver jack. The only time I've seen jacks played was on an American tv show when I was a kid. Marbles are more commonly played here.

DirtDawg - I don't agree with cats being declawed either. It's against the law to do it in Australia. I once got angry with someone on Facebook who said they were going to get their cat declawed because it had scratched the carpet. Yet the owner had nothing like a scratching post for the cat to scratch in the first place. Stupid idiot.

I've always liked the look of gears. My first avatar on WP was of rotating gears. I didn't realise that people might not like a moving avatar - when I did, I changed it.

When I first started posting here, I think a couple of people referred to this as being an aspie site. I said I'm not aspie and then cleared it up later by saying that I was dxed as HFA. Just semantics I guess.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2018, 09:27:23 PM »
My sister used to play jacks at school. That was nearly 50 years ago. They used plastic versions of a knuckle bone. I didn't know there was such a thing as metal jacks until I googled it just now.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2018, 10:10:34 PM »
Didn't know there's such a thing as plastic jacks, until searching for this avatar.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2018, 10:27:37 AM »
Jack's avatar fits her, but that may be because she's had it for so long, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2018, 02:11:38 PM »
I always picture Odeon as a Finnish version of John Lennon. I don't know why... but maybe that's what the avatar does to your impression of somebody.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2018, 02:16:07 PM »
I always picture Odeon as a Finnish version of John Lennon. I don't know why... but maybe that's what the avatar does to your impression of somebody.

I do not think that Odeon is Finnish, but I could be wrong. He posts as if he is living in Sweden and traveling for work interests. I believe him.

Many of us have ancestry from various parts of the globe.

I have always loved Odeon's Avatar of John Lennon counting his greenbacks, the country who deported him in disgrace, while Mr. Lennon got the last laugh.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 02:35:46 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2018, 02:39:48 PM »

After looking again at his avatar, I remembered that I have a really cool Apache hand made beady necklace thingy that I need to dig out and wear to the Joe B. concert next month.
I seldom wear beading or necklaces, because they make me feel hot - so in winter a good thing?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2018, 03:22:18 PM »
A Grade hard arseand all-round good bloke.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2018, 08:41:02 AM »

I do not think that Odeon is Finnish, but I could be wrong. He posts as if he is living in Sweden and traveling for work interests. I believe him.

I have always loved Odeon's Avatar of John Lennon counting his greenbacks, the country who deported him in disgrace, while Mr. Lennon got the last laugh.

I'm Finnish but live in Sweden. And yes, I travel a lot in my work.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2018, 09:15:32 AM »

Well shit, I will have to come up with a whole new list of Finnish insults, now.
You are a pain in the ass, you know?
 :autism:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2018, 12:33:37 AM »

Well shit, I will have to come up with a whole new list of Finnish insults, now.
You are a pain in the ass, you know?
 :autism:

I know. Sorry. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2018, 08:37:30 AM »

DirtDawg - I don't agree with cats being declawed either. It's against the law to do it in Australia. I once got angry with someone on Facebook who said they were going to get their cat declawed because it had scratched the carpet. Yet the owner had nothing like a scratching post for the cat to scratch in the first place. Stupid idiot.

See, that is the essence of the problems people have trying to tame and domesticate a cat. They have their ways and their instincts can not be ignored. They need high places to overlook, they have to keep their claws deadly sharp, they go by scent to identify food, play things, friends and dangers.

They are highly intelligent and "scary smart" (no way to put it, like how my cat can tell time and always wakes me up two minutes before the alarm goes off - dead serious!) in ways that make no sense.
My cat always brings me something when I am sick or have irritated my old back injury. She is an indoor cat, so it is often a toy, but our last cat was a hunter. Spent most of his time outside. Cats often bring live prey when you get sick. Most people think this kind of crap just sucks and hate cats for this reason, but that behavior is your cat caring for you.

One time my wife and I were both bedridden with a terrible flu. The cat had his own door, and one afternoon he brought us two live birds in his mouth. Can you imagine what he went through to capture ONE bird and keep it alive to bring home to us - BUT NO, this awesome beast managed to capture TWO birds, keeping them both alive in his fang filled jaws, one for each of us. Cats are amazing!

They can see in darkness twenty times less light than we can, then being able to see farther into both ends of the spectrum well beyond what we can see. Hearing over three octaves above ours, little "whisker like" sensors all over their bodies to sense air movement and super low frequencies. Lots more!

They also can understand dozens of words, once you get to know each other.
Cats can be amazing but you have to give them a bit of what they need to keep them "happy."  Then to be a successful owner/keeper/guardian, you have to learn a bit about how cat love manifests. Then accept that love or you are not a cat person.

Fucking get them some high places and a scratchy place.  NEVER remove their claws.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:41:32 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2018, 08:49:02 AM »
A Grade hard arseand all-round good bloke.

Not sure that was meant for me, but I am claiming it as mine.  Thanks.